Cardiff v Saints - Predictions

the scud

A difficult opening fixture which I feel we're likely to lose in all honesty . The job in hand will be made harder still by the absence of Stern John and Andrew Davies . I'm looking for the team to put in some sort of creditable performance and hopefully not get tonked like in the opening fixture of last season .

Cardiff 2 - Saints 0

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see our team is young and dynamic. I see it as inexperienced and lacking in depth and quality. Admittedly I have only seen them play once, and I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see as getting anything from this game.

I think it's going to be a tough season. Hopefully the decent young prospects we have won't be scarred by the experience.

Sadly it will be the mark of most games this season with a team too young, a coaching set up inexperienced with English football, and a board that thinks you can get results on the cheap...relegation this season...and it pains me to say that. Scooby and his optimism are miss placed since he is known to be a Portsmouth supporter on a wind up mission

If the green shoots of team spirit, 100% effort for the shirt, and promise of some of the young players being alluded to on here this week is even vaguely true, I'll go for 2-2 as well.

If I just look at the likely line-up and dont consider the aforementioned, I'd go for 3-0 to Cardiff.

Let's just see if the kids can cut it in a real game, yes ? The ramifications of the manner of the performance are broader than just the Cardiff result.

Don't think 1st game of the season will tell us a lot to be honest. Just feel it will be the usual defeat on day one 2 - 1 to Cardiff to keep up our fabulous opening day record.

Hope I'm wrong though!

For me it's all about the performance over the first month & the ability to stick to the footballing plan & the ability to pick up enough points to keep our heads above water.