Boothroyd sacked

South City Si

Could Watford's decision to sack Ady Boothroyd be our gain? This could really help us especilly with Watford being broke and prob not afford a decent replacement.

If it meant Boothroyd's next job was to manage us then yes, but as Watford will soon have the 'new manager effect', and we are stuck with Poortaloo, I dont see us gaining from it at all.

Could Watford's decision to sack Ady Boothroyd be our gain? This could really help us especilly with Watford being broke and prob not afford a decent replacement.

Only if you believe there's a direct coralation between the managers wages and team performance - which I don't by the way . Just as likely a new manager will improve Watford's performance level , at least in the short term .

Could he really do a job for us though?

Aside from the season he got Watford promoted, he's hardly pulled up trees. I think he just happened to have one of those seasons where everything went right, players peaked at the right time and he had Marlon King who had a bit of a purple patch that season.

I think he is a decent coach but not brilliant.

A lot of people appear to be mocking JP but do you really think Boothroyd could come in to Saints, inheriting the same players we currently have with 0 transfer funds and do any better, whilst being happy with the situation?

Aside from the season he got Watford promoted, he's hardly pulled up trees. I think he just happened to have one of those seasons where everything went right, players peaked at the right time and he had Marlon King who had a bit of a purple patch that season.

A lot of people appear to be mocking JP but do you really think Boothroyd could come in to Saints, inheriting the same players we currently have with 0 transfer funds and do any better, whilst being happy with the situation?

erm, yes

who knows, but probably not. Hearing how Gobbern respects JP and his way.

who cares, glad he is not capable of inflicting crimes against football for a while , i hate everything he does with the game , good riddance to that totall numbskull! a. hoofthroyd rip

Edited by harwellsaint

I agree 100% with that post and IMO Jan is doing a good job here

Harry's appointment and reasonably fast success at Spuds is going to send a shock wave through football clubs craving success. Of course there are many clubs like Saints who are the beggars with no choice who'll stick with their managers, coaches etc.. thru thick and thin. Heads will role and the home from cast off football managers will fill. No wonder Rupert chose to invest in retirement homes.

Lets hope we can now rid ourselves of the Watford hoodoo. Bothroyd deserves it, his team and tatics are a disgrace to the great game of football.

Lets hope they are relegated. Lets face it no one will miss their ramshackle dump of a stadium lacking in any atmosphere filled with clueless idiots that actually turn up and support such a **** club.

Lets hope we can now rid ourselves of the Watford hoodoo. Bothroyd deserves it, his team and tatics are a disgrace to the great game of football.

Lets hope they are relegated. Lets face it no one will miss their ramshackle dump of a stadium lacking in any atmosphere filled with clueless idiots that actually turn up and support such a **** club.

Have you be wronged by a Watford fan in the past by any chance.

Have you be wronged by a Watford fan in the past by any chance.

No mate i just cannot stand their brand of football it winds me up big time. Also i have been to their ground on numerous occasions, have always seen us lose to a load of hoof it boot boys(premiership included), their fans do not sing,the atmosphere is rubbish,and they are just an irritant. End of!

Watford were garbage when they were a decent Championship team and they were probably the worst team I have ever seen when they beat us 3-0 this year.

I fail to see how this will make them worse.

being garbage at the same time as being better than what we have ever been in this league despite spending an absolute fortune by CCC one summer...

being garbage at the same time as being better than what we have ever been in this league despite spending an absolute fortune by CCC one summer...

They weren't better than us. They were boring, aesthetically and artistically bankrupt, one dimensional nobodies.

I would have been gutted if we played like that.

And what has Burley's spending got to do with anything? The thread is about whether Boothroyd getting the sack is a good thing. It's not.

I've always liked 'plucky' Watford. Not so keen on arrogant Watford - I now (fully) understand how fans of other CCC teams who had previously liked Saints in the Prem began to find us irritating when we came down, fully expecting to go back up without a struggle and moaning when it didn't workout.

No one likes a whinger.

No offence meant, TDD :-)

They weren't better than us. They were boring, aesthetically and artistically bankrupt, one dimensional nobodies.

And what has Burley's spending got to do with anything? The thread is about whether Boothroyd getting the sack is a good thing. It's not.

well..i guess we see being better as two different things...i thought he actually got watford promoted against all odds...as for bankrupt, well, im sure we will find out what that is really like before little, crappy boring watford do..

as for playing like they do, we were so bad las year I would have rather let my baby cousin play bath time with ian huntley than watch saints..

this is football (or saints) snobbery at its best....what is next, we will walk this league?

I don't think Watford have been playing a hoof-n-hope game under Boothroyd by choice - but like so many teams/players/fans/managers they panic in this league when things ain't working and resort to classic English route one football. At the (VERY) least saints are trying to stick to their style and improve, rather than panicking and missing out the talent in the middle of the park by hoofing upfront every time.

So many teams do this; it's the natural way of Div2 football. SO, maybe a blessing in disguise then that we have a manager that knows very little about this league?!

