Is there a better way forward?

Snowballs2

Unless we win the Euro millions then no. Investment is needed, otherwise, we will be no more than a dwindling feeder club.

Its down to attendances, without people going, there isnt much money coming in, and wages being as they are, are crippling us. Consequently, we will see the better players go, and replaced with yet more untried youth.

IMO while we have them, we should be utilising the likes of Stern John and Rudi, that added exdperience would benefit the team.

With all due respect S2 you don't pose a very good questions. We havn't actually moved forward as a club for what... 5 years or so...??? The question is, how do we stop the slide, (we aint at the bottom yet), stabalise the club (could take years), and then get it moving forward again.

In the current light - who really would want to invest in a club with very little current playing potential, most investors want a quick return - there are plenty of Premier teams out there willing to take their cash, or clubs better placed then ourselves.

There are alternatives to youth - but ultimately they involve vast sums of money - which we just do not have. The situation at SMS is going to get worse before it gets better - we have not moved forward for years....!!!!

With all due respect S2 you don't pose a very good questions. We havn't actually moved forward as a club for what... 5 years or so...??? The question is, how do we stop the slide, (we aint at the bottom yet), stabalise the club (could take years), and then get it moving forward again.

In the current light - who really would want to invest in a club with very little current playing potential, most investors want a quick return - there are plenty of Premier teams out there willing to take their cash, or clubs better placed then ourselves.

There are alternatives to youth - but ultimately they involve vast sums of money - which we just do not have. The situation at SMS is going to get worse before it gets better - we have not moved forward for years....!!!!

Disagree slightly, the alternatives were in the summer we have signed godknows how many youngsters from outside the club, there total wages could have been used to buy a couple of defenders with CCC experience.

Playing 6 youngsters with 5 senior pros might work, playing 9 with 2 will not.

Everyone has to learn their job from experienced older people but not in Ruperts world of Narnia keepy uppy football

Disagree slightly' date=' the alternatives were in the summer we have signed godknows how many youngsters from outside the club, there total wages [b']could have [/b]been used to buy a couple of defenders with CCC experience.

Playing 6 youngsters with 5 senior pros might work, playing 9 with 2 will not.

Everyone has to learn their job from experienced older people but not in Ruperts world of Narnia keepy uppy football

Mike - I agree - we had alternatives then - you've highlighted what we could have done. The problem being - errr we didn't.

We went with the youth, and as far as I can tell we have no money in the pot to do anything but stick with the youth.

The question being asked is how do we move the club forward. But before we can address that, we have to stop it from moving backwards, which with this current set up we are doing - and have been for some years.

Mike - I agree - we had alternatives then - you've highlighted what we could have done. The problem being - errr we didn't.

We went with the youth, and as far as I can tell we have no money in the pot to do anything but stick with the youth.

The question being asked is how do we move the club forward. But before we can address that, we have to stop it from moving backwards, which with this current set up we are doing - and have been for some years.

Quite right but what i get fed up with is luvvies who keep saying we had no choice , we did and rupert once again took the wrong option, it stinks of 2003 when we bought squad players not improving the best 11.

Now we keep adding youngsters, Forecast , Gasmi, Peckhart, Robertson, Smith, Cork we have become a babysitting service for teams like Millwall.

The way forward is to stop now , get Skacel, Perry into the team give the youngsters a chance to learn there trade, stop believing they will learn from their mistakes magically on there own, no one expects an electrician or plumber to know it all and teach themselves.

what we really need our some CCC journeymen players in the mid 20s to give the team some sort of solid base to play off

or at least some younger players with potential that have actuallt been blooded - Phil Ifil and Mark Yeates from Colchester in January would be a start

Chris Baird on loan tomorrow would be a better one

Actually I think we could do better with what we have on the pitch. A manager/coach who understands the English game and knows how to mix youth and experience could have us winning. There is some top talent available from the youngsters, Surman, Lallana, Cork, Schneiderlin, Lancashire possibly, even McG if someone could give his arse a big kick and stop him thinking he is a fancy dan. Add into that mix Perry, Wotton, John, Euell, Davis and Skacel (Killer as well maybe), and dare I say even BWP and a proper manager would have that lot winning games. It might not be pretty (but then today was definitely not pretty) but it could get results. I'm not sure who the right manager would be (personally I think Pearson was right), but even some arsehole like Billy Davies would probably get this lot set up right. I quite like Jan, his principles are right, but he is out of his depth with no proper #2 to support him (I thoughtWotte was supposed to be his assistant, looks more like Hockaday to me is the 2nd in command).