Home Wins - Need Support

LaptopSaint

Looking at the table this morning only Wolves have won more away games than us. Our away form is play-off form.

But at home... nerves set in, fans get restless and our form is the worst in the league alongside Forest and Donny.

I know some of the stuff served up at SMS this season has been pretty unpalatable. But there was also that early season promise... the Carling win over Brum... we know they can do it, they just need to be consistent.

Big shout for the lads on Saturday. Every little helps. There are going to be setbacks and **** performances through the season. This team is still learning. But one win at SMS and I reckon we could go on a mini-run.

COYR

If our away form is so good surely the logical thing is for less fans to attend. Only 350 brave soles went to Preston and cheered the boys on to a win. The burden of expectation is obviously too much for the team in front of a mega crowd of 15000.

The logic is less fans - more wins:rolleyes:

Looking at the table this morning only Wolves have won more away games than us. Our away form is play-off form.

But at home... nerves set in, fans get restless and our form is the worst in the league alongside Forest and Donny.

I know some of the stuff served up at SMS this season has been pretty unpalatable. But there was also that early season promise... the Carling win over Brum... we know they can do it, they just need to be consistent.

Big shout for the lads on Saturday. Every little helps. There are going to be setbacks and **** performances through the season. This team is still learning. But one win at SMS and I reckon we could go on a mini-run.

COYR

You're right a consistent level of performance is key (as long as that's consistently good that is) and to be fair we have seen a few good performances at SMS this season . The problem is they haven't been able to maintain any decent standard , that goes for both team and individual players .

DMG's form is all over the place to be honest and impressive early displays for both Robertson and Peckhart have not been repeated .

So beware optimism when it comes to SFC this season , the last time I felt that sense was just before Blackpool FC came to SMS and we went straight back to square one again . It goes without saying I'd be delighted to be proved wrong of course .

The main problem is that our head Coach ha snot yet found a way or understood how to play against teams at SMS. Teams come to SMS for league games with a different game plan, i.e. crowd the midfield and hit us on the break, just like we do when we go away. Our home tactics are bereft of ideas, and we play the same way, to a greater extent, as how we play away. This makes it much easier for away teams to outscore us.

However much we wish for more supporters to come and support the lads at home it won't happen until we start winning consistently at home, and that won't happen until we change our home game tactics.