Dale Stephens

Cricketphilly

Personally thought he was a bit anonymous and on a couple of occasions the game was passing him by. Towards the end of the game he seemed to be trailing behind MK Dons midfielders who were pouring forward.

That said it was only 20 mins and the first time he had played with his team mates, so not long enough for him to get accustomed to them and what was expected of him etc. Additionally, the period he came on was rather frantic and a tad end to end, so a bit difficult to put your foot on it and take control!!!!!!!

Certainly looking forward to seeing him play, and a midfielder with a 1 in 4 goal ratio this year is promising. Wouldn't change the centre pairing for him just yet, but good to have him as back up in the hectic run in.

I thought his performance was very mixed - just like someone finding their way in a new team.

On the ball he looked assured and settled most of the time. When he didn't have the ball he was challenging strongly or indulging in headless chicken mode as Um says. The problem I saw was that both he and Hammond were trying to play the anchor role of a diamond formation and were getting in each other's way.

In time, I think he will look a solid and assured performer.

He looked calm and composed and I don't remember any mistakes, but he wasn't greatly involved in the time he had on the pitch. I did notice him showing some leadership potential though, clapping and motivating team mates, he was very vocal at times and always quick to support others.

I agree with Saint Charlie - Start Stephens over Chaplow on Tuesday, who needs to calm down a bit and concentrate on his football.

to echo what has been posted previously, looked very comfortable on the ball, and wanted the ball. I feel he did well seeing the situation he was thrown into. I again would start him instead of Chaplow on Tuesday.

Also, he's quite tall (looked about 6"2, 6"3) which gives us an option in the air in midfield, something I feel we are weak at

calm, comfortble on the ball

didn't do anything flashy to catch the eye

seemed happy to run into opposition's box

also seemed vocal - considering his age, experience of players he was joining noticed him shouting at few of them to cover positions

Impossible to judge on that performance, especially considering the circumstances.

When he was introduced, the game passed a lot of the midfield by as Dons resulted to lumping it forward in search of an equaliser, whilst we were happy to clear our lines and put the ball into row Z. What he did do, he did very well. Looked calm and composed on the ball, played it simple and didn't seem phased by making his debut in a tricky tie.

Too early to say whether he'll be a decent signing or not, but early signs are positive!

Edited by Bailey