Today's support

Sour Mash

WHO cares if people want to dress up and have a laugh. I'd rather be like them and not give a sh*t what people think than be like some posters on here that are seemingly worryingly self-conscious and judgemental.

Good post did not bother me has long has they enjoyed theirselves and got behind the team don't worry what a few sad snobs think they need to get a life

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

WHO cares if people want to dress up and have a laugh. I'd rather be like them and not give a sh*t what people think than be like some posters on here that are seemingly worryingly self-conscious and judgemental.

It's called insecurity. People who constantly critisise and find fault with others generally aren't comfortable in themselves and probaly need some clinical help

There were some very smartly turned out lads, nearly up to my standard, but even Corky's and my kids don't feel the need to dress up likely a bunch of special needs kids on a trip to the seaside so why do so many of our adult fans?

Why special needs you hateful pr1k

no problem with others dressing up, not my thing at all but don't understand those slagging them off ?

its the same people who always critisice fans dress sense. what do they want? everyone to dress like they do ? sort of defeats the object doesn't it ?

It reflects badly on us as club. Do you really want us to be a laughing stock?

Saints fans yesterday were immense. I do not care if you are 5 or 55 and dress as a clown, paint your face or wear fancy dress, your support yesterday was great. We did a 600 mile round trip yesterday for a game that was a 5.20 kick off on TV and there were 3,000 of us there. THAT IS FANTASTIC. There was NO noise from the home fans until they scored the second goal, all that could be heard was the Saints fans. Well done to all who went, the only sad ones were the chav home fans who abused people as we walked away from the ground, did make me laugh that one idiot walked past me and had to shouted "2-1", well done for that, hope that lessons next week will help the little cherub count past 3.

no i don't want us to be a laughing stock but to make out this happens just at Saints is plain stupid. all clubs have a fans who dress up, wear wigs, jester hats etc. have a look on Readings forum where they are discussing what inflatable animals etc they can take to Brum !

as i said,if everyone turned up in decent clothing i'd hate it as there would be no point making the effort anymore.

Did we lose today due to the lack of support up at Boro? Team lack focus when running out to see banks of empty seats in the away end? Can you blame them for thinking if the supporters can't be bothered, why should we?

There was no "lack of support", I assure you.

Can you please explain how dressing up like a moron is "having a laugh"? I'd love to know what I'm missing out on and a lot of us don't seem to be getting it.

no i don't want us to be a laughing stock but to make out this happens just at Saints is plain stupid. all clubs have a fans who dress up, wear wigs, jester hats etc. have a look on Readings forum where they are discussing what inflatable animals etc they can take to Brum !

as i said,if everyone turned up in decent clothing i'd hate it as there would be no point making the effort anymore.

Exactly, this sort of mong type behaviour is for clubs like Reading, not us. You don't see Man United, Spurs or Leeds fans dressed up in gimp suits, silly hats, costumes and wigs.

Cant believe some folk are so feckin sad and insecure that thay feel the need to comment on how other fans behave' date=' dress etc.. who gives a flying feck what the sad morona at other clubs think... jeez[/quote']

I care.

There was some fat little f*cker near me in a mankini. Not only was this very gay but he also made me feel physically sick. Not only was he ugly as f*ck but he grossly obese. Stretch marks the lot, Vile.

Funnily enough people like you make me feel sick. Not only stupid and bigotted but prepared to express it as well. Vile.

Said exactly this yesterday. Proper away support. Ours is gimptastic

feck is that proper as in 'right propa'? some of you obviously watched the Firm/football factory too many times and think its cool to all dress up is 'propa gear' - can see you all now slagging the clowns whilst you all dress in your 'branded casual sports wear... a symbol of feck all individuality ... hilarious

feck is that proper as in 'right propa'? some of you obviously watched the Firm/football factory too many times and think its cool to all dress up is 'propa gear' - can see you all now slagging the clowns whilst you all dress in your 'branded casual sports wear... a symbol of feck all individuality ... hilarious

Where did I say people need to be dressed in gear you melon?

