Reserves tonight

ExSt Peter Saint

As the Reserves mirror the first team tactically, think the line up will look more like

Bart

James Killer Davies Mills

Pulis Wotton

Thomson Gasmi

Paterson

Robertson

Defensivley very strong. Still do not know what Pulis or Gasmi bring to the table. Thomson is very good on the right wing and Paterson will want to continue his goal a game record. Also, young McLaggan is playing well for u18s hope he gets a run out.

COYR

As the Reserves mirror the first team tactically, think the line up will look more like

Bart

James Killer Davies Mills

Pulis Wotton

Thomson Gasmi

Paterson

Robertson

Defensivley very strong. Still do not know what Pulis or Gasmi bring to the table. Thomson is very good on the right wing and Paterson will want to continue his goal a game record. Also, young McLaggan is playing well for u18s hope he gets a run out.

COYR

Definsively very strong?? I beg to differ...

Killer went off at half time, replaced by Imudia. Didn't show any signs of injury, so I guess he was only intended to play half the game. Here's hoping he's fit and firing for Saturday then...

I left a few minutes before the end; while I don't want to sound overly negative, I thought neither Pulis nor Gasmi looked up to much. Then again, I doubt if either of them is properly match fit yet. Kyle Davies and Imudia both looked good, as did Thompson - he set up the first and was fouled for the penalty. Wotton is a useful older head in the reserves; even if he sees little first-team action he's probably worth having around for that reason. Neither striker looked too impressive, though Robertson took his first goal well.

Just back in here's what I thought of it...

Good to see Killer back in action, although he did look a bit off the pace, which is to be expected I guess. Put in a couple of good challenges, but we wont get away with playing him AND Perry on Saturday or we will be murdered by and kind of pace. There weren't too many chances for either side, although I think overall a 1 goal win was about fair. Met Killer just as the second half was starting. Said he was okay and wasn't showing any signs of injury. Think it was just a precaution.

If you are interested, the formation was:

- - - - - - - Bart

James - Killer - Davies - Mills

- - - Pulis - - Wotton - - -

Thomson - Patterson - Gasmi

- - - - - - Robertson

As for the players:

Bart - 5 A few smart saves but nothing really special. Looked like he was beatten at his near post for their goal. Bit of a scramble, couldn't see it too well. Sliced a clearance and made a hash of deal with a back pass and ended up in a 50-50 with a Swansea striker, which he was lucky to get away with, injuring their guy in the process.

James - 7 Played solidly at RB but was excellent in midfield after Pulis went off. Put in a few decent challenges, especially in midfield. Seemed to have a decent understanding with Thomson.

Killer - 6 Couple of decent challenges, but off the pace and I would give him a couple more reserve outings before I stick him back in the first team. Good to see him back though and seemed to get through 45 mins fine.

Davies - 6 Not totally comfortable, but no howlers either. Seemed to work well enough with both Killer and Imudia. Wouldn't have him in the first team yet though, even ahead of Lancashire.

Mills - 7 Probably our second best player tonight. I would have him in the team for Reading with Skacel in midfield. Fish seems to have a decent engine and was never skinned or caught out of possition, despite some surging runs forward. Couple of decent crosses and seemed generally quite switched on.

Thomson - 8 Very good performance from him. He's got loads of pace, although the end product needs working on. Great through ball to set up the goal. Made a few surging runs, including one to win the penalty. MOTM. I'd have him on the bench for Saturday to run at tired legs.

Wotton - 6 A typical Paul Wotton performance. Solid but reliable. Most passes found their targets, even if none of them split the defences in half. Wouldn't have him ahead of Morgan, but as Fowllyd said, good to have as back-up and was barking out instructions all night. One or two rash challenges I'd rather he ironed out too.

Pulis -5 If his dad doesn't rate him, I hardly had high hopes. Never really showed anything to suggest it he was wrong either. Pretty forgettable if I am honnest, but it was his first game in fook knows how long.

