Problems with Acceleration...

saintscottofthenortham

Desperate for some help. Have a Ford Mondeo, 53 plate TDCi 2.0. When I put my foot down whilst driving, next to nothing happens. First gear feels about 50% usual, 2nd 20% and from there on each gear does next to nothing. At a stand still it revs up but not as fast as usual.

The problem is... i'm f*****g clueless about cars and f*****g skint so can't afford a garage to find out whats up.

FFS.

Basically you need a code reader to find out what the problem is, could be dozens of things. You might find somebody local on a Ford forum who has got one, or beg at the dealers. Possibly the most likely, assuming you didnt hear any nasty noises before it stopped running properly is the fuel or air sensors. You can try this but not how much it will tell you. Good luck

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Instrument_Cluster_Self-Diagnostic_Mode

Basically you need a code reader to find out what the problem is, could be dozens of things. You might find somebody local on a Ford forum who has got one, or beg at the dealers. Possibly the most likely, assuming you didnt hear any nasty noises before it stopped running properly is the fuel or air sensors. You can try this but not how much it will tell you. Good luck

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Instrument_Cluster_Self-Diagnostic_Mode

I saw something about the air filters on talkford forum, erg or something. Im fast losing faith at the moment.

My MK3 petrol engined Mondy was much the same and all it needed was a new coil pack, but that does not apply here as diesels don't have ignition coils of course ....

People buy modern turbodiesels to save cash on fuel but (as a rule) they don't seem to be as reliable as their mechanically simpler petrol engined counterparts, so unless you'll putting a lot of miles on them a chap has to wonder whether that extra 15 MPG is worth all the trouble.

My MK3 petrol engined Mondy was much the same and all it needed was a new coil pack, but that does not apply here as diesels don't have ignition coils of course ....

People buy modern turbodiesels to save cash on fuel but (as a rule) they don't seem to be as reliable as their mechanically simpler petrol engined counterparts, so unless you'll putting a lot of miles on them a chap has to wonder whether that extra 15 MPG is worth all the trouble.

To be honest, had the motor 3 years and this is the first problem I have had.

I have got the EGR pipe out, or the first part of it anyway and it has no split. Now for the 2nd, harder part. What a way to spend your f*****g Sunday. FFS.