Personally I was far more offended by being surrounded by a number of fans who spent much of the game mucking about with their mobile phones rather than vocally supporting the team. It totally baffles me why people travel all that way to faff about with their iPhones and Blackberry phones when they can do that any time of the week.

Can you please explain how dressing up like a moron is "having a laugh"? I'd love to know what I'm missing out on and a lot of us don't seem to be getting it.

I'll enlighten you. People are different. Some people like dressing up, some don't. Some like football, some don't. Some go on internet forums, some don't. Some take what they wear serioulsy, some don't.

Take this information to heart and live out the rest of your days pondering things more important than what a man you don't know is wearing.

To be honest, I don't give a **** what Trinny and Susannah think about us.

Yesterday I was wearing a pair of jeans, some nice brown shoes and a jumper. I didn't wear any facepaint or play with any balloons.

Personally I was far more offended by being surrounded by a number of fans who spent much of the game mucking about with their mobile phones rather than vocally supporting the team. It totally baffles me why people travel all that way to faff about with their iPhones and Blackberry phones when they can do that any time of the week.
Keeping up with the other scores perhaps? I know I am an avid viewer of iFooty - and will be again at the Coventry match. Obviously at 'Boro (when there were no other matches on) they were checking in on Facebook :)

Just re-read what you said. About checking in on Facebook etc, this wasn't on getting in to the ground, this was through the last 15 minutes of the game when we were losiing and really needed to give the team a lift.
They were texting their mates to see what the Sky commentators were saying about the Lallana foul ;)

The mongs in the facepaint/wigs/fancy dress are pretty embarrassing but to be honest it's part of our support and if they've got no self respect then that's their fault. Personally i'm going to go to games as i always have, have a few drinks, make a fu.ck load of noise and then avoid all those mongs after the game as best i can.

They were texting their mates to see what the Sky commentators were saying about the Lallana foul ;)

I have re-read what you said. Regardless, I fail to understand why people faff about on their phones when other games are on. As Adkins says, "control the controllables", you can't control other games' scores, but you can help Saints by singing yourself hoarse and cheering them on and making it intimidating for the oppo.

I have re-read what you said. Regardless, I fail to understand why people faff about on their phones when other games are on. As Adkins says, "control the controllables", you can't control other games' scores, but you can help Saints by singing yourself hoarse and cheering them on and making it intimidating for the oppo.

It's a fair point - but surely you will be teeny bit interested in following the west ham score (if it matters) next week? It is possible to both shout, scream, sing, jump up and down AND keep an eye on other scores at certain times.

I am a fairly intolerant bloke it must be said. I do not suffer fools gladly, as they say. HOWEVER, I have absolutely no problem whatsoever with people wearing fancy dress, hats, blowing up balloons, painting their face et al for a football match. Why the f*** do people care about it? Are you worried that people might think it is you or what? :?

Listen mate, as you say its a football match, if i wanna see that then id go to a circus! As for people caring? yes i do! when you get your fishy friends

texting you during the game saying you belong in a walt disney parade...! Yes it is embarrassing. Please Stop It Now!!!!

Think all those so worried about what over fans might think of us as a club should be forced to attend games in coats and flatcaps twirlling rattles - afterall that's a far more historically accurate tradition than the image they seem to want to portray of us being a 'right propa club'

Think all those so worried about what over fans might think of us as a club should be forced to attend games in coats and flatcaps twirlling rattles - afterall that's a far more historically accurate tradition than the image they seem to want to portray of us being a 'right propa club'

Would you go to the pub, pictures, bowling, zoo etc in attention seeking fancy dress?

Would you go to the pub, pictures, bowling, zoo etc in attention seeking fancy dress?

No I would not, not my thing, but each to is own, and I dont have such a problem with a fragile ego that its challenged because some other thick as sh!t morons at other clubs, might be laughing at Saints fans who dress up and have a laugh in their own way.... you guys who feel so 'challenged' by what others wear, obviously suffer from 'small ****' syndrome - pathetic