Jason Euell

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/3842279.Euell_s_impact_praised_by_Poortvliet/

Good news that Euell is going to continue to be involved with the 1st team, IMO. Did well for us at the back end of last season under NP and has done well, in the game and a half he's had so far this season, too. Any experienced (but expensive) player JP can squeeze into the team has got to be a bonus, especially if he's contributing something worthwhile!

Shows how far we've fallen, even from last season. Euell was a complete donkey for most of last season, even during several games under Pearson. Now all of a sudden people say he is our saviour and needs to be in the team... and I agree with them.

DMG up front on his own just isn't working. We need to be playing 4-4-2 IMO and Robertson and Pekhart just don't float my boat.

The other workable option would be Skacel playing off Euell.

No one has suggested this but Surman and McG up front?

QUOTE]

That would be a SERIOUS lack of Pace up front... McG is a good finisher but not the quickest, and Surman seems like he's treading water when he's at full tilt !

I think JP should play a 5-3-2 formation Myself, as our current problem is that teh Midfield don't join in quick enough on teh break as they're too slow, and if they do we get done on the break coz we can't get back quick enough.

I'd try:

Davis

Cork Perry Skacel

Euell Pearce

Thompson Surman Smith

Lallana McG

Each given a defined role: Euell, Pearce Sit just infront of back 3 and protect them, DONOT go too far forward. Lallana McG Stay up there and get goals, Surman, Thopson and Smith Create chances and get back a.s.a.p.

I think that'd be better than the current... "every one play everywhere and try and get goals, but don't forget to defend, oh and play football tactics ! "

Euell got it together last season when he was moved out to left midfield. He lacks that tight control you need in the centre and that was perhaps why he struggled. However when he played in the middle it was noticeable how much more mobile he is than Wotton, Schneiderlin or Surman. He also has that physical strength that we are missing. For me Wotton can do one and Euell come in to replace him.

Euell got it together last season when he was moved out to left midfield. He lacks that tight control you need in the centre and that was perhaps why he struggled. However when he played in the middle it was noticeable how much more mobile he is than Wotton, Schneiderlin or Surman. He also has that physical strength that we are missing. For me Wotton can do one and Euell come in to replace him.

I'd tend to disagree that he looked good on the left. He was very poor at Hull and ineffective at West Brom, not to mention a couple of earlier games in the season. Watford springs to mind.

I'd tend to disagree that he looked good on the left. He was very poor at Hull and ineffective at West Brom, not to mention a couple of earlier games in the season. Watford springs to mind.

Not sure anyone came out of the Hull game with much pride. Euell was derided for much of the season (and at times rightly so) as he simply did not have the quality required to play in the middle. He always showed great heart and really got stuck in. Some of the tackles he made took me back to the 80's. But it wasn't until Pearson got hold of him and moved him to the left did he start to change peoples minds. Many on here applauded his displays and even changed their opinions completely. I would suggest that was largely down to him playing on the left where he had a bit more time and space, the opportunity to get forward and a little less responsibility that playing in the middle demands.

I like his attitude and I love seeing a player overcome the boo boys. You're not a fan then?

Not sure anyone came out of the Hull game with much pride. Euell was derided for much of the season (and at times rightly so) as he simply did not have the quality required to play in the middle. He always showed great heart and really got stuck in. Some of the tackles he made took me back to the 80's. But it wasn't until Pearson got hold of him and moved him to the left did he start to change peoples minds. Many on here applauded his displays and even changed their opinions completely. I would suggest that was largely down to him playing on the left where he had a bit more time and space, the opportunity to get forward and a little less responsibility that playing in the middle demands.

I like his attitude and I love seeing a player overcome the boo boys. You're not a fan then?

FWIW, Chez, i agree with you.He put in some good performances at the end of the season on the left hand side, in fact Richard Wright was hitting all his goal kicks towards him and he was winning a lot which stopped the ball coming staight back at us from the centre of the pitch.

I have a lot of time for Jason after last season, being sung to, that he was not fit to wear the shirt.( which he wasn't, imo).He put in some gutsy work under Pearson, at the end of the season, and was one of the instrumental factors of us staying up.A fit focused Jason is a plus for us.

Have to agree I thought he was gash under Burley different player under NP and he played well the other day and when he came on Sat makes a huge diffirence having a fit focused expirenced pro he could be a big player for us this season

Agree.

Euell played well towards the end of last season and is is a different league to the useless Wotton regarding ability/skill and mobility. He also is a goal threat unlike many other midfielders we have. Saints need to play a blend of young talented players with proven experience players to succeed in this league and cannot continue to play 8 or 9 youngsters getting bullied in this league. It's not rocket science really and someone at the club better realise it soon hopefully.