Leicester fans

offix

just pointing out there is bit of difference between Fergie making passing comment, after appointment, when directly asked, along lines of yea good whatever got a plane to catch - and LMc telling people this and then laughing about how it is written up, and him being "rated" by Fergie.

Not bad bloke or manager but hardly hottest property in football and Fergie dream replacement!

I'm sure Pearson has every chance of replacing Fergueson, Darren that is...........

I admit that he was slated by many on here and I confess that I also had my doubts. But having seen how he acquitted himself in media interviews, I amended my viewpoint a bit and thought that unusually in football, here was a guy who knew his own mind and was able to articulate his thoughts well. Then I watched him slowly turn around a team that was on the floor confidence wise and give them some belief. He brought in some great loan players to shore up the defence and we became hard to beat. It seemed to me that the team was also much fitter than it had been under Burley too.

When it became clear that Lowe/Wilde would take over, I hadn't really contemplated that Lowe would get shot of Pearson, as it would be really foolish to do so, being as he had proven to be effective and was popular with the fans. I reiterate that. There was a poll on here to establish his popularity and it was a very high satisfaction rating.

I am certain that Lowe getting rid of Pearson has exacerbated the low attendance figures, which have subsequently declined further with the failure so far of the mad experiment implemented by Lowe and JP. Total conjecture, but I have no doubt in my mind that Pearson would have us higher up the table than naive Jan, even under the same team circumstances.

I had nigh on the exact views myself and would not be unhappy if he were here now. Initially I thought Pearson looked a good long term appointment, but was unsure if he was the correct person short term. We scraped through and at the end of the day a lot of the facts get glossed over in the jubilation.

Like yourself I cannot come up with a better manager for interviews, no bull****, no finger pointing, takes it on his shoulders and goes about his job with dignity. But in the grand scheme of things, what importance should you be giving to that aspect? Someone within the club commented to me, that yelling and screaming all the time to get your point across in training or a match, will eventually wear off when that level of db's become the norm. As you say we saw a noticeable improvement in fitness and he got two of our worst players in Wright and Euell to actually turn in a performance. But equally he never had the knack of getting the side to break down teams that stuck men behind the ball, something still evident from Leicester comments. Where I felt he really let us down was against Burnley, THE match of season for us as it would give us such a big edge should we win it. The performance of that team on that day was diabolical, no effort no guts and it was if we were already safe just playing out the season. We should have been fired up for that match, but we came out like a bunch of wet lettuce. This from a Burnley team who had the worst current form and had not won away or at Saints since god knows when. Then we move on to the Sheffield United match, with our fate now out of our hands. Sheffield Utd being the opposite to Burnley and the team of the moment on recent form, but luckily for us they had the previous weekend lost their only two remaining CB's and the leagues top scorer. We put in a great performance that day and our luck held, but that was one big dollop of luck. I was equally sure that Pearson would be kept on and Lowe / Wilde were on a hiding to nothing if they never kept him. An easy scapegoat that could be put onto the previous regime if things went wrong. When I heard that Pearson was let go I was taken aback, not understanding the logic. But as subsequently came clear, in the euphoria of escaping relegation, our performances were not that great. Then take the heart out of that squad and do you think the same feat is achievable with the same manager afterwards? and that is a very difficult question to put a yes to. Then factor in the shear scale of our financial problems and what would be required from the youth to fill the gap and again we arrive at a different place. Looking back to when Pericard made the bench and our own youth forwards were in the stands concerned me. Already having lost Cranie, Mills and Best because of a similar attitude, I had real fear of a repeat in this area. I can't argue seriously with Wilde and Lowe on the appointment of the two Dutch as it still makes sense. So why would I still give the edge to Pearson, well like you I think he comes across very well in an interview and has integrity.

I had nigh on the exact views myself and would not be unhappy if he were here now. Initially I thought Pearson looked a good long term appointment, but was unsure if he was the correct person short term. We scraped through and at the end of the day a lot of the facts get glossed over in the jubilation.

