Saganowski goes on loan

Nexstar

Why oh why cant some fans (and maybe some chairmen) see that results will make a direct difference to finances ???

Is this in the way that Leeds focussed on results and got to CL semi-final but then went totally and utterly bankrupt and are now stuck in League One AND having to play David Prutton?!

Is this in the way that Leeds focussed on results and got to CL semi-final but then went totally and utterly bankrupt and are now stuck in League One AND having to play David Prutton?!

Can someone tell me where I said "sod the finances, only results count" ??

I thought I was counselling AGAINST absolute black-and-white perspectives...

But taking things down to our level, the fact is that the style of play was negated by the clever use of tactics to counter it. The clever managers in this division will watch how we play others and set out a strategy to negate our play or counter it. The Holland team's style was negated and countered and showed the way that it can be done.

I never expected us to be invincible, did you? There is no magic formation that concurs all. I do feel that the current system is best suited for our youngsters and it is those players we are forced to rely on because of our financial situation and besides that it is more exciting to watch so if we can get halfdecent results with exciting football then I'm sure more people will turn up then last season (which would better our finances).

Can someone tell me where I said "sod the finances, only results count" ??

I thought I was counselling AGAINST absolute black-and-white perspectives...

But we're not throwing everything out are we? Some of the senior pro's (Davies) will stay so it is no that absolutely black or white as you are making it out to be.

there still have not been the departures perdicted on here.

The list widely posted was

Davies

Surman

Dyer

Rasiak

John

Safri

Saga

Skacel

so far, safri and Saga -expect more but also expect several on that list to stay.

i appreciate the books need to balance, I would rather start the season with ony DMG and BWP up front than on minus 13 points

I never expected us to be invincible, did you? There is no magic formation that concurs all. I do feel that the current system is best suited for our youngsters and it is those players we are forced to rely on because of our financial situation and besides that it is more exciting to watch so if we can get halfdecent results with exciting football then I'm sure more people will turn up then last season (which would better our finances).

I concur that there is no magic formation that conquers all ;) Although the traditional formation of 4-4-2 is what we can generally expect to come up against, we have dabbled ourselves with other formations as a Premiership club with varying degrees of success. Hoddle often employed two wing backs to switch between 5-3-2 in defence and 3-5-2 in attack. Ball had his Christmas tree formation of 4-3-2-1 which could quickly be switched to 4-5-1 or 4-3-3. Currently popular in the Premiership is the midfield diamond that is popular with some teams.

Is it the case that the formation we play suits our youngsters, or our manager? Certainly it is entertaining to watch as long as it is working, but will it become less so if other teams deploy a strategy to negate its effectiveness? The concept is great on paper, keeping possession by quick decisive passing, with player movement to keep the opposition chasing shadows. Presumably that did not happen after the half hour at Cardiff, or it would be a connundrum if we truly only had 34% possession during the match.

But as you say, no formation conquers all and it will be interesting to see how long it is before we are sussed out and our strategy negated.

as its so unusual it will be a bit of a dilema for other managers -so they stick to their formation, worry about ours, or see a weakness in ours.

think we will see all approaches this season -with varying degree of success

as its so unusual it will be a bit of a dilema for other managers -so they stick to their formation, worry about ours, or see a weakness in ours.

think we will see all approaches this season -with varying degree of success

I think that you're right. But obviously if a manager devises a strategy that is devastatingly effective early on, then provided that the personnel are there with the same skills to exploit it, others will have seen the marker laid down and if they have half a brain, they will see the way forward.

The question then will be whether JP has other ways of varying play to keep them guessing, or whether we will be a one trick pony.