Big Ron 4 Goal OT Blitz Link

TijuanaTim

Thanks for posting that again and brought back memories of when we had some great players to cheer.

I had always thought Martin was in goal that day not Gerry Gurr who I used to watch loads in the reserves as a nipper - he had a fantastic leap and catch that I have never forgotten - strange thing schoolboy football memories.

I had the pleasure of playing against Sydie a few years ago...more than a few ..a game that also included Jimmy Gabriel and although I had played at Hampshire league level these guys still run rings round us.

Great memories of Big Ron my all time hero.

This is a fascinating interview with Big Ron about those halcyon days http://www.giveittoron.co.uk/rdint.htm .

Since this interview and due to the generous help of an anomamous friend, we have had Ron's teeth fixed to comply with US asthetic requirements (bad joke there, actually because of his surgeon's request - something to do with potential post-op infection). Also he now has his new left hip and will soon be getting his righ done.

Ron is even more upbeat and happy, he and his wife Chris's lives - because of the intervention of many of you lot, is vastly improved. He is healthy, even happier, living in an improved environment and (though still poor) much more financially stable.

Please check out the rest of the Give It To Ron site also...awesome way to while away some time.

Good to see that old footage again, wasn't the football woefully slow in those days, you could go for a pint and a **** and 7 times out of ten nothing happened. Mc Grath would have been sent of for his "last man" hauling back

of the United player nowadays. No physical contact whatsoever most of the time, just stroking the ball about with the defenders standing off.

Does anyone know of a DVD or video of Scotland 5 Wales 3 from the Home Internationals in about 1969? I think Ron scored two goals, one of which was a bullet header from the edge of the penalty area that he couldn't have vollyed harder.

Was that the one where he outjumped the scottish keeper in a big bunch of players ?

Managed to get his head above the keepers outstretched arms.