A year in football -why we keep hoping...

NickG

on MOTD2 thet showed todays premiership table and 12 months ago CCC.

Hull went from 18th in CCC to 3rd in premiership -amazing performance.

Although we are far far from showing any improvement let alone that sort of thing, but to me that is one of the reasons I always will support saints, the dream that one day things will change and when they do we can, in relatively short period rise again, can't we?

Although we are far far from showing any improvement let alone that sort of thing, but to me that is one of the reasons I always will support saints, the dream that one day things will change and when they do we can, in relatively short period rise again, can't we?

i think that highlights how crap we are...we are going the other way whilst hull were on the way up..

thanks for making me feel even worse about saints

the question is, what steps were taken to turn an 18th place side into one that got promoted?

I saw that. I was quite disappointed that they didn't show Saints in the Championship table. It was the best chance we had of being on MoTD this season. :(

Not while Lowe is in charge.

the question is, what steps were taken to turn an 18th place side into one that got promoted?

A decent experienced manager, with a owner/chairman with a few bob allowing him to strengthen the squad. Oh yes and the loaning of Fraizer Campbell from Manyoo. Sounds about as far removed from us as it could possibly be.

A decent experienced manager, with a owner/chairman with a few bob allowing him to strengthen the squad. Oh yes and the loaning of Fraizer Campbell from Manyoo. Sounds about as far removed from us as it could possibly be.

'A decent experienced manager'. Now while I agree with tha description of Brown I would point out that he's primarily a decent and experienced coach and his previous foray into management with Derby ended in failure, taking a side that had been in the play offs into the relegation spaces over half a season. What Hull did was stick by Brown because they believed in what he could achieve rather than his past record, despite the unpromising start to the season.

Now does any of that sound familiar? Obviously a few bob would be handy at the moment, but that's the only real difference.

Phil Brown was there in Dec 2006 -so therefore there when they were 18th in CCC.

Yes but in his first half season he turned them round from relegation certs, when he took over from Parkinson, to saving them with a game or so to spare. His style is much more Pearson than Poortvliet and I know who I'd much rather have in charge.