Boothroyd sacked

South City Si

erm, yes

Could he really do a job for us though?

Aside from the season he got Watford promoted, he's hardly pulled up trees. I think he just happened to have one of those seasons where everything went right, players peaked at the right time and he had Marlon King who had a bit of a purple patch that season.

I think he is a decent coach but not brilliant.

A lot of people appear to be mocking JP but do you really think Boothroyd could come in to Saints, inheriting the same players we currently have with 0 transfer funds and do any better, whilst being happy with the situation?

Erm, no

I do think that we have invested so much in the Poortvliet/ Wotte way that it would be yet another suicidal lurch into the abyss to abandon what has been achieved so far. Blame Lowe for not investing in better defenders, not these two. Boothroyd and others (who we wouldn't be able to afford anyway) would only return us to the bad days of the big hoof.

The biggest danger to our faltering but definite progress is not as a result of the way the Dutch duo have got the kids playing, but the imminent selling of our better players by Lowe in the January sales.