Anyone Know If Guided Missile Is Back From Mumbai

Gemmel

...returned last week from a short business trip from Mumbai. Touched by the concern on this site, but please reserve it for the mostly, Indian victims of the carnage. I'll return to Mumbai when I need to. Westerners staying away, will prolong the damage to the many low paid Indians that work in the hotels and restaurants, that serve the visitors so well. Lovely people who could not be more friendly, particularly when your waiter has the chance to discuss cricket and the fantastic young team they have at the moment.

Back in the 70's and all through the 80's when I was working on ships at sea - I visited Bombay (as it was known then) a few times - and several other places in that region; Karachi in Pakistan, Colombo in Sri Lanka, etc. Sometimes we'd stay for just a few days - sometimes for 2 weeks. Eveywhere we went out there (and I mean everywhere!) - the locals working in all the big hotels, shops, markets, taxi drivers, eveyone - they were all obsessed with cricket & would happily talk about it for hours on end! Of course - England had a half-decent side back then and you weren't embarrassed to be an England cricket fan - like you are nowadays!!! Anyway - Mumbai/Bombay was a truly great & varied place to visit back then & I believe it's even better these days. I've been wanting to visit Goa for years too but never quite made it - yet. One day perhaps.