Parking for home games?

Nexstar

Used to park in the industrial area the other side of Northam Bridge, but that seems to have been blocked off on matchdays recently.

Do anybody know of somewhere which is free (or only costs a couple of pound) and provides similarly easy access towards Hedge End?

Cheers

What's the score with Monday being a BH? Any free car parking, or does this open up any 'on road' opportunities?

Most yellow lines are covered by a Traffic Regulation Order. Double yellows are normally 24 7, but single yellows are normally 8am till 6pm, Monday to Saturday.

The bank holiday would be counted as a normal day.

Take care as Southampton City Council are pretty devious and send their Parking Enforcement Officers out on a match day as its good pickings fro them.

Speaking from experience here!!!

I use the industrial area where the old Meridian studios used to be, not far from where you use to park.

How do you get access to that site ?

Cost ?

I remember at one stage last season it had a few gypo caravans parked on it, and after the game there were a few kids whizzing around on quad bikes.

If you are talking about the industrial estate behind Meridian by the Farmhouse pub I would be very careful parking in there, especially for evening games. Mine was one of 12 cars that was broken into during the Boro game a few weeks ago. The police very helpfully advised me not to park there as it's easy for the little sh@ts to get away. Not that the police intend to do anything about it of course. I don't park there now.

we park quite close to the stadium, bit of a chore getting away after but its not too bad. usually give a guy a fiver outside one of the firms that let you park on their car park. more recently have just parked on the side of the road, signs used to say no parking but they are mainly covered up so saving a fiver :) last game I went to against Hull one of the guys that seems to just take money from you and you park in the road tried the scare tactics about getting towed away. just took a picture of the sign that was above the car and not showing a parking notice and was fine.

Used to park in the industrial area the other side of Northam Bridge, but that seems to have been blocked off on matchdays recently.

Do anybody know of somewhere which is free (or only costs a couple of pound) and provides similarly easy access towards Hedge End?

Cheers

For the Hull game I parked there no problem. Maybe its just 3 O'Clock games.