The Wonders of the Universe

pap

So, has anybody been watching this? I've seen both episodes so far. Very good program which turns the mundane ( gold wedding rings ) into the extraordinary.

And although one of my FB friends is somewhat dismissive of Professor Brian Cox ( "The only Wonder of the Universe is how that c**t got on telly" ), I've actually got past the potential pretentious factor. Genuinely think he's interested and excited about the Universe we live in.

Mind you, the Ms Pap did point out that he gets to travel to a lot of far-flung Earth-bound locations on the BBC's budget :)

I've actually got past the potential pretentious factor. Genuinely think he's interested and excited about the Universe we live in.

He is great for tV and this subject matter...not sure he comes across as at all pretentious.

There appears to be a real surge of quality programming and interest stemming from the advances of theories and dicoveries in the sky above within the last 10 years. I admit, I am myself caught up in the wave. Had a telescope for a year now and actively involved in our city's astro society and deep sky observing events. It's plenty geeky but I don't care...it's quite fascinating and rather satisfying.

Interesting programme, and tries to explain some truly massive concepts

Still thinking about the explanation as to why time only moves forward

I started reading a book of his called Why Does E=MC2? (and Why Should We Care?) and he attempts to explain all about vectors in spacetime. I have to admit I gave up because it actually made my brain hurt.