Today's support

Sour Mash

No I would not' date=' not my thing, but each to is own, and I dont have such a problem with a fragile ego that its challenged because some other thick as sh!t morons at other clubs, might be laughing at Saints fans who dress up and have a laugh in their own way.... you guys who feel so 'challenged' by what others wear, obviously suffer from 'small ****' syndrome - pathetic[/quote']

And having a tantrum on a message board isn't pathetic?

And having a tantrum on a message board isn't pathetic?

Perhaps, but frankly its less pathetic than you constant baiting, advertising your ignorance, stupidity and immaturity. You need to look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself a serious question '' Do I, Dune always want to be such a stupid ***t?'' sadly, I think you do.

1z70arn.jpg

imjxxf.jpg

Fair play too those that done the 18 hours round trip on the Bingo buses......All this rubish about poor support and fancy dress by so called fans who hide behind their keyboard...COYR

That's my artwork on the coach. Haha!

Quality day! Alot of ours were in Hawaii-50 dress for a mates 30th birthday. I can assure all you miserable c*nts we had a great laugh from 7:30am til 2am. Some of you's really need to lighten up.

Perhaps' date=' but frankly its less pathetic than you constant baiting, advertising your ignorance, stupidity and immaturity. You need to look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself a serious question '' Do I, Dune always want to be such a stupid ***t?'' sadly, I think you do.

You need to calm down Frank, what has happened to the Frank we know and love?

I'm sorry but our support was nothing short of embarrassing up there. We were poor numbers wise - not being able to sell out for a game of that magnitude is quite frankly pathetic, we didn't make too much noise and most importantly of all - about 60% of our support were dressed like complete and utter c*nts. Grown men in wigs and face paints... utter, utter weirdos.

All I've seen on Facebook and the like this weekend is the picture that Sotonjoe aka 'Too Much Hassle' posted further up, uploaded by various people, who support various clubs mocking us. When fans of teams like Reading are taking the p1ss, you know there is something wrong with your support.

Anyway, you lot carry on living in dreamland and carry on thinking we're the best fans in the world. Deluded...

Back home now.

I see we have some miserable party poopers on here. If folk want to where fancy dress to the lst game of the season or what ever good on them>

Perhaps the thought police on here do not want us to display our club colours or flags. maybe you find that so not football . Maybe you should have a go at the vendors who sell red and white jester hats.

Since who are you mongs to dictate what people where to fottball games? this is not a police state yet. Dune you do not have the right to have ago at others with you uber right wing views.

Anyway Rant over. a Good sea crossing back from aberdeen lastnight (more like a cruise for a change. I have another marathon trip home next week as I hve now got tickets for the coventry game. I might just where my red and white wig for the game and where my saints scarve and shirt if i get permission from the thought police on here .

Here are some quotes from the England Forum regarding our support on Saturday.

From a Leeds fan; "

in the away end, the biggest collection of Jesters hats, false afros (!), clown outfits and face paint ive seen outside of an International tournament, im guessing the amount of police near them filming was purely for their own entertainment......

didnt see any foam hands though......"

From a Bournemouth fan; "The clown crying near the end though was hilarious! Never understood why people wear that *** to a football match?"

From a Forest fan; "Agree with Sam and Stevie. We had dozens of middle-aged blokes in fancy dress in the away end at Hull too yesterday. Pathetic really........I just don't get it!"

From a Saints fan; "A good 95% of our fan base are embarrassing and it was unfortunately no different yesterday."

So there you have it people, it's not big, it's not clever and you only serve to make yourself and the rest of us a laughing stock. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

From a Leeds fan; "

in the away end, the biggest collection of Jesters hats, false afros (!), clown outfits and face paint ive seen outside of an International tournament, im guessing the amount of police near them filming was purely for their own entertainment......

didnt see any foam hands though......"[/LEFT]

From a Bournemouth fan; "The clown crying near the end though was hilarious! Never understood why people wear that *** to a football match?"

From a Forest fan; "Agree with Sam and Stevie. We had dozens of middle-aged blokes in fancy dress in the away end at Hull too yesterday. Pathetic really........I just don't get it!"

From a Saints fan; "A good 95% of our fan base are embarrassing and it was unfortunately no different yesterday."

So there you have it people, it's not big, it's not clever and you only serve to make yourself and the rest of us a laughing stock. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

i saw some foams hands. I also saw some at Peterborough.

