Les Mis

miserableoldgit

Saw Les Mis at The Mayflower last night and it was absolutely magnificent! Having seen the original 4 or 5 times, I was concerned that the new 25th Anniversary production would not be the same show. I needn`t have worried. The new sets, costumes and stage effects were stunning as were the main leads. The packed audience were on their feet even before the final note of the finale had finished. A superb piece of theatre has been given a face-lift and it has been hugely successful. Better than ever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Have seen it 4 times now, but all in London, did want to go to this one but was to far. Going to see it on Saturday in London again, and then it will be Chicago... which is also very good, and something to perv over at the same time!

Probably my all-time favourite musical - I would see it a hundred times and I've played the DVD so often I almost know it word for word and certainly dance move for dance move :)

Probably my all-time favourite musical - I would see it a hundred times and I've played the DVD so often I almost know it word for word and certainly dance move for dance move :)

The Odeon at Leisure World is showing the 25th Anniversary Concert from The O2 this coming Sunday @7.00pm. Think that there will be some of the original cast plus, I think, Matt Lucas as Thenardier. Should be good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-11371944

The concert from the O2 was relayed to the Odeon last night and it was a fantastic experience. Superb performances from all of the cast (esp Alfie Boe and Lea Salonga) and a special mention of Matt Lucas who was an excellent Thenardier. After the concert the original 1985 cast were wheeled out and four Jean Valjeans (inc Colm Wilkinson) did a four part harmony "Bring Him Home". An altogether unforgettable experience.

The concert from the O2 was relayed to the Odeon last night and it was a fantastic experience. Superb performances from all of the cast (esp Alfie Boe and Lea Salonga) and a special mention of Matt Lucas who was an excellent Thenardier. After the concert the original 1985 cast were wheeled out and four Jean Valjeans (inc Colm Wilkinson) did a four part harmony "Bring Him Home". An altogether unforgettable experience.

Agreed, it was fantastic.

I went along to a local cinema with my other half, she has seen Les Mis a couple of time in the distant past and thought I might enjoy it even though musicals are not generally my thing. She was right, a cracking evening.