Today's support

Sour Mash

There were some very smartly turned out lads, nearly up to my standard, but even Corky's and my kids don't feel the need to dress up likely a bunch of special needs kids on a trip to the seaside so why do so many of our adult fans?

I have a special needs kid and was wondering what you mean by your generalisation? I can't quite picture it. All I can see is some flippant remark which some will find pretty obnoxious.

Mods - Can we get this thread back on track to it's original point? Rather than the constant trolling from the likes of Frank's Cousin?

Did the empty banks of seats in the away end affect the team's performance? Hardly inspiring for one of the biggest games in the club's history. Could it be that some of the players thought "if the fans can't be bothered, why should we"?

I think that fancy dress is sh*t and childish at football. I also think wearing a replica shirt over a hoodie is sh*t.

Just my opinion. I hate the fact that the TV cameras chose to zoom in on the people who dress up like idiots. Why not zoom in on some lads in decent clobber, to even it up a bit?

Mods - Can we get this thread back on track to it's original point? Rather than the constant trolling from the likes of Frank's Cousin?

Did the empty banks of seats in the away end affect the team's performance? Hardly inspiring for one of the biggest games in the club's history. Could it be that some of the players thought "if the fans can't be bothered, why should we"?

You are joking right?

If your "theory" was right, how come the Boro players put their all into it, when their support was pathetic? Maybe it's just Saints players that only try when we sell out.

Or maybe you just wanted to have a pop at fans who didn't go, and tried to word the thread in oh such a clever way. Could we change the thread to something that reflects what a wonderful supporter you are, and leave the players out of it. Someone who thinks that this season our players only try when they feel like it, can hardly go around lecturing people about support. If you think that, I suggest you dont know alot about football. Because in my opinion the players have been fantastic this season and have given their all, whther there are 3,000 there or 30,000. I was there on Saturday but dont believe that makes me any better or any worse than any other supporter.

I think that fancy dress is sh*t and childish at football. I also think wearing a replica shirt over a hoodie is sh*t.

Just my opinion. I hate the fact that the TV cameras chose to zoom in on the people who dress up like idiots. Why not zoom in on some lads in decent clobber, to even it up a bit?

does it turn you on seeing some lads in decent (branded )clobber:lol:,i just focus on the match lol.;)

Dune Your right Dune it will be hard to expand on my views re right/left wing and folk who chose to wear silly head gear or costumes at football matches. The common trend here, though is the fact you disagree with a lot of issues in todays society

and you have now added football fans who dress up for games on to your room 101 list of hatred

Im bored with this thread now. Im looking forward to Saturdays game. Flights now booked.

Come On You Saints

I was there on Saturday but dont believe that makes me any better or any worse than any other supporter.

Well believe me, it does make you a better fan as you could actually be bothered to make the effort to support the team unlike those who only make the effort when it's an hour up the road.

If Saturday's game was against Palace or Reading, people would've been offering mental money for tickets and they would've been like gold dust. Where as the game actually involved a bit of effort in getting to, most people decided they couldn't be bothered and there were over 1k tickets that went unsold.

Still can't get my head around how people think having 1k unsold tickets for one of the biggest games in decades is good support. Shame on those who couldn't be bothered.

What about those who went to P'boro, surely we are excused the tag line of not bothering? For me it's not a case of not bothering but a case of it being very expensive. Two games in one week and you're talking 200 quid.

What about those who went to P'boro, surely we are excused the tag line of not bothering? For me it's not a case of not bothering but a case of it being very expensive. Two games in one week and you're talking 200 quid.

As you are well aware fella, all true fans were at Peterborough,

does it turn you on seeing some lads in decent (branded )clobber:lol:,i just focus on the match lol.;)

No it does not turn me on you pleb. It would just be nice for Sky not to portray our fanbase as a bunch of fancy dress happy clapper c*nts. They could achieve that by focusing a couple of crowd shots on people dressed normally, instead of zooming in on Osama Bin Laden, superman, clowns, and people in Hula shirts every time FFS.

Well believe me, it does make you a better fan as you could actually be bothered to make the effort to support the team unlike those who only make the effort when it's an hour up the road.

If Saturday's game was against Palace or Reading, people would've been offering mental money for tickets and they would've been like gold dust. Where as the game actually involved a bit of effort in getting to, most people decided they couldn't be bothered and there were over 1k tickets that went unsold.

Still can't get my head around how people think having 1k unsold tickets for one of the biggest games in decades is good support. Shame on those who couldn't be bothered.

But it's not for us to judge other people's support. I hate the ****ing contest and my Dad's bigger than your Dad's attitude of some fans. Everybody leads different lives, has different priorities and outgoings. I am comfortable with my support and know that I go to every game that I can, that's all that matters to me.

What I object to about this thread is the way a dig at other supporters has been twisted round to have a pop at the players. The implication is that they didn't try because we didn't sell out the away end. I find that quite offensive, and as a supporter of a a group of players that have made me very proud this season, complete and utter nonsense. I would like the OP to have 5 minutes with Nigel, or Rickie or maybe Danny Fox and tell them " I dont think you could be bothered on Sat". What sort of response would that get, what sort of supporter would they think he was?

What I object to about this thread is the way a dig at other supporters has been twisted round to have a pop at the players. The implication is that they didn't try because we didn't sell out the away end. I find that quite offensive, and as a supporter of a a group of players that have made me very proud this season, complete and utter nonsense. I would like the OP to have 5 minutes with Nigel, or Rickie or maybe Danny Fox and tell them " I dont think you could be bothered on Sat". What sort of response would that get, what sort of supporter would they think he was?

