Svensson set to return

Scudamore

(And it pains me to say this, but...)

Snore....

I agree. When it became apparent at the start of the season that he might get back, there was genuine excitement and anticipation and indeed, he looked like a commanding presence in the pre-season matches, almost like his old self, bar a bit of lack of fitness which seemed as if it might return with matches.

But now, even if he did return, he looks as if he might be a liability, or that he could soon end up crocked again. Very sad.

I agree. When it became apparent at the start of the season that he might get back, there was genuine excitement and anticipation and indeed, he looked like a commanding presence in the pre-season matches, almost like his old self, bar a bit of lack of fitness which seemed as if it might return with matches.

But now, even if he did return, he looks as if he might be a liability, or that he could soon end up crocked again. Very sad.

I don't agree about him being a liability but I think if his knee is so dodgy he would be better off just retiring now and saving him self pain in the future.

I don't agree about him being a liability but I think if his knee is so dodgy he would be better off just retiring now and saving him self pain in the future.

Whether he would be a liability depends on a few things. Would he be mobile enough against some strikers? Quick enough? Willing to put himself right on the line 100% in challenges that might result in injury?

In his pomp, he was an incredible defender, worthy of a place even in some of the top teams in the Premiership. It would be great if he could have a decent run for one more season, but it doesn't look good and I agree with you that it is better that we don't place any reliance on him, especially if his future health might be compromised.

As with many I'm becoming increasingly cynical and somewhat disillusioned so I expect to see an imminent OS announcement with a fanfare and razzmataz that Svensson is due to return in a vain attempt to bolster flagging enthusiasm of the supporter base.

LOL - About right though. You're as cynical as I! Saints do that to the average fan! :rolleyes: