Leeds away

sticksaint

Very much doubt we will see the tickets on sale for saturday. Especially seeing as they havent even announced them yet. No quantities or prices yet.

Definitely grabbing myself a ticket as soon as they available though. Not missed a game so far this season and dont plan on missing any if i can help it.

Even fell out with a friend cos he booked his wedding for the last game of the season :D Bloody muppet!

Very much doubt we will see the tickets on sale for saturday. Especially seeing as they havent even announced them yet. No quantities or prices yet.

Definitely grabbing myself a ticket as soon as they available though. Not missed a game so far this season and dont plan on missing any if i can help it.

Even fell out with a friend cos he booked his wedding for the last game of the season :D Bloody muppet!

They should be on sale, as it's only two weeks away. I dare say they will go on sale Monday or Tuesday of next week, just so us out of towners have to call up and pay our £3 booking fee. We won't come remotely close to selling out, you'll be able to have a whole row of seats to yourself.

Do I know you?? My son is getting married on the very same day!

I'm going.....apparently I'm now hardcore. Arrrghhh.

PS. any tips of pubs with accomodation in (Leeds) town or good hotel/B&B? Travelling by train.

I am staying at the Queen's Hotel outside the station. It's a tad pricey but I'm treating myself and it's a beautiful late art-deco/neo-classical building which I have had on my list to visit since our last game in Leeds in 2009. After that match I stayed in the (much cheaper) 1920s Discovery/Comfort Inn, again near the station and comfortable if a little 'tired'. Had a great 'full-English' breakfast in a small cafe opposite the following day, and took in a visit to the Royal Armoury Museum before leaving.

I use this website - you'll find all-sorts there and it's very easy to book online.

http://www.footballhotels.co.uk/

Edited by RonManager

I am staying at the Queen's Hotel outside the station. It's a tad pricey but I'm treating myself and it's a beautiful late art-deco building which I have had on my list to visit since our last game in Leeds in 2009. After that match I stayed in the (much cheaper) 1920s Discovery Inn, again near the station and comfortable if a little 'tired'. Had a great 'full-English' breakfast in a small cafe opposite the following day, and took in a visit to the Royal Armoury Museum before leaving.

I use this website - you'll find all-sorts there and it's very easy to book online.

http://www.footballhotels.co.uk/

Is the Royal Armoury museum worth a visit?

Is the Royal Armoury museum worth a visit?

Yes. I don't like museums that overstuff their exhibits, and they don't, you won't be in there for ages. The layout is in the style of evolution of armaments through the ages, ending up with modern riot police gear etc. My abiding memory was the beautifully made 1st WW field artillery. Beautiful, but deadly.

Yes. I don't like museums that overstuff their exhibits, and they don't, you won't be in there for ages. The layout is in the style of evolution of armaments through the ages, ending up with modern riot police gear etc. My abiding memory was the beautifully made 1st WW field artillery. Beautiful, but deadly.
Cheers. Up in Leeds early morning, so will give it a go, keeps me out of the pub for a bit.

To be honest I don't envy fans going to this one, sounds like worst away end in the country http://www.southyorkshiretimes.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers/why_do_leeds_treat_away_supporters_like_trash_1_4281168
Leeds has always been like that. Would make it even better to get in, get a good win and get the f**k out of there. Determined not to spend any money once in the ground.

Interesting you say this.

I run a supporters group North of London. We have taken up to 20 fans to Northern away games, this season.

However one of our group heard about the Leeds ticket price and with it being on TV, suggested our group boycott the game and meet up in Hertfordshire, watch the game in a pub, and have a curry afterwards.

...and the response so far has been unanimous!!!

So we have agreed to boycott Leeds away and spend the cash on beer and curry instead, locally.

My understanding is that Saints don't lose out on the away ticket sales, just Leeds. is that right?

Well we have 1 member going to Leeds. Around 20+ regular travelers are boycotting the trip and meeting up in a local pub... Thats nearly £1,000 Bates will miss out on.

also saw this on another forum.

They are struggling to sell the targeted 30,000

28akyo1.png

Well we have 1 member going to Leeds. Around 20+ regular travelers are boycotting the trip and meeting up in a local pub... Thats nearly £1,000 Bates will miss out on.

also saw this on another forum.

They are struggling to sell the targeted 30,000

28akyo1.png

They should be pleased with 20k! Their crowds don't get anywhere near 30k these days and certainly won't for a price category "A" game live on tv.

How come?

I can't find the article now but they changed their policy earlier this season so you couldn't buy tickets on general sale in that stand - obviously season ticket holders are already there, but any other tickets are only available to members, I think. Something along those lines anyway, but the consensus among a few Leeds fans I spoke to at the time was that it would basically ensure they'd rarely sell that end out and that the motivation behind it was so the club could identify people who were singing songs against Bates.

The fact that every member of the supporters' trust board has had their account on the club's database frozen today probably backs that up: http://lufctrust.squarespace.com/blog/2012/3/2/lust-board-members-ticket-purchasing-accounts-blocked-by-lee.html

I can't find the article now but they changed their policy earlier this season so you couldn't buy tickets on general sale in that stand - obviously season ticket holders are already there, but any other tickets are only available to members, I think. Something along those lines anyway, but the consensus among a few Leeds fans I spoke to at the time was that it would basically ensure they'd rarely sell that end out and that the motivation behind it was so the club could identify people who were singing songs against Bates.

The fact that every member of the supporters' trust board has had their account on the club's database frozen today probably backs that up: http://lufctrust.squarespace.com/blog/2012/3/2/lust-board-members-ticket-purchasing-accounts-blocked-by-lee.html

Ludicrous.

So we're actually playing in North Korea tomorrow, not Leeds?

that is pretty shocking, hope they get the support of the FSF and Leeds are made to back down, it is the sort of thing that could happen here, remember the club refused Illingsworth a season ticket for disagreeing with them and voicing his opinion, classic case of big egos at football clubs acting in a petty and childish manner.

Haven't got much time for Leeds fans from my experience of them over the years, but i wish them well in their battle with Bates, very pleased i am not spending £36 of my hard earned on it this weekend.