The Rupert Lowe / Glen Hoddle football academy?

simo

Do you think it's a coincidence that we have adopted the same policy that hoddle has in his "Academy"?

http://www.glennhoddleacademy.com/introduction.html

No

(For further information kindly refer to the previous posts I've made reference the ORIGINAL reason and interviews at the time that SCW was appointed (can't be arsed to type it ALL out again for the 150th time) :-)

No

(For further information kindly refer to the previous posts I've made reference the ORIGINAL reason and interviews at the time that SCW was appointed (can't be arsed to type it ALL out again for the 150th time) :-)

Me neither!

no its got nothing to do with hoddle.

What? The Glenn Hoddle Academy has nothing to do with Glenn Hoddle??? :-)

His signing is nothing to do with Hoddle - agreed - but the concept of changing the Academy system because it ONLY "nurtures" players up until the age of 18 and many are lost to the game because they develop later has been quoted in interviews relating to the appointment of SCW if anyone can 1) remember or 2) google that far back

Hoddle then opens an Academy in Spain to do the same thing. Completely unrelated of course

And we start pulling in youngsters out of thin air aged around 18-21, which is of course simply down to being skint and was never thought about before

Dalek2003 is gonna reply to this thread :smt022[/QUO

I am sure that Glenn has strong links with the club. Potentially Glenn will able to coach some of the best academy youngsters in Europe.

Glenn could still help Saints re-emerge from the debacle of the last 4/5 years.

I am sure that Glenn has strong links with the club. Potentially Glenn will able to coach some of the best academy youngsters in Europe.

Think everyone's been been waiting for that:-)

Ah yes that he will except they'll be "ex-academy or "late developing youngsters". However who's actual IDEA was it?

SCW's or Rupert's? Or did they nick it from Glenn when he was here?

Or even, more worryingly Simon Clifford's

hey it's almost pleasant to speculate on history for a change instead of saying wish they hadn't done something......

What? The Glenn Hoddle Academy has nothing to do with Glenn Hoddle??? :-)

His signing is nothing to do with Hoddle - agreed - but the concept of changing the Academy system because it ONLY "nurtures" players up until the age of 18 and many are lost to the game because they develop later has been quoted in interviews relating to the appointment of SCW if anyone can 1) remember or 2) google that far back

Hoddle then opens an Academy in Spain to do the same thing. Completely unrelated of course

And we start pulling in youngsters out of thin air aged around 18-21, which is of course simply down to being skint and was never thought about before

have we signed any players from his academy,i think not so i cannot see the link.

Thats not to say that hoddle would recommend players to clubs to look at.

have we signed any players from his academy,i think not so i cannot see the link.

Thats not to say that hoddle would recommend players to clubs to look at.

No there seems no speculation anywhere that this is the case, and no speculation that Glenn may even be talking to Rupert let alone any of our scouts.

More a case of "hmm are we copying his idea?"

or vice versa

No there seems no speculation anywhere that this is the case, and no speculation that Glenn may even be talking to Rupert let alone any of our scouts.

More a case of "hmm are we copying his idea?"

or vice versa

i expect that rupert lowe has gone the europeon way of coaching teams and always wanted these methods at the club.

i expect that rupert lowe has gone the europeon way of coaching teams and always wanted these methods at the club.

Indeed, the system in place now is not new, its only newish in the UK. Just look at reserve and youth football on the European mainland and you'll see the similarities between that and what Rupert is trying to create with JP & Wotte.

Do it really matter whose idea it is/was , If these kids do the job for Saints and we start climbing the table GREAT. Would love to see Smith play a blinder on the wing this afternoon and Robertson score a hatrick,It would make my day , Ruperts Day , Jans Day and probably SCW & Hoddle as well.

Do it really matter whose idea it is/was , If these kids do the job for Saints and we start climbing the table GREAT. Would love to see Smith play a blinder on the wing this afternoon and Robertson score a hatrick,It would make my day , Ruperts Day , Jans Day and probably SCW & Hoddle as well.

Actually I think it's a bl**dy good idea and a potential money spinner for Hoddle and anyone else who finds "lost gems"

And what's more it ALWAYS p*sses off the fans of the clubs that let the player go - for eg see Brian Howard threads :-)

and my day,come on you saints.

Are you one of these people who wears a t-shirt with your hero printed on it?

Do you think it's a coincidence that we have adopted the same policy that hoddle has in his "Academy"?

http://www.glennhoddleacademy.com/introduction.html

It's an ACADEMY for training youth players to become better players and one day progress to be senior players [or not].

Just how many different policies is it possible to have?

The appointment of Ps over Glenn Hoddle, one of the greatest mistakes the board made. Influenced by a vocal minority.

But you do really blame the fans don't you cyberman (sorry Dalek)

Maybe if Lowe and the board were not so gutless your saviour would of comeback, they made the decision not the fans. Afterall super Mike Wilde knew if he sided with Lowe it would upset many fans but he still done it. Because he thinks its in the best intrest of the club (and his bank balance)

Yours and Scabbys constant blame game with fellow supporters is wearing thin and becoming incredibly boring and pathetic.