Today's support

Sour Mash

talking of clobber...just got the snooker on..why do people insist on going to other sporting events wearing their football top...?

It's normally done by fans of small teams, desperate to show the world that their nothing club does actually have some fans.

That's why most club shirts you see when following England away are normally small, tinpot Yorkshire teams.

That said, I once wore a Saints polo shirt at the Ashes test in Sydney. So, sorry, I made us appear tinpot.

Edited by This Charming Man

I'd just prefer people to dress normally. Would you go to work dressed as Superman? Would you go and do the shopping dressed as Batman? Would you go pick the kids up from school dressed as Osama Bin Laden?

I'm going to presume that you're not a complete mentalist and that your answer to those questions is no. So therefore, aren't you slightly bemused as to why someone would want to do that when attending a football match?

Not really, though I do laugh to myself at others sometimes (for a variety of reasons) but then I do that when I go shopping as well.

Personally I don't think you'll be able to change what others wear, and for me, I wouldn't expect to be able to, so I would not get so concerned about it .....

Its 2012, the fashion is s**t, the music is s**t and the drugs are s**t. Why expect any more from the football? Other than live in a desperate time-warp, each to their own.

The bigger point is that the last few years have been great in terms of the support we've taken to the midlands and up north.

You open the windows, you'll always let a few flies in...