They should just consider themselves lucky that they don't play for Genoa;

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/04/22/2117168/fan-protests-prompt-genoa-siena.html

No it does not turn me on you pleb. It would just be nice for Sky not to portray our fanbase as a bunch of fancy dress happy clapper c*nts. They could achieve that by focusing a couple of crowd shots on people dressed normally, instead of zooming in on Osama Bin Laden, superman, clowns, and people in Hula shirts every time FFS.

lets face it, most of the blokes who make the effort to dress smart aren't the prettiest !

usually big lads with "lumpy " faces or wannabe little oiks

lets face it, most of the blokes who make the effort to dress smart aren't the prettiest !

usually big lads with "lumpy " faces or wannabe little oiks

The two Middlesborough lads i was chatting to on the way up couldn't speak highly enough about how well dressed we all were. I'm sure they weren't saying the same at the clowns and gimp suits.

Like i said above. Italians doing things with class and style. What would our angry fans have done; Squirted them in the eye with their "comedy" flower on their clown suit?

I imagine they would've gathered outside the ground, awaited the Sky cameras to turn up and then started singing "Let's go f*cking mental".

Still trolling I see, when there are just slightly bigger issues tonight and onward. FFS as if you know for sure that every single other Saints fans who did not go to the game, did so because they could not be bothered

The two Middlesborough lads i was chatting to on the way up couldn't speak highly enough about how well dressed we all were. I'm sure they weren't saying the same at the clowns and gimp suits.

Yeh right. Do blokes compliment each other on their dress on the way to the football now? Give me a break. Nice wind up.

The fact is that tonight's game is probably bigger than last Saturday's and yet it seems that we have only one member of the forum actually attending it. The rest of us should be ashamed.

Still trolling I see, when there are just slightly bigger issues tonight and onward. FFS as if you know for sure that every single other Saints fans who did not go to the game, did so because they could not be bothered

Obviously there were people who would've had legitimate reasons for not going. I just find it hard to believe that out of the 55k that went to Wembley, 53k of them all had a genuine excuse for not going. I find it hard to believe that out of the 6,000 that went to Palace, 3k had a genuine excuse for not going. I even find it hard to believe that out of the 4,500 that went to Reading, 1.5k of them had a genuine excuse.

I wonder if the people that were offering £100+ for a ticket for Plymouth, Brentford and Orient last year were as desperate for a ticket for Boro?

Also, if I wanted to talk about tonight's game or the Coventry game, I would do so on the applicable threads. Sorry though, I wasn't aware any other topic of conversation was banned until those games have been played.

The fact is that tonight's game is probably bigger than last Saturday's and yet it seems that we have only one member of the forum actually attending it. The rest of us should be ashamed.

those that sat in the pub or at home watching it on the telly bemoaning that it was "too much hassle" should do, yes.

Question to you all, why is it only fat or ugly people that dress up?

Probably some kind of inferiority complex. They know they're not as good looking, well dressed or as intelligent as the rest of us, so they dress up in some zany costumes and create a false persona for themselves to hide behind for the day, to help them try and escape the reality that they are in fact one of life's losers.

Question to you all, why is it only fat or ugly people that dress up?
i think you will find its also those with designer( branded ) gear sold in shops also rather than the real designer gear usually made to measure and out of reach of those who love paying threw the nose for the lower end of that market.

Probably some kind of inferiority complex. They know they're not as good looking, well dressed or as intelligent as the rest of us, so they dress up in some zany costumes and create a false persona for themselves to hide behind for the day, to help them try and escape the reality that they are in fact one of life's losers.
oh dear you have some issues

I just wonder who is mates with them. I wouldnt even associate myself with anyone like this.

i think you will find its also those with designer( branded ) gear sold in shops also rather than the real designer gear usually made to measure and out of reach of those who love paying threw the nose for the lower end of that market.

I can only assume you quoted CFSFC by mistake as your post has nothing to do with the question he originally posed.

I certainly do. The main one being at the moment - mongs in fancy dress at the football.

Such an entertaining thread this - I haven't laughed so much for ages....

Seriously - what's your preferred solution to the dreadful state we find our club in?

- Do you volunteer to 'vet' every person's attire before they are sold a ticket to a game?

- Or perhaps you could send out a list of appropriate clothing for all Saints supporters with each ticket sale?

- For Saturday at Boro, would you have preferred 1200 Saints fans dressed 'properly' or 3000 dressed in whatever what they want to ....?

Seriously - what's your preferred solution to the dreadful state we find our club in?

- Do you volunteer to 'vet' every person's attire before they are sold a ticket to a game?

- Or perhaps you could send out a list of appropriate clothing for all Saints supporters with each ticket sale?

- For Saturday at Boro, would you have preferred 1200 Saints fans dressed 'properly' or 3000 dressed in whatever what they want to ....?

I'd just prefer people to dress normally. Would you go to work dressed as Superman? Would you go and do the shopping dressed as Batman? Would you go pick the kids up from school dressed as Osama Bin Laden?

I'm going to presume that you're not a complete mentalist and that your answer to those questions is no. So therefore, aren't you slightly bemused as to why someone would want to do that when attending a football match?

1200 dressed correctly.

As for clothing - just what you wear to the pub will do.

Thank **** Mrs Duck doesn't want to come to football with me, she takes long enough to get ready for a night out. I couldn't stand waiting around whilst she checked with our neighbour's wife that she looked ok. God forbid if she turned up in The chapel, and someone was wearing the same gear............