Kingsland Block 34 trouble?

Tractor_Saint

try and see the humour ffs

Was sat a few rows in front and didn't actually see it but heard that that's what happened and to see the little lad (obviously the 'punchers' son) crying after when his dad had just been taken away by stewards was quite upsetting. Embarrassing really that someone at a game with young children would start laying into someone like that, the little boy's face said it all. Football would be better without fans like these

I'll pass on that suggestion.

Reading this forum sometimes genuinely depresses me. A little snapshot of modern society where it's fine to punch someone in the face at a sporting event. Where it's an abhorent thought to go to a rugby match and mingle quite happily with people who support another team. ANOTHER TEAM???? are you mental???? People who support "other teams" are the enemy. They are to be spat and sworn at, and physically assualted as and when it's possible. That is the whole point of going to football.

The really sad thing is that it's sports like rugby that will probably go the other way and turn into football, rather than the other way round.

What can you do though when every pub in town is full of the stone island brigade, downing Stella to achieve the only bit of happiness they have in life. A reflection of Britain, not just football.

agree it sums up the sad t wats and that small minority who are stuck in their Neanderthal 1970s time warp ,time they grew up.

my reply was to b rabbit on turkish post,not to the slap chelsea fans got,

I got that, but the 'humour' in Turkish's sarcasm seems extremely misplaced to me. Mainly because I suspect their is still a minority that actually think like that.

Was right next to it. Guy near me must have given his season tickets away, it was a Saints fan and a Chelsea fan in his usual seats together i.e. someone brought there mate who was a Chelsea fan. The guy wasn't mouthing off, he went to jump up when the goal went in (disallowed) and realized where he was - too late the Saints fan just started really laying into him punching his face in. The guy was pretty shook up. The kids who were upset were the punchers kids and they were upset because they had just seen there Dad beat someone up. Some of you might think that is okay behavior but I would never lay into someone with my kids there, they were petrified.

What a complete idiot. Behaving like that particularly in front of his children is not acceptable. The bloke should be banned from St Mary's and hopefully social services will be informed as this bloke can obviously not handle the responsibility of looking after children.

Reading this forum sometimes genuinely depresses me. A little snapshot of modern society where it's fine to punch someone in the face at a sporting event. Where it's an abhorent thought to go to a rugby match and mingle quite happily with people who support another team. ANOTHER TEAM???? are you mental???? People who support "other teams" are the enemy. They are to be spat and sworn at, and physically assualted as and when it's possible. That is the whole point of going to football.

The really sad thing is that it's sports like rugby that will probably go the other way and turn into football, rather than the other way round.

What can you do though when every pub in town is full of the stone island brigade, downing Stella to achieve the only bit of happiness they have in life. A reflection of Britain, not just football.

I can't stand violence but please don't compare football to rugby. Rugby is a ****e sport played by a few people in a handful of countries.

Well, how would you have phrased it?

Well I certainly wouldn't have used a turn of phrase that suggested he passed the bread bowl in the wrong direction at the dinner table.

And based on the circumstances that have come to light, that it was a Chelsea fan with his Saints supporting friend I will absolutely stand by my comments. There really are some utter animals at football matches and it sadly seems that our fanbase includes some, I completely agree with Saintru above too. Football really can bring out the utter worst in people.

We have home ends and away ends for a reason. If you decide to ignore that then you shouldn't expect any sympathy if some moron decides to make a target of you.

Don't assume that because I or anyone else points out that away fans in home ends at football matches is asking for trouble then they automatically think that it's okay to just lay into people - far from it. But as you yourself point out, "football really can bring out the utter worst in people" and as methods of getting into bother go, sitting in the opposition end of a game is pretty much at the top of the list.

If, as Maysie claims, the Chelsea fan simply went to jump up and the checked himself, them it sounds like he got unlucky but he put himself in that position.

(Andobviously the person who lumped him deserves to be in a whole load of grief (and not just with the police if he really did have his kids with him).)

I can't stand violence but please don't compare football to rugby. Rugby is a ****e sport played by a few people in a handful of countries.

Can you explain to me how it matters what actual sport is being played? How does it relate to the attitudes and behaviour of the people watching it?