Rossendales debt collection

Seaford Saint

We received a letter on Saturday that states Rossendales, a debt collection agency will send a van to collect goods to the value of £500 to our house.

The address on the letter is ours but the name on the letter is neither me or the wife or anyone we know.

I have spent 21 mintes on their answerphone trying to get through to them to tell them that their address is incorrect only no one answers the phone.

How do I convince this company not to attempt to enter our house and that we are not liable for this debt? We have 4 school age kids and I don't want them frightened etc.

As far as i know if they are a private debt collection company they can not enter your property they can only visit to confirm who lives there.

I think the only time you really need to worry is if it is from a court but then the bailiff would contact you in advance normally.

I'm not 100% sure on this so you may want to look into it or get some legal advice.

We received a letter on Saturday that states Rossendales, a debt collection agency will send a van to collect goods to the value of £500 to our house.

The address on the letter is ours but the name on the letter is neither me or the wife or anyone we know.

I have spent 21 mintes on their answerphone trying to get through to them to tell them that their address is incorrect only no one answers the phone.

How do I convince this company not to attempt to enter our house and that we are not liable for this debt? We have 4 school age kids and I don't want them frightened etc.

Let them come.

The onus is on them to prove that they are taking goods from the person that owns the debt.

If that isn't you, then if they take any of your property it will be theft, likewise if they enter your property without your permission it is breaking and entering / trespass. You could earn a pretty penny out of them if they ignore your calls - you've done all you can for now....

I believe you can also report them for harassment if they ignore your advising them that the debt holder is not at that address and they continue to try and make contact.

Simple ID (Driving Licence / Passport) should see to a wasted journey on their part. If they are too lazy to answer the phone, then they will soon learn after forking out mileage to the baliffs!

Also, maybe worth getting a credit check (Experian / Equifax) done on you. This will show people linked to your address, as there is a possibility, that someone maybe using your address to rack up debt without the fear of being chased for it when they have no intention of paying it back. Plus by doing the check, you can (if you find this to be the case) apply to Experian for a notice of dis-association so that should you apply for a mortgage / credit card / loan etc etc etc in the future and it be declined (due to potential bad credit registered against your address) they can see that 'Joe Bloggs' i not associated with you and your credit score will not be affected.

Hope it works out mate.

Register with this site pronto http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk . There is loads of cracking advice about that company.Just put thier name in "search".

They are in Rossendale Lancashire. There is no postal address as such and if they ignore letters in the same they have not picked up the phone calls I made to their "helpdesk", I fear I'll get nowhere by writing to them.

If it was me i'd contact the police.

If it was me i'd contact the police.

Yeah be careful because this sounds iffy to me! Debt collectors cannot take your possesions(or anybody else's) only bailiffs are allowed to remove goods and they are appointed by the court and are usually local to the person who owes the money.

Whilst we only have your word that you are in fact free from debt i am prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt.

You may wish to try either of these email addresses

jshaw@rossendales.com

or

info@rossendales.com

I am not in debt....I have tracked the debt down to someone's unpaid council tax bill. This debt had been passed to Rossendales. I have just received a confirmation from the council that they had spoken to Rossendales pointing out the mistake in their attempt to get the money back from us....

Many thanks to Baj who sent me a phone number.

I am not in debt....I have tracked the debt down to someone's unpaid council tax bill. This debt had been passed to Rossendales. I have just received a confirmation from the council that they had spoken to Rossendales pointing out the mistake in their attempt to get the money back from us....

Many thanks to Baj who sent me a phone number.

Not wanting to patronise, but did you record the person you spoke to, their position, time of call, what exactly they said and ask for written confirmation? I've been through this sh1t, it just ended up a nuisance as the debt collectors never grabbed anything, but the documentation I kept of each call was useful. Most of the people you're dealing with will say 'computer says no'.

Not wanting to patronise, but did you record the person you spoke to, their position, time of call, what exactly they said and ask for written confirmation? I've been through this sh1t, it just ended up a nuisance as the debt collectors never grabbed anything, but the documentation I kept of each call was useful. Most of the people you're dealing with will say 'computer says no'.

I got angry yesterday when the promised written assurance did not come from the helpdesk by late afternoon. I am usually nice to helpdesk staff. I ended up with an email saying that they (West Berks council) had contacted Rossendales to say they had made a mistake. No more than that......

I did point out that I'd got more help from this website than I had from West Berks!!! That went down like a lead balloon.