Gasmi - 6 I actually thought he looked useful in the first half, but faded a bit after the break. He's got some good moves in him, but I didn't see much end product. On the plus side, he seems asured with both feet. Assuming I were to play Fish at LB, I'd have Skacel in ahead of him any day based on tonight's showing.

Patterson - 6 Worked hard and showed some good hold up play in the build up to our first goal, chesting it down and laying it into Thomson's path. Never really looked like scoring though, which is a bit of a bummer for a striker. Worked well with Robertson, taking it in turns to drop deeper, in the hole.

Robertson - 7 Well taken first goal, cool finish from a 1 on 1. Shame I didn't see BWP in the stand as he could have learned something. Well taken penalty, high to the left with the 'keeper going the wrong way. Also worked hard and did some good work playing deeper in the second half.

Subs:

Imudia - 6 He's lightning quick, but never tall enough to play CB for the first team. Dependable enough and kept a clean sheet for his part. No real errors, so can't complain.

McLaggon - 6 Made one or two decent runs, but wasn't on the pitch all that long. Replaced Gasmi on the left wing. If I had to chose between them, I'd say Gasmi just edges in, as he looked a bit more composed on the ball.

Someone also replaced Pulis and played RB. Couldn't tell who it was, but they were solid enough, without ever providing a threat going forwards.

So no gossip who did you see there from the coaching staff side of things par example come on please tell ....any faces there checking on the boys ??

Good to see Killer back in action, although he did look a bit off the pace, which is to be expected I guess. Put in a couple of good challenges, but we wont get away with playing him AND Perry on Saturday or we will be murdered by and kind of pace. There weren't too many chances for either side, although I think overall a 1 goal win was about fair. Met Killer just as the second half was starting. Said he was okay and wasn't showing any signs of injury. Think it was just a precaution.

- - - - - - - Bart

- - - - - - Robertson

As for the players:

Bart - 5 A few smart saves but nothing really special. Looked like he was beatten at his near post for their goal. Bit of a scramble, couldn't see it too well. Sliced a clearance and made a hash of deal with a back pass and ended up in a 50-50 with a Swansea striker, which he was lucky to get away with, injuring their guy in the process.

James - 7 Played solidly at RB but was excellent in midfield after Pulis went off. Put in a few decent challenges, especially in midfield. Seemed to have a decent understanding with Thomson.

Killer - 6 Couple of decent challenges, but off the pace and I would give him a couple more reserve outings before I stick him back in the first team. Good to see him back though and seemed to get through 45 mins fine.

Davies - 6 Not totally comfortable, but no howlers either. Seemed to work well enough with both Killer and Imudia. Wouldn't have him in the first team yet though, even ahead of Lancashire.

Mills - 7 Probably our second best player tonight. I would have him in the team for Reading with Skacel in midfield. Fish seems to have a decent engine and was never skinned or caught out of possition, despite some surging runs forward. Couple of decent crosses and seemed generally quite switched on.

Thomson - 8 Very good performance from him. He's got loads of pace, although the end product needs working on. Great through ball to set up the goal. Made a few surging runs, including one to win the penalty. MOTM. I'd have him on the bench for Saturday to run at tired legs.

Wotton - 6 A typical Paul Wotton performance. Solid but reliable. Most passes found their targets, even if none of them split the defences in half. Wouldn't have him ahead of Morgan, but as Fowllyd said, good to have as back-up and was barking out instructions all night. One or two rash challenges I'd rather he ironed out too.

Pulis -5 If his dad doesn't rate him, I hardly had high hopes. Never really showed anything to suggest it he was wrong either. Pretty forgettable if I am honnest, but it was his first game in fook knows how long.

Gasmi - 6 I actually thought he looked useful in the first half, but faded a bit after the break. He's got some good moves in him, but I didn't see much end product. On the plus side, he seems asured with both feet. Assuming I were to play Fish at LB, I'd have Skacel in ahead of him any day based on tonight's showing.

