Tiocketing issues / New entry system

Raven on the wing

I bought two tickets on the telephone from the club for manure game and was refused admission 40 mins before kick off being told they had already been used. After 40 mins hassle was given two more tickets without extra charge but was not impressed - could do without the aggravation and did not sit in my chosen seats. There seemed to be a big queue of others with similar problems has it been covered on here already ?

I'm more concerned about the blocks of seats around the ground that the ticketing system is clearly not set up to sell - Man U was a "sell out" but even assuming that the front of Block 3 are complimentaries (in which case we have too many of them because they can't even give them away for Man U), there are still blocks of seats and whole rows (notably the front of Block 1) which remain empty even for a "sell out".

"40 minutes hassle" suggests our customer service was to the usual useless standard.

I'm more concerned about the blocks of seats around the ground that the ticketing system is clearly not set up to sell - Man U was a "sell out" but even assuming that the front of Block 3 are complimentaries (in which case we have too many of them because they can't even give them away for Man U), there are still blocks of seats and whole rows (notably the front of Block 1) which remain empty even for a "sell out".

"40 minutes hassle" suggests our customer service was to the usual useless standard.

Judging from the system for the Villa game, the blocks that were previously empty do actually look to be on sale this time round, in particular the empty spaces at the front of the ground from blocks 3 to 5.

Just a shame its taken 2 home game foul-ups to seemingly get over this hurdle; and the double selling issue above seems to suggest the left hand of the ticket office doesn't truly know what the right hand is doing. Poor all round.

Judging from the system for the Villa game, the blocks that were previously empty do actually look to be on sale this time round, in particular the empty spaces at the front of the ground from blocks 3 to 5.

Just a shame its taken 2 home game foul-ups to seemingly get over this hurdle; and the double selling issue above seems to suggest the left hand of the ticket office doesn't truly know what the right hand is doing. Poor all round.

True its a bit of balls up, but to be fair, you cant really test a system like this without a full sell out of genuine punters - the fault in this case lies surely with those software developers or thos ewho customised it for SMS - I suspect the club is as pished off as fans are...

They should also try and change the default settings so that the front rows sell before the back ones, I'm already fed up of the debate about our "half empty" ground (actually all of 3000 unsold tickets, mostly due to Wigan's low away following) which was caused by 4 rows of empty seats along Blocks 1-5 and the whole of Block 44 being empty against Wigan, slap bang behind the bits the tv cameras are usually pointing at. Typically there was only one patch of unsold tickets in the camera-side Kingsland, two rows of one block right in the bottom corner near the Northam.

Interesting also to see that despite all the criticism of us not selling out at the Etihad, QPR's lower tier fans were allowed the luxury of being held on an island surrounded by at least 10 rows of empty seats on 4 sides, rather than just the seats next to the away fans being empty - and their match was no more affected by tv scheduling than ours.

They should also try and change the default settings so that the front rows sell before the back ones, I'm already fed up of the debate about our "half empty" ground (actually all of 3000 unsold tickets, mostly due to Wigan's low away following) which was caused by 4 rows of empty seats along Blocks 1-5 and the whole of Block 44 being empty against Wigan, slap bang behind the bits the tv cameras are usually pointing at. Typically there was only one patch of unsold tickets in the camera-side Kingsland, two rows of one block right in the bottom corner near the Northam.

Yep, a lot of the problem clearly seems to be that the ticketing system defaults to showing the top level seats; I've seen plenty of comments where people didn't know how to access the seats at the bottom (you have to press the "drag" button to enable it). Of course, the problem with selling the seats nearest the pitch first is that they are often the least favourite ones, as they offer the worst view; I always look for seats at least halfway up and above.

Yep, a lot of the problem clearly seems to be that the ticketing system defaults to showing the top level seats; I've seen plenty of comments where people didn't know how to access the seats at the bottom (you have to press the "drag" button to enable it). Of course, the problem with selling the seats nearest the pitch first is that they are often the least favourite ones, as they offer the worst view; I always look for seats at least halfway up and above.

Having never actually used the ticketing system for an individual seat, it's nice to know a problem I had just assumed existed from the evidence is actually there, and might, possibly, be solved (though if I know IT change management, it'll introduce an error preventing us selling more than 26,000 tickets or something). :)

The online system showed all the lower level tickets for Blocks 3 & 4 not available if you dragged down the screen and also showed no tickets avaiable for those particular blocks at the top of each page so it wasn't a problem of people not realising seats avaiable low down, according to system no seats were available in those areas for either game, so suggests Saints reserved those seats for complimentaries but appears noody wanted the complimentary tickets

The online system showed all the lower level tickets for Blocks 3 & 4 not available if you dragged down the screen and also showed no tickets avaiable for those particular blocks at the top of each page so it wasn't a problem of people not realising seats avaiable low down, according to system no seats were available in those areas for either game, so suggests Saints reserved those seats for complimentaries but appears noody wanted the complimentary tickets

True, good point. Whether they were comps or not is up for debate, but it would seem those same seats are now up for sale so perhaps it is problem solved (or all comp seats have been moved so as to not be right in the focus of the TV cameras).

Block 3 is definitely comps, not sure block 4 was too - either way we still had far too many comps allocated if there were 3 rows of empty seats for Man U !

Interesting to hear that they weren't showing as available though.

Its not possible to sell the same ticket twice or anything with an individual code/number/ref unless the system is flawed. Basic systems processing, looks to me its either a sloppy setup and support or the data has got corrupted, update/patch install and the system not checked after.

If the ticket office confirmed same ticket sold then couldnt the system have flagged that up at the turnstile and then stweward just made a decision to let fan in as spare seats around.

Looks like a report needs to be run for duplicate sales after each AM/PM daily to highlight before fans turn up a week later for the game

my mate who works for a local VW dealership had season tickets this year. Club called yesterday to advise that the seats have been sold twice and told him he has to move. Wasn't given any option, despite not wanting to move, and now has new seats.

How can seats, especially season ticket seats, be sold twice?