Like yourself I cannot come up with a better manager for interviews, no bull****, no finger pointing, takes it on his shoulders and goes about his job with dignity. But in the grand scheme of things, what importance should you be giving to that aspect? Someone within the club commented to me, that yelling and screaming all the time to get your point across in training or a match, will eventually wear off when that level of db's become the norm. As you say we saw a noticeable improvement in fitness and he got two of our worst players in Wright and Euell to actually turn in a performance. But equally he never had the knack of getting the side to break down teams that stuck men behind the ball, something still evident from Leicester comments. Where I felt he really let us down was against Burnley, THE match of season for us as it would give us such a big edge should we win it. The performance of that team on that day was diabolical, no effort no guts and it was if we were already safe just playing out the season. We should have been fired up for that match, but we came out like a bunch of wet lettuce. This from a Burnley team who had the worst current form and had not won away or at Saints since god knows when. Then we move on to the Sheffield United match, with our fate now out of our hands. Sheffield Utd being the opposite to Burnley and the team of the moment on recent form, but luckily for us they had the previous weekend lost their only two remaining CB's and the leagues top scorer. We put in a great performance that day and our luck held, but that was one big dollop of luck. I was equally sure that Pearson would be kept on and Lowe / Wilde were on a hiding to nothing if they never kept him. An easy scapegoat that could be put onto the previous regime if things went wrong. When I heard that Pearson was let go I was taken aback, not understanding the logic. But as subsequently came clear, in the euphoria of escaping relegation, our performances were not that great. Then take the heart out of that squad and do you think the same feat is achievable with the same manager afterwards? and that is a very difficult question to put a yes to. Then factor in the shear scale of our financial problems and what would be required from the youth to fill the gap and again we arrive at a different place. Looking back to when Pericard made the bench and our own youth forwards were in the stands concerned me. Already having lost Cranie, Mills and Best because of a similar attitude, I had real fear of a repeat in this area. I can't argue seriously with Wilde and Lowe on the appointment of the two Dutch as it still makes sense. So why would I still give the edge to Pearson, well like you I think he comes across very well in an interview and has integrity.

Couldnt agree more with that. Also thinking about the direction that the board has decided to take us in I dont think there are any managers from the usual suspects that would fit into this way of thinking so going dutch was the only way forward.

In many ways I would have liked us to have gone this route when we could afford to keep the better experience and also better managment as doing it all now just all seems a bit gun ho and rushed. Just think if we went this route after WGS left! We could have had a much better management team or a much better group of players for the management team to use. our kids that had so much money spent on in the acadamy would have had a route into the 1st team and we would have had an even better chance of attracting the best youth from around the country. Year on year done the right way we would have got stronger IMO.

All if's but's and maybe's though. :(

What a load of Tosh...Pearson is and always will be streets ahead of anything we have to-day.....It has been a terrible example of a personal game for Lowey and how he plays with his little toy. He is not a good business man and that is proved ever day he points the ship towards the rocks.

He got rid of Pearson for one reason and one reason alone, to play with his toy on his own and in his own way......He was never going to keep Pearson...Lowey has a massive ego and we all know it...Considered decisions my foot. This Lavender Hill Mob around him must owe him big time.

Those on this forum who are mates associates or business buddies or have been entertained at the top table should stop this nonsense and come clean..That includes those who on here appear to work for some sort of agency .. All brothers together with this

support of the saviour as we slide over the cliff.

Pearson being shoved through the door highlighted lowey for his lack of leadership for the 58th time...A joke and now we are a Dutch joke...

so everyone who is not totally convinced NP would have been doing significantly better is only saying that because of their agenda? lol these conspiracy theories are getting more and more silly.

I base mine opinion on the mixed performances I personally have seen under both managers.

so everyone who is not totally convinced NP would have been doing significantly better is only saying that because of their agenda? lol these conspiracy theories are getting more and more silly.

I base mine opinion on the mixed performances I personally have seen under both managers.

As you know and your buddies state time and time again...too late he has gone and whatever you say is doing a good job at The foxes....BUT unfortunately the replacements are sadly not up to it and you and The Lavender Hill Mob know this...So new Director of Football and First team coach now.....Emegency treatment now not when it is too late.....No good talking about what might have been...Please do not leave this group in place to slowly slide down the cliff face...It needs real business people in place to-day with real football people even to attempt a late recovery...No use meandering on through to xmas with Lowey navigate.

Edited by ottery st mary
spelling

I can't argue seriously with Wilde and Lowe on the appointment of the two Dutch as it still makes sense. So why would I still give the edge to Pearson, well like you I think he comes across very well in an interview and has integrity.

