Today's support

Sour Mash

You just don't get it do you? The vast majority of Southampton fans do not give a ***** how we, as supporters, are viewed by others. We don't have this weird complex like you, Turkish and Griffo do where all you care about is that we aren't seen as a 'laughing stock'. I personally think it's embarrassing that you care what a Bournemouth fan thinks. A club that could never dream of taking the sort of numbers we have taken this season to away games. I've never met a single saints fan that believes us to be a massive club or have the 'best fans in the world', we're just normal football fans doing our best to support our team.

I was at Boro, not in fancy dress as it's not really my sort of thing, but we had the best part of 3k fans travelling to the other end of the country cheering the saints on. That is all that matters.

Grow up and start worrying about things that are slightly more important in life as opposed to getting 'embarrassed' when someone wears a wig to a football match for god's sake.

This. I don't wear fancy dress to football and never will. I'm also not so insecure I feel embarrassed by what fans of other clubs think about my fellow fans. I suggest packing away your Danny Dyer dvds and worrying about something more important.

This. I don't wear fancy dress to football and never will. I'm also not so insecure I feel embarrassed by what fans of other clubs think about my fellow fans. I suggest packing away your Danny Dyer dvds and worrying about something more important.

Why does everyone keep going on about dressing like Danny Dyer? This has nothing to do with it. It's about people going in middle aged men going fancy dress as clowns and so on and how this is remotely the great laugh people keep claiming it is.

Alas with Laural and Hardy (alias Dune and Turkish) so desperate for attention they need to to infect each thread with their attempts at being the 'boisterous lads' with 'humour' that would struggle to gain a laugh from an amoeba, it will fall on death ears

all well and good (or not) going dressed like a complete idiot..

what about after the game...trawling up St Marys street looking like a nutter on acid and going home/waiting for a bus.

What are you on about? It's perfectly normal to dress up like Buzz Lightyear or wear a mankini around town. I see people all the time dressed like that when I go down the shops.

We're the nutters for not joining in with this 'wacky' and 'fun' craze.

Why does everyone keep going on about dressing like Danny Dyer? This has nothing to do with it. It's about people going in middle aged men going fancy dress as clowns and so on and how this is remotely the great laugh people keep claiming it is.
Oh STFU - its not about that all - its about sad young, or middleaged virgins with small dicks who feel so inadequate that they cant let others simply do as they wish if it causes so much as a single 'facebook' comment form an equally di ckless wannabe from another club.... seriously teh onlt freaks we have a fans are you Turkish and Dune - you would actually be quite funny, if not so fricken obvious...

Why does it bother you if a fan of another club is laughing at someone in fancy dress? If you're not in fancy dress surely it shouldn't matter?

all well and good (or not) going dressed like a complete idiot..

what about after the game...trawling up St Marys street looking like a nutter on acid and going home/waiting for a bus.

True, cant explain it, cant see the 'fun' in it - but you dont need to - each to his own and all that

Why does it bother you if a fan of another club is laughing at someone in fancy dress? If you're not in fancy dress surely it shouldn't matter?

Because it reflects badly on the city, my city. Take the fat mess that was on this series of Take Me OUt from Southampton who was in Hawaian shirts and just generally a bit of a disaster of a human being. He wasnt described as "the fat mess" he was "the fat mess from Southampton". I dont want my city and club associated with people like that. And on another note i'm still waiting for people to tell me why dressing up like a hemlet is such a great laugh.

Because it reflects badly on the city, my city. Take the fat mess that was on this series of Take Me OUt from Southampton who was in Hawaian shirts and just generally a bit of a disaster of a human being. He was described as "the fat mess" he was "the fat mess from Southampton". I dont want my city and club associated with people like that. And on another note i'm still waiting for people to tell me why dressing up like a hemlet is such a great laugh.

don't know what is funnier...the description, or that you actually watched it

Oh STFU - its not about that all - its about sad young' date=' or middleaged virgins with small dicks who feel so inadequate that they cant let others simply do as they wish if it causes so much as a single 'facebook' comment form an equally di ckless wannabe from another club.... seriously teh onlt freaks we have a fans are you Turkish and Dune - you would actually be quite funny, if not so fricken obvious...[/quote']

God you're dull.

The most boring poster on the swf imo.

That's a highly contested accolade.

And I'm firmly in the no need for dressing up at football matches camp, although it was somewhat amusing to see a clown run out of a pub over to a meat wagon and start complaining to the copper in the driver seat that someone had stolen his wallet.

Because it reflects badly on the city, my city. Take the fat mess that was on this series of Take Me OUt from Southampton who was in Hawaian shirts and just generally a bit of a disaster of a human being. He wasnt described as "the fat mess" he was "the fat mess from Southampton". I dont want my city and club associated with people like that. And on another note i'm still waiting for people to tell me why dressing up like a hemlet is such a great laugh.

I don't think fancy dress is a laugh. Likewise plenty of people don't see the way you approach football as "fun".

If you seriously think the way one bloke acts on Take Me Out represents an entire city you need to get out more!

Edited by shirleysfc

And I'm firmly in the no need for dressing up at football matches camp, although it was somewhat amusing to see a clown run out of a pub over to a meat wagon and start complaining to the copper in the driver seat that someone had stolen his wallet.

Dulldroms won't be amused.

I don't think it is a laugh. Likewise plenty of people don't see the way you approach football as "fun".

