Leicester fans

offix

are happy bunnies right now. Happy with NP that is. I spoke to some of them who were on Holidays here (wearing their colours) and they tell me that the mix of young and experienced players is working out really well, and that NP has them fitter then they have been for a number of seasons, and he has them really motivated and working hard for every ball.

Leaves me to think of what might have been.:(

Leicester fan I spoke to earlier today says that they're playing pretty poorly and relying heavily on Fryatt and Lloyd Dyer.

My boss is a Leicester fan and thinks compared to the last 2 seasons they are playing miles better. Scoring a lot more goals and creating more. Have a more physical disiplined team. Haven't had anyone sent off and are scoring for fun, even Oakley has apparently been scoring...

Any Leicester fan who thinks they are playing poor compared to what they have played for the best part of 10 years i doubt is a real supporter in truth as they have never had it so good.

My boss is a Leicester fan and thinks compared to the last 2 seasons they are playing miles better. Scoring a lot more goals and creating more. Have a more physical disiplined team. Haven't had anyone sent off and are scoring for fun, even Oakley has apparently been scoring...

Any Leicester fan who thinks they are playing poor compared to what they have played for the best part of 10 years i doubt is a real supporter in truth as they have never had it so good.

LOL.

You do realise Leicester City are in League one, don't you.

I love all these threads making out Leicester fans are in paradise and why oh why can't we be like them. Keep them coming, they make me **** myself.

I doubt very much our relegation in May will be greeted with the same level of celebration that you lot have transmitted onto Leicester City fans, who in your eyes seem to be dancing in the streets at the prospect of playing Cheltenham Town and Yeovil.

I'd rather poke my own eyes out that see Saints play a single match in that joke league.

"Never had it so good". Priceless.

forgot they had him! When you think when we were playing well under WGS and BT got into England squad, WGS was saying Oakley should be the one playing for England, he can only be about 29-31? He should shine in the 3rd tier!

LOL.

You do realise Leicester City are in League one, don't you.

I love all these threads making out Leicester fans are in paradise and why oh why can't we be like them. Keep them coming, they make me **** myself.

I doubt very much our relegation in May will be greeted with the same level of celebration that you lot have transmitted onto Leicester City fans, who in your eyes seem to be dancing in the streets at the prospect of playing Cheltenham Town and Yeovil.

I'd rather poke my own eyes out that see Saints play a single match in that joke league.

"Never had it so good". Priceless.

Hmmmmmm, let's hope we don't get relegated then or it's specsavers for you!:smt045

where

guess they have only supported for 6 years?;)

Leicester established themselves in the Premiership with four successive top ten finishes. O'Neill was the first manager to win silverware for 26 years, winning the League Cup twice, in 1997 and 2000, and Leicester were runners-up in 1999. This meant qualification for the UEFA Cup in 1998 and 2001, the club's first European competition since 1961

The great 'young' (well 45) manager Pearson eh? Such great potential that before we gave him a job, the last time he was a boss was when he just about saved Carlisle from relegation to the Conference in the 90s?

If he doesn't get Leicester promoted he'll be sacked.

Where as Jan Portielvet had such great potential that.........oh forgot.

i dont think he would have done any better here than JP tbh but we will never know.

spurs were happy with hoddle at first,man city were happy with ball at first,sunderland were very happy with bigmac at first,arsenal are very happy with walcott,spurs are very happy with bale,chelsea are very happy with bridge,blackburn were very happy with shearer,arsenal were very happy with williams............blah blah blah.the list will be added to.

no point looking back>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>forward is the way to look.

27 Goals from 16 games is not scoring for fun, scoring for fun is scoring two or three goals a game. As for your assessment about Leicester fans, WTF do you know unless you are a secret Leicester fan, if you are not then you know fvck all about them.

Jesus, what a miserable lot of over-the-top losers you lot are! My nickname is Victor for obvious reasons but I'm mellow and cheerful compared with all of you.

Good luck Leicester.

Good luck Matt (Oakley).

Good luck Nigel.

Good luck Saints.

Good luck Jan (you're gonna need it).

Have a nice day, one-and-all!

are happy bunnies right now. Happy with NP that is. I spoke to some of them who were on Holidays here (wearing their colours) and they tell me that the mix of young and experienced players is working out really well, and that NP has them fitter then they have been for a number of seasons, and he has them really motivated and working hard for every ball.

Leaves me to think of what might have been.:(

How this highlights the crass stupidity of Lowe and Wilde.

They will forever be reviled for ruining this once great club.

I wonder how That Leicester team would do in the CCC this season had they played our games? They did well enough to go down last season so my guess is they would be near the bottom. In fact I think there are probably a couple of games that they would have got better results in and a couple that would have been worse. Maybe 1 or 3 points difference so I dont look at them with envy.

They went down and good luck to them coming back up. We stayed up and good luck in keeping us up.

There are no other comparissons.

the last time he was a boss was when he just about saved Carlisle from relegation to the Conference in the 90s?