I assume people who thought our support was crap didn't go to the game? because I thought our support was fantastic, thought our loud start pushed the lads up to score our first so early. Im sure I remember someone not long back posting saying how saints dont turn up first 10 mins of away matches. The boro fans were awful until about 10 minuets before the end and then had the nerve to give us abuse as we were walking away from the ground. As for people moaning about people dressing up who cares? people have made the effort to go up there and support the lads, if they want to have a bit of fun and dress up go for it. COYR.

I assume people who thought our support was crap didn't go to the game? because I thought our support was fantastic, thought our loud start pushed the lads up to score our first so early. Im sure I remember someone not long back posting saying how saints dont turn up first 10 mins of away matches. The boro fans were awful until about 10 minuets before the end and then had the nerve to give us abuse as we were walking away from the ground. As for people moaning about people dressing up who cares? people have made the effort to go up there and support the lads, if they want to have a bit of fun and dress up go for it. COYR.

I was there and our support was embarrassing and cringe-worthy. Shame it was on Sky so was visible to the whole nation.

what were you embarassed about? people being dressed up? ok people may be counting their chickens a bit (the thread about if we should have a ****ing open top bus around the city when we go up) and some of the chants may have been bit arrogant but we were right behind the team, thought the suport was loud and created a really good atmosphere. To say our support was "embarassing" is very harsh indeed.

Charming man why did you thing our support was embarrassing and cringe worthy ? Were you sat in another part of the ground, as I thought we were all very vocal on saturday. There is no pleasing some saints fans.

I note you have not said anything about the ghostly like atmosphere coming from the boro fans.

Chillout charming man . lots of us go to games to support out team and have fun. I did despite losing.

Im sorry I wore my yellow away shirt. I had not realised that and my singing ofended you. and Im no spring chicken either.

Charming man why did you thing our support was embarrassing and cringe worthy ? Were you sat in another part of the ground, as I thought we were all very vocal on saturday. There is no pleasing some saints fans.

I note you have not said anything about the ghostly like atmosphere coming from the boro fans.

Chillout charming man . lots of us go to games to support out team and have fun. I did despite losing.

Im sorry I wore my yellow away shirt. I had not realised that and my singing ofended you. and Im no spring chicken either.

I haven't mentioned anything about Boro's support as it would be a tad hypocritical of me after the high percentage of mongs in our end, though if you must know, I thought the 20 high pitched, squealing 'ultras' they had next to us were also embarrassing.

what were you embarassed about? people being dressed up? ok people may be counting their chickens a bit (the thread about if we should have a ****ing open top bus around the city when we go up) and some of the chants may have been bit arrogant but we were right behind the team, thought the suport was loud and created a really good atmosphere. To say our support was "embarassing" is very harsh indeed.

Errr... YES! I thought I made that quite clear in my previous posts?

I don't mind arrogant chants, as long as you have something to be arrogant about. Man Utd fans (proper Manc's that actually follow them that is) arrogance cracks me up. People get so wound up about it, normally because they're bitter and jealous of their success. Though grown men, dressed as clowns singing about being promoted when you're not is embarrassing and only serves to set us up for potentially a very humiliating fall. Give it large once we're promoted by all means, but wait until it's confirmed (hopefully).

Errr... YES! I thought I made that quite clear in my previous posts?

I don't mind arrogant chants, as long as you have something to be arrogant about. Man Utd fans (proper Manc's that actually follow them that is) arrogance cracks me up. People get so wound up about it, normally because they're bitter and jealous of their success. Though grown men, dressed as clowns singing about being promoted when you're not is embarrassing and only serves to set us up for potentially a very humiliating fall. Give it large once we're promoted by all means, but wait until it's confirmed (hopefully).

The "Barcelona we're coming for you" chant which started briefly was utterly cringeworthy, thank god it didn't catch on.

To be fair, if they were wearing a jester hat or a wig, then that's up to them. They still forked out **** loads to do a 600 mile round trip, whatever they wore they still showed up in decent numbers to be fair. Maybe not as many as we could have, but it was still a decent turn out in my books.

I'm sorry but our support was nothing short of embarrassing up there. We were poor numbers wise - not being able to sell out for a game of that magnitude is quite frankly pathetic, we didn't make too much noise and most importantly of all - about 60% of our support were dressed like complete and utter c*nts. Grown men in wigs and face paints... utter, utter weirdos.

All I've seen on Facebook and the like this weekend is the picture that Sotonjoe aka 'Too Much Hassle' posted further up, uploaded by various people, who support various clubs mocking us. When fans of teams like Reading are taking the p1ss, you know there is something wrong with your support.