Mind you, I quite like the look of Watford's Polish striker. HCDAJFU. ;-)

as for playing like they do, we were so bad las year I would have rather let my baby cousin play bath time with ian huntley than watch saints..

:cool:

this is football (or saints) snobbery at its best....what is next, we will walk this league?

Next season.

You may not know this, however it is now "this" season.

We are also playing attractive, refreshing football, a style that should be applauded and supported (for want of a less pertinant turn of phrase).

You may be more than pleasantly surprised this Saturday.

If it meant Boothroyd's next job was to manage us then yes, but as Watford will soon have the 'new manager effect', and we are stuck with Poortaloo, I dont see us gaining from it at all.

There is no such thing as a 'new manager effect' - as many that improve for a new manager is equalled by at least as many that don't improve.

(they were boring, aesthetically and artistically bankrupt, one dimensional nobodies).i think you sumed up watford and i am glad we are not playing their type of football.

A manager who can take a team from League 1 and get them up to the Premiership in three seasons is not bad in my opinion. His sacking could well be bad news for Watford in the long run. Whether it is good news for us is a different question.. what if Charlton sack Pardew and appoint Boothroyd in his place - in that case it could be bad news for us indeed!

You may not know this, however it is now "this" season.

We are also playing attractive, refreshing football, a style that should be applauded and supported (for want of a less pertinant turn of phrase).

You may be more than pleasantly surprised this Saturday.

lol

more like car crash football that has been the main this season (all bar 2-3 games and a few good 45 mins)

we still have to score at least 3 to win..how many times are we going to do that..?

I agree, he wouldnt do as well imo. He has a better squad at Watford and where are they?

I never meant we should take him on, I meant could it help us as it might unstabilise them and make it harder for them to find form, therefore helping us out by getting worse results than us. The more teams that are worse than us the better it is for us, simple as, not that we still don't have to fight ourselves though.

They are broke and probably could not afford to appoint anyone better than Boothroyd unless they take a risk.

lol

more like car crash football that has been the main this season (all bar 2-3 games and a few good 45 mins)

we still have to score at least 3 to win..how many times are we going to do that..?

have we scored 3 goals or more every time we have won this season then DD?

A manager who can take a team from League 1 and get them up to the Premiership in three seasons is not bad in my opinion. His sacking could well be bad news for Watford in the long run. Whether it is good news for us is a different question.. what if Charlton sack Pardew and appoint Boothroyd in his place - in that case it could be bad news for us indeed!
Pardew has a better record as a manager and if charlton appoint the ex watford manager,good luck to them.

absolute dissaster if you ask me. With him at the helm they were going down fast. Now they have a chance to turn thngs around.

As for him coming to us, there is absolutely no chance whatsoever. Even Lowe is not stupid enough to employ a manager who prefers the ****kicker approach when the squad is full of `players' (Wotton apart).

Two full seasons in the Championship both finished with playoff positions - in which they were promoted once. Granted crap in the Premiership but consistant at this level.

I think it is unfair to call them a long ball team, they play direct football into a physically strong and quick forward (although not sure why he picked Rasiak for that job!!!!)

Boothroyd is just another clueless English failed manager. Why on earth would we want him here, so that we can play the Watford way? For Saints? I don't think so!

They used to call it kick and rush, these days the very posh people at the FA aremore polite and call it 'direct' football.., to you and me that's up and under.

i just love the way he is written off so quickly after achieving the near impossibly with watford and has run his course with his current club..

i remember the same being said about mick mccarthy and tony pulis..

i also remember the laughter on here when phil brown was available..

LOL

i just love the way he is written off so quickly after achieving the near impossibly with watford and has run his course with his current club..

i remember the same being said about mick mccarthy and tony pulis..

i also remember the laughter on here when phil brown was available..

LOL

Oh yes because TDD knows all. Stop being so pompous.

Oh yes because TDD knows all. Stop being so pompous.

i am not claiming I know it all..just pointing out that most saints fans (given recent history) have no clue really apart from what they see in their rose tinted, lowe hating goggles

Edited by Thedelldays

One trick manager. Got promoted by hoofing it and was totally clueless in the Prem and totally cluless last year when teams (not us) sussed them out. Lost a few players, didn't adapt at all. Will be the next Iain Dowie - semi decent reputation based on one promotion but when you scratch beneath the surface, very very average.

One trick manager. Got promoted by hoofing it and was totally clueless in the Prem and totally cluless last year when teams (not us) sussed them out. Lost a few players, didn't adapt at all. Will be the next Iain Dowie - semi decent reputation based on one promotion but when you scratch beneath the surface, very very average.

Disagree. The current Watford side is not the team Boothroyd would like. He's had players sold from beneath him and has lost the physicality, presence and pace that he prefers. The Watford team is poor, which is partly down to bad signings, but also down to an awful board. I personally think he's a very competent manager, especially at this level and I quite like him. Can't see Watford getting anyone better, although if they look towards Paul Tisdale or Gus Poyet, they may go some way to that.