Of course dismissing his (admittedly short) spells as caretaker manager of Newcastle, West Brom and England u21, and his experience as 1st team coach for Stoke, West Brom, Newcastle, and the time spent with the England FA set up working with all the age groups up to and including u21. 7 or 8 years working with some top people (and Bryan Robson) in this country, serving an apprenticeship in the English League, gaining valuable contacts in the English game, and now proving again a success as a manager in his own right. Now, remind me of the experience of the Englisgh game, or for that matter the Dutch professional game of Jan Poortvliet?

Of course dismissing his (admittedly short) spells as caretaker manager of Newcastle, West Brom and England u21, and his experience as 1st team coach for Stoke, West Brom, Newcastle, and the time spent with the England FA set up working with all the age groups up to and including u21. 7 or 8 years working with some top people (and Bryan Robson) in this country, serving an apprenticeship in the English League, gaining valuable contacts in the English game, and now proving again a success as a manager in his own right. Now, remind me of the experience of the Englisgh game, or for that matter the Dutch professional game of Jan Poortvliet?

if you had that much experience for a job would you expect your sallery to be 20 quid per week?

NP is gone. stop thinking of what we could of had and look to the future. We need to support JP if we are ever going to succeed.

We could support the nice Mr Poortvliet for ever, we would still not succeed. Obviously we cannot go back to NP, Lowe would never admit to making a mistake, but thinking that JP will lead us to success is seriously misguided in my opinion.

We could support the nice Mr Poortvliet for ever, we would still not succeed. Obviously we cannot go back to NP, Lowe would never admit to making a mistake, but thinking that JP will lead us to success is seriously misguided in my opinion.

who knows, I have seen good and bad in both of them during their time here and my gut feeling is they aren't much different in ability.

That is of course your opinion. My opinion is that Jan will not necisarrily lead us to success but he will lead us to safty if we can keep the team together past January.

Although I dont like everything about our club right now I do like the direction the team is at least trying to go.

Exactly right! And of course the fact that for the first time in ages we had a manager that was popular with more than 50% of the fanbase. A fanbase that may well not of abandoned the club as quickly, had he had been reappointed.

Exactly right! And of course the fact that for the first time in ages we had a manager that was popular with more than 50% of the fanbase. A fanbase that may well not of abandoned the club as quickly, had he had been reappointed.

you sure about that?

I dont think there were many that didnt think he was a decent guy, or after giving him a chance there were not many that didnt think he was doing better than GB.

But he was pretty much slated by most fans and pundits when he was unveiled as our new boss. He deserved a chance IMO and did well to save us so late on but his CV and a few changed opinions doesnt turn him into the next england manager.

This is a ridiculous thread, you can see that people who dislike Lowe are making things up. The agenda's on here is utterly ridiculous. Personally, I'm somewhere in the middle of the debate, but I am getting pushed more and more towards the like Lowe 'faction' because the Lowe haters talk absolute bull. It's ridiculous.

I know 2 Leicester fans, and they are non-plussed about Pearson. The football is sh!t (as expected with Pearson), but they're grinding out results. If they start to lose a couple there will be calls for Pearsons head.

guess they have only supported for 6 years?;)

Leicester established themselves in the Premiership with four successive top ten finishes. O'Neill was the first manager to win silverware for 26 years, winning the League Cup twice, in 1997 and 2000, and Leicester were runners-up in 1999. This meant qualification for the UEFA Cup in 1998 and 2001, the club's first European competition since 1961

just looked at league table, although hopefully for NP they will come up, I don't think being on same points as Millwall, one ahead of MK Dons, two ahead of Peterborough in 3rd tier quite compare to those days above to say they have nver had it so good!

you sure about that?

I dont think there were many that didnt think he was a decent guy, or after giving him a chance there were not many that didnt think he was doing better than GB.

But he was pretty much slated by most fans and pundits when he was unveiled as our new boss. He deserved a chance IMO and did well to save us so late on but his CV and a few changed opinions doesnt turn him into the next england manager.

Who said anything about next England Manager? Yes, he was an unpopular choice when he first took over but that was because nobody really knew that much about him. I took a different view in that all the names being banded round here were the usual suspects who go round and round on the managerial merry-go-round and who have been a failure (in most cases) at several clubs.

The fact that Alex Ferguson and the like rated him was good enough for me and he turned around an unfit, unmotivated shambles of a team that was spiralling towards relegation, in a very short space of time. He seems to have done the same with Leicester which is their gain and our loss.

One of the points to the origoanl thread was that the Leicester team is fit. I dont think this can be critised of our team now, we seem fitter than a number of seasons and the squad we have are putting everything in.

I know the results have not gone our way - and there is no saying we would have been any better had pearson been here (we would of had the same squad afterall and id be suprised if Pearson would have achgieved the same passing style we are playing now).

Get behind the team. This is one for the future.

We may go down we may not but least we are playing with passion and committment and we are finaaly trying to live within our means Short term pain, long term gain and all that

you sure about that?

I admit that he was slated by many on here and I confess that I also had my doubts. But having seen how he acquitted himself in media interviews, I amended my viewpoint a bit and thought that unusually in football, here was a guy who knew his own mind and was able to articulate his thoughts well. Then I watched him slowly turn around a team that was on the floor confidence wise and give them some belief. He brought in some great loan players to shore up the defence and we became hard to beat. It seemed to me that the team was also much fitter than it had been under Burley too.