Anyway, you lot carry on living in dreamland and carry on thinking we're the best fans in the world. Deluded...

You just don't get it do you? The vast majority of Southampton fans do not give a ***** how we, as supporters, are viewed by others. We don't have this weird complex like you, Turkish and Griffo do where all you care about is that we aren't seen as a 'laughing stock'. I personally think it's embarrassing that you care what a Bournemouth fan thinks. A club that could never dream of taking the sort of numbers we have taken this season to away games. I've never met a single saints fan that believes us to be a massive club or have the 'best fans in the world', we're just normal football fans doing our best to support our team.

I was at Boro, not in fancy dress as it's not really my sort of thing, but we had the best part of 3k fans travelling to the other end of the country cheering the saints on. That is all that matters.

Grow up and start worrying about things that are slightly more important in life as opposed to getting 'embarrassed' when someone wears a wig to a football match for god's sake.

I find it funny as feck that grown men feel the need to get so worked up about what a few others think about fans attending football wearing whatever they please.... can not honestly believe why such triavial things seem to be important to some - there really are more important things to worry about and you seem to have your priorities all mixed up...

You just don't get it do you? The vast majority of Southampton fans do not give a ***** how we, as supporters, are viewed by others. We don't have this weird complex like you, Turkish and Griffo do where all you care about is that we aren't seen as a 'laughing stock'. I personally think it's embarrassing that you care what a Bournemouth fan thinks. A club that could never dream of taking the sort of numbers we have taken this season to away games. I've never met a single saints fan that believes us to be a massive club or have the 'best fans in the world', we're just normal football fans doing our best to support our team.

I was at Boro, not in fancy dress as it's not really my sort of thing, but we had the best part of 3k fans travelling to the other end of the country cheering the saints on. That is all that matters.

Grow up and start worrying about things that are slightly more important in life as opposed to getting 'embarrassed' when someone wears a wig to a football match for god's sake.

Bournemouth took just under 3,000 to Carlisle when they needed a win to stay up. We took the same to Boro which is closer. They average around 6,000 at home, we average around 26,000.

Now grow up and start worrying about things that are slightly more important in life as opposed to whether I'm 'embarrassed' when someone wears a wig to a football match for god's sake.

From a Leeds fan; "

didnt see any foam hands though......"

I don't know where all these freaks have suddenly appeared from. And I certainly cannot understand their motivation for wanting to embarrass themselves and the club.

The "Barcelona we're coming for you" chant which started briefly was utterly cringeworthy, thank god it didn't catch on.

totaly unreal some even thought about starting this,more embarressing than all the jester hats and clowns and face painted forty year olds

anyway,im voting me,stevieb and griffo as the best fans as we didnt get back till half three this morning.luckily griffo had changed from his clown outfit when we hit darlington for a final drink or two.east coast trains,what a f'ing joke.

I find it funny as feck that grown men feel the need to get so worked up about what a few others think about fans attending football wearing whatever they please.... can not honestly believe why such triavial things seem to be important to some - there really are more important things to worry about and you seem to have your priorities all mixed up...

Why are you getting so worked up about grown men, getting worked up over grown men wearing fancy dress? Thanks for your concern but I'll decide what I get worked up about and I'll work out the priorities in my life.

Thankfully I have a relatively stress free life. I don't mind my job, I have no financial concerns and I have a busy social life. This enables me to get worked up over things like this. I'd say it's a good thing that the main concern I have in life is mongs at the football.

Why are you getting so worked up about grown men, getting worked up over grown men wearing fancy dress? Thanks for your concern but I'll decide what I get worked up about and I'll work out the priorities in my life.

Thankfully I have a relatively stress free life. I don't mind my job, I have no financial concerns and I have a busy social life. This enables me to get worked up over things like this. I'd say it's a good thing that the main concern I have in life is mongs at the football.

Good for you, you are indeed lucky to have such a charming and stress free existence - which begs the question, why you even need to feel that what someone else thinks of the club is of any value... seriously cant you see how sad it is?

Good for you' date=' you are indeed lucky to have such a charming and stress free existence - which begs the question, why you even need to feel that what someone else thinks of the club is of any value... [b']seriously cant you see how sad it is?[/b]

No.

I take pride in our club. I guess I'm a superficial person that want's us to be portrayed in a good light to the general public. So yes, people laughing at us and mocking us, whether it's related to on the pitch or off the pitch incidents does bother me.

No.