Patterson - 6 Worked hard and showed some good hold up play in the build up to our first goal, chesting it down and laying it into Thomson's path. Never really looked like scoring though, which is a bit of a bummer for a striker. Worked well with Robertson, taking it in turns to drop deeper, in the hole.

Robertson - 7 Well taken first goal, cool finish from a 1 on 1. Shame I didn't see BWP in the stand as he could have learned something. Well taken penalty, high to the left with the 'keeper going the wrong way. Also worked hard and did some good work playing deeper in the second half.

Subs:

Imudia - 6 He's lightning quick, but never tall enough to play CB for the first team. Dependable enough and kept a clean sheet for his part. No real errors, so can't complain.

McLaggon - 6 Made one or two decent runs, but wasn't on the pitch all that long. Replaced Gasmi on the left wing. If I had to chose between them, I'd say Gasmi just edges in, as he looked a bit more composed on the ball.

Someone also replaced Pulis and played RB. Couldn't tell who it was, but they were solid enough, without ever providing a threat going forwards.

So no gossip who did you see there from the coaching staff side of things par example come on please tell ....any faces there checking on the boys ??

Jan was there. Had a good natter with Killer during the second half.

Lee Holmes was sat next to us in the stand. Didn't speak to him, seemed to be moving freely enough. Was sat with some guys I didn't recognise.

Didn't see any other first team players who weren't playing, or Lowe or Wilde.

- - - - - - - Bart

- - - - - - Robertson

As for the players:

Subs:

Thanks for that!

- - - - - - - Bart

- - - - - - Robertson

As for the players:

Subs:

Got to agree to agree with most of Arizona's comments. This was a very good team performance against a good Swansea side (with Martinez watching). Bart I'm afraid seems to have lost a bit of his confidence and sparkle, his distribution was poor. Mills is an exceptionally talented player who needs more first team football. Great to see Killer back, but his replacement Jeff Imeldua was outstanding! Winning every ball with some crunching tackles, if he was about two foot taller, Jeff would be playing first team football now! Gasmi and Pulis were both pretty subdued they need lots of Reserve football before they are anywhere near ready for the first team. Jake Thomson made some great runs, especially the one which won the penalty, he just needs to get more involved and do it more often! James, once switched to midfield, showed exactly what he is all about, crunching tackles and getting stuck in, brilliant second half. Up front I wish that they played the two strikers together, Robertson holding the ball up with Paterson using his speed I am sure would have been very profitable. Both the strikers put in a very good shift. I just don't know about Wotton - he has obviously been a very capable player in his day, but there were times in the second half when he was by-passed and looked a yard or two slow. But his 'old head' definitely helps out the younger players.

Still wishing for 4-4-2. I am sure the players we have got would respond more to it.

COYR

And it was Hatch who came on at right back.

Agree with the previous report.Cannot understand why we as a skint club signed yet another midfielder in Pulis when we are playing a better midfielder i.e. James, out of position at right back.Any idea's anyone???

He was a freebie and I doubt his wages are that much, saying that we need defenders more midfielders.

Seems to me that Lloyd James has had a really bum deal by being stuck at RB in the first team so often as it's obviously not his best position and he is probably a better defensive midfielder than Pulis. If jan had brought in a RB instead, he would have had a better chance of making it as Schneiderlin's partner, without the stigma of some very dodgy performances out of position.

Seems to me that Lloyd James has had a really bum deal by being stuck at RB in the first team so often as it's obviously not his best position and he is probably a better defensive midfielder than Pulis. If jan had brought in a RB instead, he would have had a better chance of making it as Schneiderlin's partner, without the stigma of some very dodgy performances out of position.

That's a fair point. He certainly looked very good last night when he moved into central midfield - a lot better than Pulis, whom he replaced.