When it became clear that Lowe/Wilde would take over, I hadn't really contemplated that Lowe would get shot of Pearson, as it would be really foolish to do so, being as he had proven to be effective and was popular with the fans. I reiterate that. There was a poll on here to establish his popularity and it was a very high satisfaction rating.

I am certain that Lowe getting rid of Pearson has exacerbated the low attendance figures, which have subsequently declined further with the failure so far of the mad experiment implemented by Lowe and JP. Total conjecture, but I have no doubt in my mind that Pearson would have us higher up the table than naive Jan, even under the same team circumstances.

Who said anything about next England Manager? Yes, he was an unpopular choice when he first took over but that was because nobody really knew that much about him. I took a different view in that all the names being banded round here were the usual suspects who go round and round on the managerial merry-go-round and who have been a failure (in most cases) at several clubs.

The fact that Alex Ferguson and the like rated him was good enough for me and he turned around an unfit, unmotivated shambles of a team that was spiralling towards relegation, in a very short space of time. He seems to have done the same with Leicester which is their gain and our loss.

how do you know Fergie rated him?

I know the results have not gone our way - and there is no saying we would have been any better had pearson been here (we would of had the same squad afterall and id be suprised if Pearson would have achgieved the same passing style we are playing now).

Get behind the team. This is one for the future.

We may go down we may not but least we are playing with passion and committment and we are finaaly trying to live within our means Short term pain, long term gain and all that

And this opinion is based on what exactly? You reckon that the same players would somehow lose their ability to pass under Pearson? :rolleyes:

IMO the same players would probably be instructed to get the ball more quickly into the box and there would almost certainly be two strikers there to capitalise on it, which is an area where JP notably falls down on.

I admit that he was slated by many on here and I confess that I also had my doubts. But having seen how he acquitted himself in media interviews, I amended my viewpoint a bit and thought that unusually in football, here was a guy who knew his own mind and was able to articulate his thoughts well. Then I watched him slowly turn around a team that was on the floor confidence wise and give them some belief. He brought in some great loan players to shore up the defence and we became hard to beat. It seemed to me that the team was also much fitter than it had been under Burley too.

When it became clear that Lowe/Wilde would take over, I hadn't really contemplated that Lowe would get shot of Pearson, as it would be really foolish to do so, being as he had proven to be effective and was popular with the fans. I reiterate that. There was a poll on here to establish his popularity and it was a very high satisfaction rating.

I am certain that Lowe getting rid of Pearson has exacerbated the low attendance figures, which have subsequently declined further with the failure so far of the mad experiment implemented by Lowe and JP. Total conjecture, but I have no doubt in my mind that Pearson would have us higher up the table than naive Jan, even under the same team circumstances.

I agree on pretty much all of that. Not sure about being any higher up the table though and very much doubt we would have the same team. the cost of pearson has got us JP and Wotte if what we are led to believe is correct so there would be added cost in keeping pearsons 2nd in command and backroom staff. this cost would have to come from somewhere and if cost is what kept John and Skacel out of the team then we could also have seen Davis and Euell out of the squad too.

Its impossible to say what would happen or could have happend but Im with you in thinking that Pearson deserved a chance and if cost wasnt the deciding factor then I think we have missed out.

Lawrie Mac wrote this in his Echo column, just after he appointed NP

"I was speaking to Alex Ferguson on Tuesday morning as he waited to board his flight to Lyon and his comments were a good appointment".

Story I was told was the Fergie was literally going on plane, Lawrie said about the appointment and said what do you think. Got the above response and Lawrie came off telling others he would use it as an endorsement of their choice.

Fergie may have said elsewhere he rated him, but thats the one I heard joked about.

(not saying Fergie doesn't rate him or slagging him off -just was recounted to me at the time as funny story about LMc openly playing up a passing comment!)

Edited by NickG

Lawrie Mac wrote this in his Echo column, just after he appointed NP

"I was speaking to Alex Ferguson on Tuesday morning as he waited to board his flight to Lyon and his comments were a good appointment".

Story I was told was the Fergie was literally going on plane, Lawrie said about the appointment and said what do you think. Got the above response and Lawrie came off telling others he would use it as an endorsement of their choice.

Fergie may have said elsewhere he rated him, but thats the one I heard joked about.

(not saying Fergie doesn't rate him or slagging him off -just was recounted to me at the time as funny story about LMc openly playing up a passing comment!)

So, from the above, you are actually agreeing that Fergie did actually say that it was a good appointment, whatever difference that makes.

Regardless, IMO Pearson has an infinitely larger chance of one day managing in the PL than JP does. In fact it could have been with us if those in charge had chosen stability for once and stuck with him.

just pointing out there is bit of difference between Fergie making passing comment, after appointment, when directly asked, along lines of yea good whatever got a plane to catch - and LMc telling people this and then laughing about how it is written up, and him being "rated" by Fergie.

Not bad bloke or manager but hardly hottest property in football and Fergie dream replacement!