I take pride in our club. I guess I'm a superficial person that want's us to be portrayed in a good light to the general public. So yes, people laughing at us and mocking us, whether it's related to on the pitch or off the pitch incidents does bother me.

Pride in your club is good... afterall there is alot to be proud of, the way its run, the points, the last 3 seasons, the management and committment shown, the way we play, highest goals scored etc... 3 players in the FL team of the season... I could go on...... and 95% of football fans actually think that the shift away from the 70s, 80s terrace 'culture' is a good thing because its opened up the opportunity again for everyone who loves their club to feel comfortable going to games and supporting their side as they see fit, as it was for the first 70 years of the clubs existence --- yet you seem preoccupied with what a tiny fraction of equally time warp stuck ignorant arses think than what 95% of the footballing supporting public think...

If you really are that concerned about what folk think of saints, why not ask the 95% who will say only positive things about the way we are run, our fans and the way we play, rather than a few narrow minded scroats on an internet message board.... or open up 'In That number' and read the intro and the quote about our fans from Henry Winter in his Cup final match report - might give you some much needed perspective on this.

Blimey.

3 days after a midweek trip to posh, 3000 people spend around 12 hours travelling and spending another small fortune to watch us play a game (also live on telly), after having forked out for Cov and all the other games.

FWIW I thought that was a great turn out, and fair play to all those who went.

And if you went and wore a clown outfit, broke down in tears, spent the game with your head in your hands, tied a satin scarf round your wrist, or sat down and didn't sing , then that is your choice.

However you enjoyed the game you deserve better treatment than that dished out by some of our own fans on here. You also deserve better treatment than some that he club gives you on occasions.

And who, really, gives a stuff what other clubs (presumably perfect) fans think ?

To appease the knockers of certain forum posters, anybody got a flat cap a wooden rattle and hobnail boots I can borrow for saturdays game? lets get back to the true way of supporting the team. No team colours to be worn apart from the rossette Im making

Im looking forward to the halftime bovril at SMS on Saturday

Pride in your club is good... afterall there is alot to be proud of' date=' the way its run, the points, the last 3 seasons, the management and committment shown, the way we play, highest goals scored etc... 3 players in the FL team of the season... I could go on...... and 95% of football fans actually think that the shift away from the 70s, 80s terrace 'culture' is a good thing because its opened up the opportunity again for everyone who loves their club to feel comfortable going to games and supporting their side as they see fit, as it was for the [b']first 70 years[/b] of the clubs existence --- yet you seem preoccupied with what a tiny fraction of equally time warp stuck ignorant arses think than what 95% of the footballing supporting public think...

If you really are that concerned about what folk think of saints, why not ask the 95% who will say only positive things about the way we are run, our fans and the way we play, rather than a few narrow minded scroats on an internet message board.... or open up 'In That number' and read the intro and the quote about our fans from Henry Winter in his Cup final match report - might give you some much needed perspective on this.

Is there anything wrong with having an interest in football culture? After all, as they say 'It's more than just a game'. There's a reason football crowds are so superior to any other sport around the world and that's because it goes beyond the 90mins on the pitch. There's the fashion, the music, the drugs - a culture and a way of life that has inspired numerous films and books. For some, football these days is just about the 90mins and a pleasant day out, unfortunately that's the way football is going and that's the type of modern football fan that clubs are trying to attract.

Is there anything wrong with having an interest in football culture? After all, as they say 'It's more than just a game'. There's a reason football crowds are so superior to any other sport around the world and that's because it goes beyond the 90mins on the pitch. There's the fashion, the music, the drugs - a culture and a way of life that has inspired numerous films and books. For some, football these days is just about the 90mins and a pleasant day out, unfortunately that's the way football is going and that's the type of modern football fan that clubs are trying to attract.

Cultures evolve naturally - you cant cling on to them - same as the rattle rosette days gave way to the youth/hoolis in 70s and 80s, to the 'propa' fans of the late 80s/early 90s - which alienated alot of fans/families who wanted to go.... all seater stadia and the industry recognising that seeing fans die live on telly was not a way that was going to help the game develop, decided enogh was enough and drove a shift in culture to ensure matches became accessable to all... now that may be disenfranchising those who grew up on the 80s terrace, but you know what, given the events that prompted the shift, I believe its a price worth paying.

You might not like fans dressing up and creating a 'friendly' environment, but that is what the majoity want, the clubs want and the TV want - putting the emphasis back on what i happening ON the pitch not off it. You are obviously not stupid, as your elequent and passionate defence of the football clud cluture suggests, but you and the others surely must see that everything evolves and what is so wrong with creating an environment that embraces all fans rather than just those who are still emotionally attched to the terraces? Afterall, thats what the majority now want.

