P'Boro 1 V 3 Saints Post Match Chat!!

SOTONS EAST SIDE

Alpine I came back from Vienna just to be at the game last night. My Sixth away game this season and all of them wins!

I just had to be there.

Simply buzzing today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wonder if I travelled the furthest to be at the game?

Nice one, glad you enjoyed it. :)

I'll freely admit I was as down as any other Saints fan after last Friday's defeat, if I'm honest the (probable) loss of the title to Reading still irks me more than it probably should logically. But I'd like to put on the record now just how impressed I am by the teams reaction last night. I called for a display of real fighting spirit from them and they delivered exactly that - and more! The table proves we're right on the verge of automatic promotion, and I wouldn't give West Ham a cats chance of catching us now in all honesty.

Although the importance of 'Don' Cortese and the Liebherr money can hardly be overstated, Nigel Adkins surely deserves the Lions share of the credit for what we have achieved this season. He must have had a job on his hands keeping the players focused all season and negating any sense of loss after the Reading game, but we came out against the Posh and outplayed them as if it was just another ordinary game with nothing crucial at stake - what a absolutely superb collective effort from each and every one of them.

I can't wait for the Coventry game - where rest assured no one unfortunate enough to sit anywhere near me in block 19 will be left in any doubt of just how extremely delighted I am with this smashing team and its manager.

I'll freely admit I was as down as any other Saints fan after last Friday's defeat, if I'm honest the (probable) loss of the title to Reading still irks me more than it probably should logically. But I'd like to put on the record now just how impressed I am by the teams reaction last night. I called for a display of real fighting spirit from them and they delivered exactly that - and more! The table proves we're right on the verge of automatic promotion, and I wouldn't give West Ham a cats chance of catching us now in all honesty.

Although the importance of 'Don' Cortese and the Liebherr money can hardly be overstated, Nigel Adkins surely deserves the Lions share of the credit for what we have achieved this season. He must have had a job on his hands keeping the players focused all season and negating any sense of loss after the Reading game, but we came out against the Posh and outplayed them as if it was just another ordinary game with nothing crucial at stake - what a absolutely superb collective effort from each and every one of them.

I can't wait for the Coventry game - where rest assured no one unfortunate enough to sit anywhere near me in block 19 will be left in any doubt of just how extremely delighted I am with this smashing team and its manager.

Agreed about NA. I watched the warm-up and was so impressed that the team were smiling (even through the hail). No apparent tension, just calmly and professionally preparing. And NA himself was (al least outwardly) relaxed, even coming up into the stand and talking with fans. Everyone completely focussed.

He impresses more and more, and if we go up, his man-management and intelligent approach to each game will have been vital. I'd put him right at the top of managers in The Championship (with McDermott 2nd). Compare and contrast with ranting BFS.

I thought we were excellent and bloody unlucky on Friday and I'm sure the players didn't need much lifting.

And I also don't accept the title is over.

Let's see how Reading fare if we're three points behind at 12:30 on Saturday 28th April!...