Football Manager 2009 *DEMO NOW AVAILABLE*

Matthew Le God

They need to cut out some of the media related stuff, its so vague and irrelevant. I know you can get your assistant to do it, but then it might effect your performance, although I can never work out exactly what I am supposed to say anyway. The 3D engine is not great, although if you use an overhead view its actually quite cool, but doesnt add as much to the game as I would like. Its unresponsive and the injuries are a pain in the arse but I dont think they will do much about it as they didnt with FM08. I doubt I will like this as much as FM07, but I think it might be a bit better than FM08 as I dont think they ever sorted the match engine out with 3 patches. I will give it a go when its out, but I think I will be back playing in 2043 on FM07 in a couple of weeks.

absolute pile of ****. Played it one game and thought it was ****.

Southampton are way underrated, i got beaten 7-1 by stockport ffs, with a half decent team out aswell. Whoever has done the stats is quite obviously inept and should stop after this version. The last two football managers, the southampton stats have been crap so i too will be playing FM07 which is actually semi realistic.

absolute pile of ****. Played it one game and thought it was ****.

Southampton are way underrated, i got beaten 7-1 by stockport ffs, with a half decent team out aswell. Whoever has done the stats is quite obviously inept and should stop after this version. The last two football managers, the southampton stats have been crap so i too will be playing FM07 which is actually semi realistic.

Care to explain why they are inept? Have you seen last years league table?

Care to explain why they are inept? Have you seen last years league table?

Matthew Le God generally I agree with you but please stop saying "have you seen lastyears table?"

half of that squad has moved on...

I think people are expecting people to peak alot better...

overall I think you did a realistic and good job as ever.

Maybe the squads current stats could be a tad better but now it will just question how good managers we are...

Im unbeaten in the league and cup with Saints... no signings either.

Downaloaded it couple of days ago - and I think some of the criticism is a tad harsh.

Ok it looks the same as last year's in terms of layout, but a major turn off for me last year was having to adjust to a new layout every time, so I feel quite at home with the new one already.

Ok, it crashes in the middle of a match every now and then (which is fecking annoying when you're 4-1 up at Barnsley) and there are far too many injuries, but overall I quite like it.

I'm pleased the media engine is bigger, I like the press conferences, especially when they quote me saying "**** off" to a reporter. I also like the 3d match engine too, despite the crashing bit. I'm sure SI will patch that bit up?? I find myself more involved with the 3d game than the old 2d.

However,

I think Saints are better than they're made out to be in the game, but you can say the same about Fifa09. I just hope the levels of potential are high for the current young squad. Even McGoldrick's scoring for me!

Thanks to LeGod for the hard work he's put in to get the game rolling.

Didn't have any problems with it crashing, despite playing on a 3-year-old laptop.

Quite enjoyed it actually, ended up taking Saints to 2nd place (a few points shy of Sheffield United) and through to the 4th Round of the FA Cup when it ended. Got rid of Skacel to Palace for £1.5m, and let Euell go on a free to Sheffield Wednesday. Brought in Heider Helguson, Daryl Murphy, Francisco Merida, Mark Randall and Robbie Fowler on loan (but got rid of the last two as they were pants). Somehow McGoldrick ended up as my top scorer!

Not a classic, but yeah not as bad as everyone seems to be making out!