Prospective Italian signings?

Barry Sanchez

You can guarentee that if we dont sign a winger/left back/goal keeper it'll be blamed on us messing around for too long with the Astori negotiations.

Oh I know that - I shall avoid reading the board for a while if that happens!

Seeing as the manager is the most unstable position in the whole of football, it's probably for the best he doesn't have the biggest influence over signings that the club makes. We are making long term purchases for the long term interests of the club. It's logical to suggest therefore that people who are here for the long term (Cortese and Reed) have input. That's the point of the club philosophy. Only United probably do it any differently in the Premier League and thats because their manager is the most stable position in football atm. Every other club has a club philosophy that the signings and managers will fit into.. (Swansea, WBA, Newcastle, Chelsea are all examples of this).

Welcome to modern day football. Much more efficiently run with long term planning.

Its a reasonable question. I just wonder if NA has heard of half of them before the "Committee Meeting"

That is why we have a scouting network to source these types of players that certain people may not of heard of, How do you not know we have had our scouts going around the world and they have come to the conclusion that these players are the best in terms of ability and value for money?

I bet Nigel Adkins has heard of Keiron Dyer But i don't hear people suggesting that we should sign him, Why is that?

If Nigel,you,Myself or anyone else have not heard of a player it does not make them a bad player, we have scouts and many contacts throughout the game who give us opinions on these players.