Saganowski goes on loan

Nexstar

I take it you're referring to BWP. Maybe it is you with blinkers.

I think you might find that BWP's record is as good as Saga's and for the record I was not talking about BWP so your point is kind of redundant. This is a thread about Saga and his wages effect on the club finances.

I think you might find that BWP's record is as good as Saga's and for the record I was not talking about BWP so your point is kind of redundant. This is a thread about Saga and his wages effect on the club finances.

Not suggesting it wasn't however you were stating Saga ran around alot and basically didn't achieve a great deal. This is BWPs forte is it not, so my point is not redundant. Thanks for reminding of the thrust of this thread, it was actually started to highlight he had gone on loan. No more, no less, but thanks.

If we can replace Saga (if required) with a similar standard of player at lower cost then fantastic, if we can't and find ourselves relying on DMG or BWP and it doesn't happen for them then it's a false economy.

average performer (if we're being kind), high wages- so this is good news. As critical as I am about what's going on with the club/team, I don't think that he brought anything of value that can't be offered by our remaining players.

I fully agree with letting him go, but I certainly don't think that what's left behind will see us clear.

I should point out that I never wanted us to sign him even with his goals, before Jones left we had more than enough, once Jones had gone we needed pace and power not Saga. Wrong perhaps, but certainly consistent.

The players you keep on about lack pace, can't pass, don't compete, and more importantly can't cope with the sheer pace of the football being played.

These young players are used to winning. They have played in winning teams for the last few seasons and it shows. They play with a swagger that we haven't seen for years.

If you aren't going to the games it doesn't make any sense to pass hard and fast opinions on the basis of historical memory. We have moved on.

Edited by derry

So am I. The players you keep on about lack pace, can't pass, don't compete, and more importantly can't cope with the sheer pace of the football being played.

These young players are used to winning. They have played in winning teams for the last few seasons and it shows. They play with a swagger that we haven't seen for years.

If you aren't going to the games it doesn't make any sense to pass hard and fast opinions on the basis of historical memory. We have moved on.

think you've got your wires crossed somewhere sweetheart! :rolleyes:

think you've got your wires crossed somewhere sweetheart! :rolleyes:

The "you" wasn't your post but all those negative posters who obviously haven't see the team play. The answer to your post was "So am I". A bit ambiguous though, I see where you are coming from. Is that better?

Edited by derry

Jesus, why is it so difficult to understand that low costs with low revenue is no better than higher costs with higher revenue ??

There is a colossally arrogant assumption doing the rounds that Lowe can slash and burn yet still rely on the same revenue whatever the results. Where this comes from, heaven knows, but its ridiculous..

jesus why is it so difficult to see high cost and low revenue is a problem!

you are clearly on a wind up and not serious so will smile and move on!

Wow, trust Lowe who managed to turn a silk purse into a sow's ear, and trust Wilde who is away with the fairies.

I'm convinced...

or trust your better informed opinion of made up facts? not hard to decide. You may not like them but they know what is going on and can understand it unlike you.

The "you" wasn't your post but all those negative posters who obviously haven't see the team play. The answer to your post was "So am I". A bit ambiguous though, I see where you are coming from. Is that better?

Are we both alluding to the fact that we now play better football than last season and have a good chance of doing much better than the "experienced pros" that almost dropped us in the proverbial last year?

If so, then yes that is better.

:)

jesus why is it so difficult to see high cost and low revenue is a problem!

you are clearly on a wind up and not serious so will smile and move on!

Post of the decade IMO.

THAT hit the nail right on the head.

These youngsters will also be far more likely to bring the fans (and revenue) back than the "experienced pros" due to the slick style of play they have grown up playing.

So maybe, just maybe, it will be a case of Higher revenue and lower costs!:p

God forbid that should ever happen though... ;)

Jesus, why is it so difficult to understand that low costs with low revenue is no better than higher costs with higher revenue ??

There is a colossally arrogant assumption doing the rounds that Lowe can slash and burn yet still rely on the same revenue whatever the results. Where this comes from, heaven knows, but its ridiculous..

Maybe the bank is calling the shots, Lowe and Wilde have probably been told to slash the wage bill meaning getting rid of the high earners.

Maybe the bank is calling the shots, Lowe and Wilde have probably been told to slash the wage bill meaning getting rid of the high earners.

So we are supposed to think the bank are that stupid that customer base allienation is an alien notion to them ? Right.

Also, that means Lowe is making sod all difference, despite the worship in certain parts, since the bank would have forced the same actions if Crouch were still in charge.

So we are supposed to think the bank are that stupid that customer base allienation is an alien notion to them ? Right.

Also, that means Lowe is making sod all difference, despite the worship in certain parts, since the bank would have forced the same actions if Crouch were still in charge.

Fair comment , you will have them all after you now Alps.

Exactly, the same would of happened had Crouch still been in charge, that Lowe is in charge now makes no difference to the fact we are in debt and need to reduce the wage bill. Whoever is in charge without the money to put in will be in the same position.

Exactly, the same would of happened had Crouch still been in charge, that Lowe is in charge now makes no difference to the fact we are in debt and need to reduce the wage bill. Whoever is in charge without the money to put in will be in the same position.

