Japanese Grand Prix

Arizona

Not sure if anyone else was hardcore enough like me to get up and watch it at 7am, having stayed up till 3am watching qualy. Anyway, by now you've seen the re-run if you were going to watch it. Thoughts?

It looks like a 3 horse race now, McLaren just don't have the pace to even match Red Bull, let alone make up a sizeable chunk of points over 3 races. Was gutted when Kubica retired. Not only because he's one of my favourite drivers, but having him in between the Red Bulls would really have thrown a spanner in the works. LOVED watching Kobayashi's race though. That man is just an overtaking machine. Would be great to see him in a competitive car one day.

P.S. Ponty. Martin Brundle is right, Petrov is the most expensive pay driver out there. With a decent driver in that seat you would probably be above Merc in the WDC.

I wouldn't completely write-off McLaren just yet - by all accounts they knew that today was going to be a tough race, and they believe that they may do a lot better in two weeks time.

Red Bull are, of course, looking very strong - but it's not all over by any means.

Totally agree about Kobayashi - he was quite spectacular :)

Not sure if anyone else was hardcore enough like me to get up and watch it at 7am, having stayed up till 3am watching qualy. Anyway, by now you've seen the re-run if you were going to watch it. Thoughts?

Yes and yes, but I have a gf, so I wasn't up watching quali at 3am...

I'm going in tomorrow to tell them they owe me a lie in, ffs.

That failure looked very similar to the one with Rosberg later on in the race, where the wheel seemed to just seperate. Any idea if the two were similar failures? I guess Suzuka must be fairly unique as the only circuit which puts an equal load on the tyres on both sides of the car (being a figure of 8 ).

Edited by Arizona

not sure if anyone else was hardcore enough like me to get up and watch it at 7am, having stayed up till 3am watching qualy. Anyway, by now you've seen the re-run if you were going to watch it. Thoughts?

It looks like a 3 horse race now, mclaren just don't have the pace to even match red bull, let alone make up a sizeable chunk of points over 3 races. Was gutted when kubica retired. Not only because he's one of my favourite drivers, but having him in between the red bulls would really have thrown a spanner in the works. Loved watching kobayashi's race though. That man is just an overtaking machine. Would be great to see him in a competitive car one day.

P.s. Ponty. Martin brundle is right, petrov is the most expensive pay driver out there. With a decent driver in that seat you would probably be above merc in the wdc.

sky+ HD :o

That failure looked very similar to the one with Rosberg later on in the race, where the wheel seemed to just seperate. Any idea if the two were similar failures? I guess Suzuka must be fairly unique as the only circuit which puts an equal load on the tyres on both sides of the car (being a figure of 8 ).

No idea, Ari. We'll probably never know for sure what happened to the Merc and most people will probably never know for sure what happened to the Renault.