Cultures evolve naturally - you cant cling on to them - same as the rattle rosette days gave way to the youth/hoolis in 70s and 80s, to the 'propa' fans of the late 80s/early 90s - which alienated alot of fans/families who wanted to go.... all seater stadia and the industry recognising that seeing fans die live on telly was not a way that was going to help the game develop, decided enogh was enough and drove a shift in culture to ensure matches became accessable to all... now that may be disenfranchising those who grew up on the 80s terrace, but you know what, given the events that prompted the shift, I believe its a price worth paying.

You might not like fans dressing up and creating a 'friendly' environment, but that is what the majoity want, the clubs want and the TV want - putting the emphasis back on what i happening ON the pitch not off it. You are obviously not stupid, as your elequent and passionate defence of the football clud cluture suggests, but you and the others surely must see that everything evolves and what is so wrong with creating an environment that embraces all fans rather than just those who are still emotionally attched to the terraces? Afterall, thats what the majority now want.

No one is suggesting people are clinging onto anything. Just asking the question why do middle aged blokes feel the need to dress up like a helmet. As of yet no one has given any reason why its this great laugh people keep claiming it is.

No one is suggesting people are clinging onto anything. Just asking the question why do middle aged blokes feel the need to dress up like a helmet. As of yet no one has given any reason why its this great laugh people keep claiming it is.

Because teh only folk that know what pleasure it gives them are the ones who dress up FFS - and thats NOT the point really, its more to do why why some folk cant live and let live and let them do as tehy please without feeling 'embarrased, because they worry about waht a few internet quotes from a minority think of saints... you know it, but chose to ignore it.

Is it though? Take Peterborough the other night for example, the seats remained unsold whilst the terrace was packed. More people chose to stand, rather than sit in an all seated stand.

I wouldn't say it's what the majority want, it's merely what's been forced upon us. What blocks sell out at SMS before any others - Blocks 40-42, the blocks that stand. Look at The Kop, The Stretford End, Holte Stand, Gwladys St End etc - everyone still stands.

Atmosphere at football is becoming sterile. Take Wembley for an example, a massive, imposing 90,000 seater stadium and it's devoid of any soul. It literally sucks the life out of any atmosphere. Many clubs are adopting the European ultra culture in an effort to try and bring some atmosphere back to their grounds - personally I don't like this, whilst I have an interest and go and watch European football, we have our own football culture here that we should look to re-embrace. I've been fortunate enough to experience some stunning atmosphere's around Europe and there wasn't one jester hat or wig to be seen. Just a load of like minded people making a hell of a racket without looking like an idiot.

Time for clubs to offer diffent areas of seating for fans

area 1 - the "I'm well 'ard" seating area - for those who are more worried about what the opposition fans think of them than anything else, no colours to be worn and a list of exceptable songs are handed out before the kick off. Standing is required at all times as is looking 'ard.

area 2 - the "I'm barmy me" seating area - Minimum dress code of jester hat and face paint however more outrageous costumes are encouraged. Singing songs is required ideally the more off the wall and silly the better.

area 3 - the "I've just turnned up to watch a game of football" seating area - club shirt is encouraged but not compulsary. Singing is actively discouraged as concentration on the football is required, however polite clapping and the occasional "come on" are allowed. Sitting down is a requirment. Blankets and thermos flasks are encouraged.

area 4 - The "JCL seating area" - wear what you like, sit down or stand up as the fancy takes you. The main requirment in this area is to shout alot. Shouting things like " get it up field you c unt" or "Whose the black bloke with the ball" are encouraged. You may sing but only if you don't know the words to a song (which you won't as a plastic). Ideally you should spend time on your I-phone looking at PL results and shouting them out for all to hear. Finally please make sure you leave the area at least 10 miniutes before the final whistle.

area 5 - The "I'm just here for the beer and food" seating area - Requirments include getting into your seat late as you got one last beer in before kick off. Leaving your seat on 35 miniutes to join the beer queue returning to your seat on 55 miniutes before leaving again at 75 miniutes to be first in the pub. While breifly watching the match you should be loud unpleasent, especially if small children are present, and ideally try to start a fight in between taking several breaks for a ****.

