League 1

Thedelldays

You can bet that when the new STs come out,if we are relegated then Rupert will still put the price up using the usual Lowe machine of spin,something along the lines of- "The new and exciting new teams",we will be facing.

Wonder if we will still be playing "Total football?

When was the last time season tickets were put up by Lowe?

Didnt he come out with a statement when we were relegated,along the lines of we will be playing 24 games instead of 20?

Although you may be right because i cant remember if the price went up or stayed the same?

Anyway what ever happens to us,i cant see the price of a ST staying the same next season.

It isn't necessarily putting them up; it's a case of having them cost the same, but getting less for the money. For example, the price didn't go down when we were relegated, but Cowen justified it by saying we would get more games for it. A bit like a travel agent saying that although you had been used to going to the Maldives, he could offer you Benidorm at the same price, but would throw in 3 extra days.

In our present circumstances, the current special offer is no increase, but we get to watch the Academy play, when last season we could watch those players for free.

And then they wonder why the stadium is half empty, Whilst some idiots proclaim Lowe's brilliant business accumen.

we will walk that league...

If they made a league for clubs based on the biggest Doom & Gloom merchants and Most negative supporters, then we would sit at the top based on a fair percentage of the post on this forum.

As far as a lot of you are concerned we should never have bothered even playing a game this season because you so called experts / pundits have had SFC written off as dead certs for relegation since before August....

Didnt he come out with a statement when we were relegated,along the lines of we will be playing 24 games instead of 20?

Although you may be right because i cant remember if the price went up or stayed the same?

Anyway what ever happens to us,i cant see the price of a ST staying the same next season.

You are correct, the price didn't change and stayed the same on relegation but he (Lowe) said we are playing more games (23 instead of 19) so that was his justification for the price then. I think most clubs keep a fairly high price following relegation in the hope that more fans think immediate promotion will follow. As we know that rule of thumb doesn't always work.

Good for you saintwarwick i wish i was like you.But since the FA Cup,i feel i have turned towards the dark side.

Thing is i used to think it was just me getting older,because away from football im known as always being happy;but its also happened to everyone i go to football with as well.I cant remember the last time any of us went to a match,thinking Saints were going to win easily?In fact a few of them have even started to miss the odd match or two.That wouldve been unthinkable a few seasons ago.

So when we get to the point of relegation,i doubt if anyone i go to football with,or myself will really be that bothered anymore.

It isn't necessarily putting them up; it's a case of having them cost the same, but getting less for the money. For example, the price didn't go down when we were relegated, but Cowen justified it by saying we would get more games for it. A bit like a travel agent saying that although you had been used to going to the Maldives, he could offer you Benidorm at the same price, but would throw in 3 extra days.

In our present circumstances, the current special offer is no increase, but we get to watch the Academy play, when last season we could watch those players for free.

And then they wonder why the stadium is half empty, Whilst some idiots proclaim Lowe's brilliant business accumen.

Maybe, just maybe the banks may have some say in the matter.

I'm a happy clappy glass half full optimistic person, I will rejoice if we stay up but will not slit my wrists if we slip further down the league structure. You can of course rejoice in negatism.

I'm in awe of any Saints fan who can maintain a sense of optimism this season - I question their sanity , but I'm still mightily impressed .

Edited by CHAPEL END CHARLIE

If they made a league for clubs based on the biggest Doom & Gloom merchants and Most negative supporters, then we would sit at the top based on a fair percentage of the post on this forum.

As far as a lot of you are concerned we should never have bothered even playing a game this season because you so called experts / pundits have had SFC written off as dead certs for relegation since before August....

Wasnt something posted on here a while ago giving how many wins all the teams in all four leagues have had over the last ten years(excuse me if i have the exact facts wrong,but you get my drift)?

If i remember rightly Saints have had the fewest wins out of all of the teams in all four divisions.

I think that says it all.

Good for you saintwarwick i wish i was like you.But since the FA Cup,i feel i have turned towards the dark side.

Thing is i used to think it was just me getting older,because away from football im known as always being happy;but its also happened to everyone i go to football with as well.I cant remember the last time any of us went to a match,thinking Saints were going to win easily?In fact a few of them have even started to miss the odd match or two.That wouldve been unthinkable a few seasons ago.

So when we get to the point of relegation,i doubt if anyone i go to football with,or myself will really be that bothered anymore.

I suppose we are all different in the way we support our beloved club, I actually turn up expecting us to lose these days and we do more frequently than we would like, but to me it is not the end of the world. The cup final a few years ago was a magic occasion and we should of moved on from that but we didn't and Lowe must take the blame for that. I was one of the fortunate ones to remember the previous FA cup final and when we moved on to the next level, sadly this time nothing was learned. I believed though that when the Wilde bunch took over everything would be a lot better and was glad Lowe got the boot, however it didn't seem to change that much except for the Wilde bunch spending beyond our means, but it seems to me no matter who is in charge nowadays nothing will change. We need a complete change of leadership/ownership but until that happens we will have to put up with one of the trio whoever is running the club at any given time.

Maybe, just maybe the banks may have some say in the matter.

Yes, I hope they do. I hope that they tell him that they have given his stupid plan a chance to show some signs of being effective, but they can plainly see that it hasn't. I hope that they see that both Lowe and Wilde are the most divisive elements that could possibly be running the club and that their policies have led directly to the considerable fall of attendances that have exacerbated the losses. I hope that they will therefore suggest to the board that Lowe and Wilde should be replaced by others who would put in place measures to turn the situation around, like adopting more conventional tried and tested methods of running the club.

I suspect that we have until the January transfer window, as we will then sell as many players as possible in order to inject some cash towards the overdraught, but when the bank see that attendances will then fall further, they will be forced to make some overdue decisions.

So if you and your friends thought we were going to win these matches you would all be there and happy again?

Yes, I hope they do. I hope that they tell him that they have given his stupid plan a chance to show some signs of being effective, but they can plainly see that it hasn't. I hope that they see that both Lowe and Wilde are the most divisive elements that could possibly be running the club and that their policies have led directly to the considerable fall of attendances that have exacerbated the losses. I hope that they will therefore suggest to the board that Lowe and Wilde should be replaced by others who would put in place measures to turn the situation around, like adopting more conventional tried and tested methods of running the club.

I suspect that we have until the January transfer window, as we will then sell as many players as possible in order to inject some cash towards the overdraught, but when the bank see that attendances will then fall further, they will be forced to make some overdue decisions.

Not that I want things to go this way I think your pretty close to what will happen.