smart phone advice?

hamster

Mrs h is in love with my iPhone.

Can't afford a new one for her so is their a (very) similar phone out there that does most of the same functions ie Facebook, messaging, email, photos, browsing, jewelquest etc. Touchscreen a must and portable for her payg contract?

Did a lot of research on this last week as I was buying one for my daughter's birthday. Ended up getting the blackberry torch with samsung galaxy s2 a close second. iPhone ruled out due to cost.

According to my 14 year old daughter, the HTC wasn't "street-cred" enough...teenagers are a fickle species though...

Orange san francisco. Still the best bargain availajd. Try to get "new old stock" model with an oled rather than tft screen. Unlock for nothing and run it on a Giff gaff sim.

Can root it easy as you like (like jail break on iPhone) and run on latest android.

Have a look at the modaco forum for details.

Any links to selling sites appreciated please. Not being lazy just that there's no point in me spending hours looking when you guys are more up to date with the best deals.

End of the day i'll let mrs h have a play with a couple in a phone shop to see how she gets on and prob buy online.

+1 on the San Francisco. Got one for my daughter for £80 quid after quidco cashback from Orange. Easily unlocked for use on other networks. My wife has the original Wildfire and I would rate the San Francisco better than the Wildfire

Mrs h keeps referring me back to used iPhones on eBay etc ffs.

Ive shown her those above and she's like a broken record; 'if it's not an iPhone, it's not an iphone'. Bloody adverts !!!!

If this goes the way I fear it's going then I wholeheartedly apologise on her behalf for wasting your precious time people and I really do mean that.