If you seriously think the way one bloke acts on Take Me Out represents an entire city you need to get out more!

Bloke on take me out, or the grizzling clown at the match on saturday, fat messes in replia shirts. It all creates an opinion of the city and it's residents. When you think of Italians for example, you think of stylish, good looking men and women. When you think of Southampton you think of fat messes in clown costumes.

I had 2 taxi drivers, plus a train gurad say how good our support was when I was up there. For a late KO and on the TV I thought the numbers were pretty decent. I even read a report in paper prasising our support. I didn't wear fancy dress, but dont think it's any of my business what people wear to football.

They wear fancy dress at cricket finals and one day international games.

so why not the last games of the soccer season.

Anybody remember the long sideburns at villa in honour of Micky evans and the franny Benali theme?

God forbid taking that blow up santa on that miserable wet cup game at elm park all those years ago.

Its just fun guys, dont take what other fans wear or do not wear. Frank Cousin is not dull turkish.

Now wheres my rossette for saturday. Oh **** the Politically correct bullyboys on SWF wil be offended if I where it

After all the minority group on this forum are the ones to make the rules. But I will not bow down to the right wing views of dunce

They wear fancy dress at cricket finals and one day international games.

so why not the last games of the soccer season.

Anybody remember the long sideburns at villa in honour of Micky evans and the franny Benali theme?

God forbid taking that blow up santa on that miserable wet cup game at elm park all those years ago.

Its just fun guys, dont take what other fans wear or do not wear. Frank Cousin is not dull turkish.

Now wheres my rossette for saturday. Oh **** the Politically correct bullyboys on SWF wil be offended if I where it

After all the minority group on this forum are the ones to make the rules. But I will not bow down to the right wing views of dunce

The fact you refer to football as "soccer" means your opinion on any matter in life is null and void.

I saw that I think the guy was wearing a stone island gear with the usual beergut and fake Italian shoes lol

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Other clubs do it

man utd http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/23102011/8/photo/manchester-united-fans-fancy-dress-stands.html

Villa fans http://www.talksport.co.uk/magazine/big-picture/2011-05-16/streakers-fancy-dress-and-flying-banners-best-pictures-premier-league

and many more

Who gives a toss what people choose to wear as long as they're supporting Saints? I find it ironic that the people who are usually talking about being embarassed by wigs, morph suits or facepainting are almost invariably the ones who don't attend away games. If someone is prepared to lay out the significant cost of an away day they can wear what the hell they want IMHO.

Bloke on take me out, or the grizzling clown at the match on saturday, fat messes in replia shirts. It all creates an opinion of the city and it's residents. When you think of Italians for example, you think of stylish, good looking men and women. When you think of Southampton you think of fat messes in clown costumes.

Lol! No, you really don't!

I'm assuming you're just trolling. If not I suggest you need to stop worrying what a few people on the internet think and get out more!

Well dune should stop going to Italy for his holidays and now I cannot sleep worrrying what the Italians think of us I must slit my wrist with all the shame ?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

What a load of **** this place has become.

Totally agree. This place is pants now. Used to be about the banter and football now it's about winding people up and insults. The support at Boro was fantastic. Our season has been fantastic. We could lose 25 nil in the play off final and it would still be fantastic. I just dont get this place sometime

Lol! No, you really don't!

I'm assuming you're just trolling. If not I suggest you need to stop worrying what a few people on the internet think and get out more!

Why do you think Italians are renowned for their style? Do you see any Napoli or Inter fans grizzling on the telly dressed in "comedy" bow ties and wigs? I'm sure the ones that think it's hilarious to dress up are the ones who were first in line for the "comedy" ties and matching socks that were popular with accountants a few years back.

It wasnt about dressing up dune. I was mentioning the fact is that a small group of you find people wearing fancy dress extremely embarassing and that it is no differnet to you or others spouting of extreme right wing or left wing views, You all have a place in society .

Did you go to the game ? No so you have no right to criticise those who went in what ever garb. I wore my berghause jacket of my yellow shirt. so friggin what

Totally agree. This place is pants now. Used to be about the banter and football now it's about winding people up and insults. The support at Boro was fantastic. Our season has been fantastic. We could lose 25 nil in the play off final and it would still be fantastic. I just dont get this place sometime

There are plenty of other threads where we can all self congratulate each other and pat ourselves on the back. Just because we've had a good season doesn't mean we can't have a grumble about certain things.

And I can assure you, our season would not be deemed as "fantastic" if we lost in the play-off final. It would be forever remembered as one of the greatest f*ck ups in English football.

It wasnt about dressing up dune. I was mentioning the fact is that a small group of you find people wearing fancy dress extremely embarassing and that it is no differnet to you or others spouting of extreme right wing or left wing views, You all have a place in society .

Did you go to the game ? No so you have no right to criticise those who went in what ever garb. I wore my berghause jacket of my yellow shirt. so friggin what

I attended the game so I'll continue to criticise.

Why do you think Italians are renowned for their style? Do you see any Napoli or Inter fans grizzling on the telly dressed in "comedy" bow ties and wigs? I'm sure the ones that think it's hilarious to dress up are the ones who were first in line for the "comedy" ties and matching socks that were popular with accountants a few years back.

I bet they all own Michael MacIntyre DVD box sets.

Could you expand on this please because i'm struggling to see the correlation between right/left wing extremism and cringing at fans dressed as clowns. I'm sure you won't disappoint.