I left the rest of your post, as it is reasonable opinion. But this bit here really does need challenging, as it has many times before when spouted by others. Apart from on grounds of cheapness, on what other grounds does it make any sense at all? It has been a disaster so far taking all of the games played under them in total. For all those who point at Pearson's record and say it wasn't great, we were playing many of the top teams in the division and yet his record is better than Jan's.

But let's see you justify the appointment of the double Dutch with a post as long as that last one of yours but with more than just one line saying that you can't criticise their appointment because it makes sense.

why so many full stops?;)

lavender hill mob reference is lost on me sorry.

I think the management team could do better and clearly Mourihio (spelling??) is not our boss, I feel our performance is more to do with the players available than the first team coach. As said the alternative was NP - and even if he was available for the same money I personally doubt we would be any better off with him.

I left the rest of your post, as it is reasonable opinion. But this bit here really does need challenging, as it has many times before when spouted by others. Apart from on grounds of cheapness, on what other grounds does it make any sense at all? It has been a disaster so far taking all of the games played under them in total. For all those who point at Pearson's record and say it wasn't great, we were playing many of the top teams in the division and yet his record is better than Jan's.

But let's see you justify the appointment of the double Dutch with a post as long as that last one of yours but with more than just one line saying that you can't criticise their appointment because it makes sense.

I know it wasn't aimed at me but would say

you mention apart from cheapness - unfortunately cheapness is a big factor at the moment.

Lowe's man - how many new managers sack all the coaching staff because they want like minded people around who are "their men"

I would not go as far as saying it was a good or correct appointment but do understand a lot of the logic.

Lowe would have had to way up wanting his man, someone who would work in the wider structure e.g. Wotte he had in mind, someone who would save him money against NP - would NP definately perform that much better? No-one knows, and opinions appear to be mixed.

Sorry about the dots bad habit with morse code.....managed to get rid of the -----just the.....to work on eliminating.......

Round in circles with your team of buddies...Lowey is God no matter what happens and there in lies the answer until we go over the edge and then blame everyone else...

Keep up the good work nick....The Mob are proud of the support....The real fans will hope for one last attempt at Emegency action very soon...Even an attempt might be worth a go...Off to work, keep plugging away with your best.

We were a very poor team before Nigel Pearson took over, you only have to look back to the Bristol Rovers game to see how quickly we were sliding.

Then in came NP and stopped a poor run of results with a very low on confidence team to then grind out some hard fought draws, games we would have expected to lose before hand.

With our last five games, we had won 2,drawn 2 and lost one.

He was only in charge for 12 games (Plymouth game not included) and started to show a big improvement during the second half of his stint.

Now compare that to JP who has had more games in charge than Pearson, can anyone see an improvement ? The results would suggest not. I am still believing and hoping that given time JP will turn things around for us as I like the way he plays the game. But I still think those that are anti Nigel Pearson were only prepared to give him 12 games to prove his credentials but are more willing to give JP longer without any statistics to back him up.

Edited by slickmick

why so many full stops?;)

lavender hill mob reference is lost on me sorry.

I think the management team could do better and clearly Mourihio (spelling??) is not our boss, I feel our performance is more to do with the players available than the first team coach. As said the alternative was NP - and even if he was available for the same money I personally doubt we would be any better off with him.

Maybe we wouldn't be playing pretty and non productive football, but you can bet your life we would have had a better defence by now.

I know it wasn't aimed at me but would say

you mention apart from cheapness - unfortunately cheapness is a big factor at the moment.

Lowe's man - how many new managers sack all the coaching staff because they want like minded people around who are "their men"

I would not go as far as saying it was a good or correct appointment but do understand a lot of the logic.

Lowe would have had to way up wanting his man, someone who would work in the wider structure e.g. Wotte he had in mind, someone who would save him money against NP - would NP definately perform that much better? No-one knows, and opinions appear to be mixed.

But its not working, so what now ?

But its not working, so what now ?

What are you expecting? We can argue all day about who can be blamed for the financial situation the club is in but the facts are that we are in a dire financial state. This meant that everyone that could be sold in the Summer was sold and those we could not sell were, where possible, shipped out on loan to save on wages. What was left was a squad of youth team players and a handful of free transfers/Bosmans and this was always going to be the ase no matter who was the Chairman (unless Crouch had stayed and was stubborn enough not to cut cost in which case we would be in administration by now)

Given the squad we have it is completely to be expected that we are struggling at the wrong end of the table but at this stage we are not mired at the bottom of the table and have every hope of staying up which was the only aim that any realistic fan could have for this season knowing the financial realities.