There that should cover it

Edited by doddisalegend

Because teh only folk that know what pleasure it gives them are the ones who dress up FFS - and thats NOT the point really' date=' its more to do why why some folk cant live and let live and let them do as tehy please without feeling 'embarrased, because they worry about waht a few internet quotes from a minority think of saints... you know it, but chose to ignore it.[/quote']

Listen fella, i work in Reading and am surounded by Reading (and someone else) fans at the moment. When Reading fans are texting me about our embarassing support dressed up like divs then you know it's serious.

Time for clubs to offer diffent areas of seating for fans

area 1 - the "I'm well 'ard" seating area - for those who are more worried about what the opposition fans think of them than anything else, no colours to be worn and a list of exceptable songs are handed it before the kick off. Standing is required at all times as is looking 'ard.

area 2 - the "I'm barmy me" seating area - Minimum dress code of jester hat and face paint however more outrageous costumes are encouraged. Singing songs is required ideally the more off the wall and silly the better.

area 3 - the "I've just turnned up to watch a game of football" seating area - club shirt is encouraged but not compulsary. Singing is actively discouraged as concentration on the football is required, however polite clapping and the occasional "come on" are allowed. Sitting down is a requirment. Blankets and thermos flasks are encouraged.

area 4 - The "JCL seating area" - wear what you like, sit down or stand up as the fancy takes you. The main requirment in this area is to shout alot. Shouting things like " get it up field you c unt" or "Whose the black bloke with the ball" are encouraged. You may sing but only if you don't know the words to a song (which you won't as a plastic). Ideally you should spend time on your I-phone looking at PL results and shouting them out for all to hear. Finally please make sure you leave the area at least 10 miniutes before the final whistle.

area 5 - The "I'm just here for the beer and food" seating area - Requirments include getting into your seat late as you got one last beer in before kick off. Leaving your seat on 35 miniutes to join the beer queue returning to your seat on 55 miniutes before leaving again at 75 miniutes to be first in the pub. While breifly watching the match you should be loud unpleasent, especially if small children are present, and ideally try to start a fight in between taking several breaks for a ****.

There that should cover it

V Good - see 'culture' for all.

Is it though? Take Peterborough the other night for example, the seats remained unsold whilst the terrace was packed. More people chose to stand, rather than sit in an all seated stand.

The way the tickets were sold dictated the spread.

You have to be a bit more balanced as we are talking about away following and there are at least equal STs if not more in the other 3 SMS stands. Sure I am in favour of what they are doing at clubs like Dortmund etc and others in Germany and elsewhere where one end is usually standing now for thsoe that want their football in that 'tradition' and I having nothing against that - same as I have nothing against those that want to sit politely and clap or dress in strange outfits - This is perhaps an extreme but we would not tolerate exclusion on the ground sof race, sex or age, so why should were trying to encourage exclusion on the ground sof HOW some fans chosse to support.

One of the best atmospheres I have been at at SMS was NOrwich home 4-3 back in the prem releagtion - wall of noise from all stands, even the slightly starnge dressed up and ballon throughing lot - Atmosphere is also driven by the game itself, not just the type of supporter. If anything the fact that so many games in many divisions have become meaningless or tactics for wins replaced by tactics of fear has just as much to do with the crappy atmosphere at times as the make up of the fan base IMHO.

V Good - see 'culture' for all.

I just find these threads funny there's god knows how many saints fans out there the chances they would all go to a football match and act, or indeed want to act, the same way is laughable. It's not going to change anytime soon so we will all have to put up with annoying fellow fans and there funny little ways.

Well said.

You have to be a bit more balanced as we are talking about away following and there are at least equal STs if not more in the other 3 SMS stands. Sure I am in favour of what they are doing at clubs like Dortmund etc and others in Germany and elsewhere where one end is usually standing now for thsoe that want their football in that 'tradition' and I having nothing against that - same as I have nothing against those that want to sit politely and clap or dress in strange outfits - This is perhaps an extreme but we would not tolerate exclusion on the ground sof race, sex or age, so why should were trying to encourage exclusion on the ground sof HOW some fans chosse to support.

One of the best atmospheres I have been at at SMS was NOrwich home 4-3 back in the prem releagtion - wall of noise from all stands, even the slightly starnge dressed up and ballon throughing lot - Atmosphere is also driven by the game itself, not just the type of supporter. If anything the fact that so many games in many divisions have become meaningless or tactics for wins replaced by tactics of fear has just as much to do with the crappy atmosphere at times as the make up of the fan base IMHO.

You do waffle Frank. I forced myself to read that and haven't got a clue what you're on about.

Amen to that it says a lot about the character of these people that they worry about the most pathtic things .

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2