Ok, so let's stop this nonsense that Lowe is weaving some kind of magic then.

I have seen no-one at all suggest that Lowe is waving a magic wand. The fact that some fans have been impressed by the team that have put out is nothing to do with bigging up lowe or not as the case often is. It is about giving some credit where it seems due.

The fact is that Lowe is taking tough decisions that need to be made and actually making them but trying to balance that with the purchase of young players that may have potential or giving our better youngsters a try.

Whats your solution? You only ever criticise, but I have never seen you put forward an alternative. Come on lets hear your way of reducing the costs and still competing genius?

Welcome back to the forum Alpine...

I have seen no-one at all suggest that Lowe is waving a magic wand. The fact that some fans have been impressed by the team that have put out is nothing to do with bigging up lowe or not as the case often is. It is about giving some credit where it seems due.

The fact is that Lowe is taking tough decisions that need to be made and actually making them but trying to balance that with the purchase of young players that may have potential or giving our better youngsters a try.

Whats your solution? You only ever criticise, but I have never seen you put forward an alternative. Come on lets hear your way of reducing the costs and still competing genius?

Welcome back to the forum Alpine...

Oh, come off it. Lowe has been able to hide behind the summer break to take his unpopular decisions, Crouch had to take his (Rasiak and Skacel) full-on in the middle of the season with fans braying down his neck.

In the same way as certain people argued that the transfer activity planned for the 2006-2007 season was set in motion by Lowe, the cost cutting was already planned by the old board (there has been clear evidence cited about the corner issues), yet some people have been banging on about Lowe's financial expertise.

By-the-way, we may have cut costs, but until 1700 tomorrow afternoon the argument that we are still competing is complete opinion on your behalf and not fact.

I don't see any nonsense.

I see Lord Lowe cutting our wage bill dramatically.

I see him clearing out the dross and dead wood.

I see him the regime introducing exciting, innovative total football to the mickey mouse.

I see us with a real opportunity to win this league thanks to his actions.

I see him the regime introducing exciting, innovative total football to the mickey mouse.

I'm very pleased for you..

We must repent!

Lowe wants maximum shop-front exposure for the youngsters just in case a couple shape up and become decent players...

Still not convinced bringing back the good times at SFC is high priority for him....

And that my friend is what it all comes down to, Lowes mentality is that as long as there's a game of football on every week and we finish above the relegation zone that is all that matters, along with him lining his own pockets of course! Lowe is in it for himself always has been always will be. You are just a seat number in his salary.

Cue the abuse..... ;)

And that my friend is what it all comes down to, Lowes mentality is that as long as there's a game of football on every week and we finish above the relegation zone that is all that matters, along with him lining his own pockets of course! Lowe is in it for himself always has been always will be. You are just a seat number in his salary.

Cue the abuse..... ;)

So don't you think it will be better for him to be in the premiership where he could line his pockets with with more money through higher wages and bonuses. You are really blinkered.

Facile reasoning. Lowe, like any businessman, wants to be in the top flight for no reason other than there's no money to be had in the mickey mouse.

If (when under your reasoning) we get promoted, what would you expect Lowe to do? How would we consolidate/push on?

You mean you didn't know about the cull that was to happen? Get real, the teams we have set out to play speak for themselves, the bit part players are the ones that are going whether you, me or others like it. We need to lower the wage bill. Gathered from a lot of opinions from pre season at least we are playing footy so at least there is a bit of optimism, something you know nothing about.

what and course you do

It amazes me that people wanted shot of him. Quality player who got ****ed about last year by drunken George who made a big play about him being a vital signing and then ****ed him about all season. We want forwards with movement for this season. We had two and one has just been sold. rasiak and John don't move at all and don't get me started on BWP.

And ideal for his movement if we are going to play most of the season with kids

FFS!

Do you have some idea that using mainly "kids" means we aren't allowed to play anyone with more talent who's over 25? What a strange attitude.

That was two years ago, get real he was ****e last season and is one of our biggest earners. Since he signed permanently he showed absolutely no signs of reaching the form of that small spell, and JP pretty much said he doesnt seem to bothered to try and do so, but I'm sure he was happy picking up his decent wage...

I thought he pretty much kept us in this division with his performance in the last game of the season. If he was good enough to start in that momentous game how come he isn't worth a place in the squad now?

Burley selected the team based on pure spite sometimes, I think.

Rasiak peeed him off in 2006-2007, so he dropped him for Saga.

The very same player, regarded so highly only 3 months before, barely feature in 2007-2008, so I would contend that Saga dared to offend him somehow.

I dont know of a single Saints manager in history that harboured such petty grudges against certain of his players at certain times as much as Burley did. Even Branfoots obvious jealousy for MLT that caused him to drop him and make press comments for years after that MLT was holding us back and should be sold pales into comparison..

It amazes me that people wanted shot of him. Quality player who got ****ed about last year by drunken George who made a big play about him being a vital signing and then ****ed him about all season. We want forwards with movement for this season. We had two and one has just been sold. rasiak and John don't move at all and don't get me started on BWP.

don't think people are saying they want shot of him, more some are saying club are idiots for getting rid of him and others realising we are broke and perhaps can live without him.

He may come back a better player as last season he did need to build his confidence.