What is ludicrous is the thought that the managerial legend that is 3 wins from 16 Perason could be doing substantially better given the same resources. If Stern John's shot had gone a foot the other way he would have got us relegated last season with a far stronger squad than we have now yet some seem to think we would be doing swimmingly if he was still here! FFS, Arsene Wenger would be hard pushed to take our squad to mid-table safety.

What are you expecting? We can argue all day about who can be blamed for the financial situation the club is in but the facts are that we are in a dire financial state. This meant that everyone that could be sold in the Summer was sold and those we could not sell were, where possible, shipped out on loan to save on wages. What was left was a squad of youth team players and a handful of free transfers/Bosmans and this was always going to be the ase no matter who was the Chairman (unless Crouch had stayed and was stubborn enough not to cut cost in which case we would be in administration by now)

Given the squad we have it is completely to be expected that we are struggling at the wrong end of the table but at this stage we are not mired at the bottom of the table and have every hope of staying up which was the only aim that any realistic fan could have for this season knowing the financial realities.

What is ludicrous is the thought that the managerial legend that is 3 wins from 16 Perason could be doing substantially better given the same resources. If Stern John's shot had gone a foot the other way he would have got us relegated last season with a far stronger squad than we have now yet some seem to think we would be doing swimmingly if he was still here! FFS, Arsene Wenger would be hard pushed to take our squad to mid-table safety.

I dont always agree with you OB but this is spot on

We were a very poor team before Nigel Pearson took over, you only have to look back to the Bristol Rovers game to see how quickly we were sliding.

Then in came NP and stopped a poor run of results with a very low on confidence team to then grind out some hard fought draws, games we would have expected to lose before hand.

With our last five games, we had won 2,drawn 2 and lost one.

He was only in charge for 12 games (Plymouth game not included) and started to show a big improvement during the second half of his stint.

Now compare that to JP who has had more games in charge than Pearson, can anyone see an improvement ? The results would suggest not. I am still believing and hoping that given time JP will turn things around for us as I like the way he plays the game. But I still think those that are anti Nigel Pearson were only prepared to give him 12 games to prove his credentials but are more willing to give JP longer without any statistics to back him up.

we were a reasonable CCC team, playing badly! Was not that long before he came in we were ok.

I dont always agree with you OB but this is spot on

Almost, except,

1/ I don't think Pearson was in charge for 16 games.

2/ He would have got loanee defenders,which is our weak area instead of unneccesary midfielders.

3/ Will we ever be sure that Pearson was on so much more money than Jp & co.

4/ Arsene Wenger is playing kids that are younger and wiping the floor with teams in the CCC.

My argument is that if Pearson was our manager and we were still in the same position, people like yourself would be calling for his head, yet are willing to accept what we have at present.

although age, epxerience, formation, tactics are all important -the biggest factor is the ability of your players.

Arsenal's young players are some of the best probably in the world.

Are players, having lost some quality in Safri, Davis, Saga, Rasiak and John are not as good.

Almost, except,

1/ I don't think Pearson was in charge for 16 games.

2/ He would have got loanee defenders,which is our weak area instead of unneccesary midfielders.

3/ Will we ever be sure that Pearson was on so much more money than Jp & co.

4/ Arsene Wenger is playing kids that are younger and wiping the floor with teams in the CCC.

Ive not counted the games he was in charge for so 16, 15, 12 what ever it was it was a handful of games of which in the end he just about did enough to save us that season. he was what we needed as we saw the team make an improvment on what we had seen the rest of the season.

agree with the defence being a problem as it was last year, he did something about it then so i have no treason to believe he wouldnt do anything about it now. only bringing in Pearce seems a bit week when we are known for leaking goals for the pastn few seasons.

we will never know the facsts on the wages but i think it was stated somewhe re that makes it more official that both JO and woote were brought in for the same cost as Pearson. that could be complete arse but it doesnt sound too far off. look at pearsons cv compared to JP's and that in its self should show you there will be a difference in sallary's.

