Signings since the summer - how have they done?

ExSt Peter Saint

I saw on another thread that we have brought in a lot of new players since the summer, so thought I'd try and look at the all and assess their impact so far. Here goes:

Schneiderlin - we look better when he's in the team as stated on other threads and will sell him on at a profit - good signing.

Holmes - also looked good until he got injured - gives good balance on the left wing.

Perry - Not been as good as last season, but then he had the dependable and committed Lucketti next to him - jury's out, but most were happy to see him arrive.

Forecast - Not got near the first team, partly due to KD's great form - hard to say, but I guess we'll see when Davis is sold.

Wotton - not impressed at all so far. Not good enough on the ball in midfield and not strong enough in defence as far as I have seen

Pulis - who knows, but I don't have high hopes of him making much difference once back from injury

Gasmi - hoping he'll have more of an eye for goal than our other attcking midfielders, but again not seen him play yet.

Peckhart - not been impressed so far - doesn't hold the ball up well enough and limited to a few appearances from the bench

Cork - good signing, if only on loan, and has been solid generally - need him rather than James at RB, even though it's not his best position

Robertson - scored one good goal, but yet to see whether he can be relied upon on a regular basis

Smith - Hasn't been an adequate replacement for Holmes so far and a 17-year old has now taken his place.

Pearce - good debut and looks dangerous in opposition box - seems better than Lancashire.

The team you could put out from this lot would be:

--------------Forecast-----------

Cork------Wotton--Pearce---Perry

Gasmi--Schneiderlin--Pulis---Holmes

---------Peckhart--Robertson-----

That would hardly strike fear into most CCC teams, would it?

Cork, Schneiderlin and Holmes have all been brilliant. Chris Perry has been average and i'm undecided about Paul Wotton and Alex Pearce. The rest either haven't played or have been pretty crap.

Pekhart, Pulis, Robinson and Smith are just a drain on resources and don't really offer anything apart from a bit of cover. Would rather we kept John or Saga then got those four in.

When we are supposedly too skint to keep hold of a decent manager it seems weird we can afford to blow money on wages for: Pulis, Gasmi, Forecast, Smith, Robertson, Peckhart. Plus what was the point in giving Perry a contract if were going to be playing a bunch of kids instead?

All seems a bit hit and miss, we bring someone in on loan - he plays a couple of games then is dropped.

When we are supposedly too skint to keep hold of a decent manager it seems weird we can afford to blow money on wages for: Pulis, Gasmi, Forecast, Smith, Robertson, Peckhart. Plus what was the point in giving Perry a contract if were going to be playing a bunch of kids instead?

All seems a bit hit and miss, we bring someone in on loan - he plays a couple of games then is dropped.

Perry has been off sick, so has Robertson, they we're really quite ill apparently.