Arsen has been playing the youth system for years and in a way we are trying to emulate it without the superstars in the 1st team. thats about the only compatison i think we can have with a team pushing for the title every year and us ga team that is hoping to still be inm business next year. lol

although age, epxerience, formation, tactics are all important -the biggest factor is the ability of your players.

Arsenal's young players are some of the best probably in the world.

Are players, having lost some quality in Safri, Davis, Saga, Rasiak and John are not as good.

The ability of the players is a big factor but don't try telling me that playing the same formation at home week after week and still not winning doesn't have a bigger factor.

It has to change for home games and that is down to the manager.

Originally Posted by once_bitterne viewpost.gif

What are you expecting? We can argue all day about who can be blamed for the financial situation the club is in but the facts are that we are in a dire financial state. This meant that everyone that could be sold in the Summer was sold and those we could not sell were, where possible, shipped out on loan to save on wages. What was left was a squad of youth team players and a handful of free transfers/Bosmans and this was always going to be the case no matter who was the Chairman (unless Crouch had stayed and was stubborn enough not to cut cost in which case we would be in administration by now)

What is ludicrous is the thought that the managerial legend that is 3 wins from 16 Pearson could be doing substantially better given the same resources.

My argument is that if Pearson was our manager and we were still in the same position, people like yourself would be calling for his head, yet are willing to accept what we have at present.

You are spouting absolute ******. Go back and look at the posts following escaping relegation last season and you will clearly see the qualified support for Pearson, when considering that he was going to be left with. This is no knee jerk response in relation to the position we now find ourselves in, but one that could easily be seen coming. I seriously doubted whether Pearson would avoid relegation this season with the resources he would have, that still did not stop me believing we should keep him on.

The post by OB encapsulates exactly where we are and how we got here.

Your posts seem to contain quite a few references to what other people would do. Are you some form of clairevoyant?

Funnily enough, you are completely wrong. If the decision had been mine I would have stuck with Pearson this season after we had stayed up. However, having said that, both Pearson and JP are two very average managers plying their trade in the lower leagues of English football. Unfortunately for a club in our position we can do no better than them. One has great football knowledge and played in a WC final but no experience in English football and then other has no real experience of being a manager but good experience of being an assistant. So it really is a toss up to who would do the better job given the same resources. What does make me laugh is that many on here seem to be viewing Pearson as the second coming of Bill Shankley, solely for the reason of getting a chance enduldge in Lowe bashing.

As I said above, ANY REASONABLE FAN could see that given our financial situation survival was the only realistic aim for this season and so if Pearson had stayed on and we were where we are now (ie. still in with a shout of staying up) then I would no more be calling for him to be sacked that I am for JP to be sacked.

As people are saying money (or lack of) is the real reason we are where we are so trying to pin the blame on JP (or even Lowe) is pointless.

This is a ridiculous thread, you can see that people who dislike Lowe are making things up. The agenda's on here is utterly ridiculous. Personally, I'm somewhere in the middle of the debate, but I am getting pushed more and more towards the like Lowe 'faction' because the Lowe haters talk absolute bull. It's ridiculous.

I know 2 Leicester fans, and they are non-plussed about Pearson. The football is sh!t (as expected with Pearson), but they're grinding out results. If they start to lose a couple there will be calls for Pearsons head.

Only 2 posts before yours even have the word Lowe in them as far as I can see.

Show us where exactly in this thread any posts before yours has made up stuff about Lowe in them?

Only 2 posts before yours even have the word Lowe in them as far as I can see.

Show us where exactly in this thread any posts before yours has made up stuff about Lowe in them?

read his post again. he didnt say people making stuff up about lowe. people who dont like lowe are making stuff up i think you will find is what he said.

Your posts seem to contain quite a few references to what other people would do. Are you some form of clairevoyant? No, its what others have expressed.

Funnily enough, you are completely wrong. If the decision had been mine I would have stuck with Pearson this season after we had stayed up. However, having said that, both Pearson and JP are two very average managers plying their trade in the lower leagues of English football.Unfortunately for a club in our position we can do no better than them. One has great football knowledge and played in a WC final but no experience in English football and then other has no real experience of being a manager but good experience of being an assistant. So it really is a toss up to who would do the better job given the same resources.That we do agree on. What does make me laugh is that many on here seem to be viewing Pearson as the second coming of Bill Shankley, solely for the reason of getting a chance enduldge in Lowe bashing. Now who's being a clairvoyant. Couldn't be further from the truth in my view.

As I said above, ANY REASONABLE FAN could see that given our financial situation survival was the only realistic aim for this season and so if Pearson had stayed on and we were where we are now (ie. still in with a shout of staying up) then I would no more be calling for him to be sacked that I am for JP to be sacked.

As people are saying money (or lack of) is the real reason we are where we are so trying to pin the blame on JP (or even Lowe) is pointless.Again it has nothing to do with Lowe. Yet there are some on here that will back JP purely because he is Lowes choice while at the same time slagging of Pearson as if he were in some way inferior. [quote]

If we had NP in charge, I think we would be in a better position than we are now. We have one of the better away records this season, but at home, one win is poor and surely it would be worth having a go at changing the formation. We have been out thought but not outplayed on most occasions at home this season and thats down to JP. Add to that, the likelyhood the gates would improve if our home performances were better.

The ability of the players is a big factor but don't try telling me that playing the same formation at home week after week and still not winning doesn't have a bigger factor.

It has to change for home games and that is down to the manager.

In your opinion of course ;)

like i said before. the 2 dutch people grew up with this formation and it is what they believe in home and away. there are countless managers that believe 4-4-2 is the only way to go. sturrock was a firm believer in 4-5-1 away and 4-4-2 at home.

this season will be gauged on survival and but for some really poor defending the team is showing that this formation has some legs in it so I am happy for it to continue.

sure there are plenty of managers that could maybe do a better job than JP with the same formation and everything. there will be plenty more than can do a better job in the good old fasioned english way. thing is, once the decission was made to make the full use out of the acadamy our options on a coach that would work within the guidlines was very limited.

Your posts seem to contain quite a few references to what other people would do. Are you some form of clairevoyant? No, its what others have expressed.

Funnily enough, you are completely wrong. If the decision had been mine I would have stuck with Pearson this season after we had stayed up. However, having said that, both Pearson and JP are two very average managers plying their trade in the lower leagues of English football.Unfortunately for a club in our position we can do no better than them. One has great football knowledge and played in a WC final but no experience in English football and then other has no real experience of being a manager but good experience of being an assistant. So it really is a toss up to who would do the better job given the same resources.That we do agree on. What does make me laugh is that many on here seem to be viewing Pearson as the second coming of Bill Shankley, solely for the reason of getting a chance enduldge in Lowe bashing. Now who's being a clairvoyant. Couldn't be further from the truth in my view.

As people are saying money (or lack of) is the real reason we are where we are so trying to pin the blame on JP (or even Lowe) is pointless.Again it has nothing to do with Lowe. Yet there are some on here that will back JP purely because he is Lowes choice while at the same time slagging of Pearson as if he were in some way inferior.

If we had NP in charge, I think we would be in a better position than we are now. We have one of the better away records this season, but at home, one win is poor and surely it would be worth having a go at changing the formation. We have been out thought but not outplayed on most occasions at home this season and thats down to JP. Add to that, the likelyhood the gates would improve if our home performances were better.

I think you will find the only person thinking getting rid of Pearson was a good idea was Scooby. Does anyone really listen to what he has had to say????

I dont think we have been out thought too often. We have had the team defend like it is sharing a braincell between them and that has cost us goals and in turn points. there have not been too many games where we were a bad team and not deserved anything from a game.

Points is what counts though which is why right now things dont look very good.

What was your expectation for this season? And what position would you say is a result come the end of the season?

Personally I expect us to be safe and would be happy if we can get to low mid table. anything higher than that and I will be extatic.

I think you will find the only person thinking getting rid of Pearson was a good idea was Scooby. Does anyone really listen to what he has had to say????

I dont think we have been out thought too often. We have had the team defend like it is sharing a braincell between them and that has cost us goals and in turn points. there have not been too many games where we were a bad team and not deserved anything from a game.

Points is what counts though which is why right now things dont look very good.

What was your expectation for this season? And what position would you say is a result come the end of the season?

Personally I expect us to be safe and would be happy if we can get to low mid table. anything higher than that and I will be extatic.

Exactly the same, but my worry is we are going to lose Lallana, Skacel and Schniederlin in January and was hoping to amassed enough points by then to give us a bit of a cushion before the run in.