Kingsland Block 34 trouble?

Tractor_Saint

He must have felt a right mug. Not only giving it the big i am and acting like a tit only for the goal to be disallowed, but getting a bloody nose and thrown out to boot.

In all honesty, he was probably glad that he didn't have to sit through the rest of it.

I don't advocate violence, but rule #1 of sitting in the home section as an away fan is too shut the **** up. What the hell did he expect?

Home fans generally don't give a crap as long as you have the courtesy to sit their quietly. I have done it a number of times, simply sit there and say you are a neutral then try not to go bat **** when Saints score.

I don't advocate violence, but rule #1 of sitting in the home section as an away fan is too shut the **** up. What the hell did he expect?

Home fans generally don't give a crap as long as you have the courtesy to sit their quietly. I have done it a number of times, simply sit there and say you are a neutral then try not to go bat **** when Saints score.

What a tit, this being said it is one of the hardest things, not to jump up and go mental when saints score if your in with the other teams fans, had to sit on my hands last year at Leeds when we scored as live in Leeds and go to all the saints / Leeds games.

According to the UI it was gobby Chelsea fans giving it the large one after their goal and got a bit of a slap from a few saints sitting close by. Sounds like it was deserved.

Did no one jump up and shout out ' leave it ahhttt....he ain't wurf it'?

The one in block 2 was hilarious! More interesting than why the goal was disallowed (I assume it was for the face mask)...

Pretty sure rule one of sitting in the home end as an away fan is don't left everyone know you are doing it. Block 2 guy was dragged out after a lot of shouting, it was very funny

No one deserves a kicking for breaking etiquette.

Quite wrong. Never sink to the level of those who would belittle you.

What if he'd shouted "F*cking have that you c*nts" at those around him, including the kids? Speculation by the way, I have no idea what happened...but after he was taken out a couple of youngsters came up from the concourse talking to the stewards, looking pretty shaken.

What if he'd shouted "F*cking have that you c*nts" at those around him, including the kids? Speculation by the way, I have no idea what happened...but after he was taken out a couple of youngsters came up from the concourse talking to the stewards, looking pretty shaken.

Ahh the good old 'protecting women and children' line, obligatory in these discussions. I don't care that some bloke has hit another bloke at the football but this line always makes me laugh.

Went to England v Wales at Twickenham- took a while to get used to tolerance of having so many of t eh opposing fans near me but ultimately much happier atmosphere and can have rivalry without the violence. Never going to happen though as football fans generally unhappier with their lives and can't help show aggression

Well if that was the case as described (celebrating in the home end) then it absolutely was deserved. I would expect the same if the situation was reversed!

Tribal bloody football, where was the humour there used to be in mixed crowds from years ago, I blame segregation.

stop being such a lily livered pacifist , a little bit of violence never hurt anyone and In this case it was justified with just cause. the chelsea fan declared war by celebrating and took the consequences.

Tribal bloody football, where was the humour there used to be in mixed crowds from years ago, I blame segregation.

Man, you've been out of the country far too long..."mixed crowds" died out in the early sixties!

Whether it's right or wrong that away fans get slung out of home areas, the fact is if you buy a ticket in 'home' seats most accept you show a bit of respect and keep it low-key. It clearly states on tickets and is a general rule that away fans aren't permitted in home areas and will be ejected if identified. If you can't keep a lid on it, and it is very difficult at times, just don't act surprised or moan when it gets gnarly.

Went to England v Wales at Twickenham- took a while to get used to tolerance of having so many of t eh opposing fans near me but ultimately much happier atmosphere and can have rivalry without the violence. Never going to happen though as football fans generally unhappier with their lives and can't help show aggression

Rugby is totally different. Rugby is and always has been about the drinking and mixing with everyone - it does feel odd sitting with opposition fans around you, but I like it at rugby. I would hate it at football - different sport, different atmosphere, different occasions.

Sounds to me like he took a beating for being a d!ck, not for breaking etiquette.

In my experience if you are in the wrong end and can't resist jumping up when your team scores, a reasonable person can diffuse the situation. If there are some idiots around you who get aggressive just accept the fact that you shouldn't be there and leave. It's so so easy to avoid trouble.

I was in the amongst the Wigan fans this season, in the posh seats but the row directly in front of us were normal punters. My mate and I managed to contain ourselves for our equaliser, but lost it when we went in front. They were very good about it. There was a fair amount of 'banter' but not a hint of violence or aggression and a few of them even turned to us and said no more than you deserved.

Of course when they then equalised, we had to take a fair amount back, and fair enough. It can be done, it depends how you go about it.

I am in the home end at Reading....

Ahh the good old 'protecting women and children' line, obligatory in these discussions. I don't care that some bloke has hit another bloke at the football but this line always makes me laugh.

I didn't say that at all did I, merely pointing out that there may have been a lot more to it than just him cheering a goal.

Love saints, and love football. But when I go to a rugby match (Twickenham) I get a few beers in the ground, and there is mixed fans. I believe that this makes for a much better atmosphere! Banta, but acceptable, seperating fans causes more harm than good maybe? I don't know.

COYS

Was right next to it. Guy near me must have given his season tickets away, it was a Saints fan and a Chelsea fan in his usual seats together i.e. someone brought there mate who was a Chelsea fan. The guy wasn't mouthing off, he went to jump up when the goal went in (disallowed) and realized where he was - too late the Saints fan just started really laying into him punching his face in. The guy was pretty shook up. The kids who were upset were the punchers kids and they were upset because they had just seen there Dad beat someone up. Some of you might think that is okay behavior but I would never lay into someone with my kids there, they were petrified.

Edited by maysie

Was right next to it. Guy near me must have given his season tickets away, it was a Saints fan and a Chelsea fan in his usual seats together i.e. someone brought there mate who was a Chelsea fan. The guy wasn't mouthing off, he went to jump up when the goal went in (disallowed) and realized where he was - too late the Saints fan just started really laying into him punching his face in. The guy was pretty shook up. The kids who were upset were the punchers kids and they were upset because they had just seen there Dad beat someone up. Some of you might think that is okay behavior but I would never lay into someone with my kids there, they were petrified.

As usual - it would appear that people nowhere near the incident have created a scenario that didn't actually happen - unless of course they witnessed a different incident!

Was sat a few rows in front and didn't actually see it but heard that that's what happened and to see the little lad (obviously the 'punchers' son) crying after when his dad had just been taken away by stewards was quite upsetting. Embarrassing really that someone at a game with young children would start laying into someone like that, the little boy's face said it all. Football would be better without fans like these - hope he gets banned.

bet if away fan looked hard that bloke would've done nothing. Real hard man laying into someone on his own. Sound like a piece of **** anyway.

And getting the backing from message board hard men who'd no doubt crp themselves if threatened

There lies the problem with fooball. I hear lot of you saying they deserved it etc, no it is a shame that some feel it is ok to assault someone because they celebrated an away goal. In rugby you often sit amongst away fans and there is never an issue just respet for each other.

Breaking etiquette...

:facepalm:

Well, how would you have phrased it?

And based on the circumstances that have come to light, that it was a Chelsea fan with his Saints supporting friend I will absolutely stand by my comments. There really are some utter animals at football matches and it sadly seems that our fanbase includes some, I completely agree with Saintru above too. Football really can bring out the utter worst in people.

Reading this forum sometimes genuinely depresses me. A little snapshot of modern society where it's fine to punch someone in the face at a sporting event. Where it's an abhorent thought to go to a rugby match and mingle quite happily with people who support another team. ANOTHER TEAM???? are you mental???? People who support "other teams" are the enemy. They are to be spat and sworn at, and physically assualted as and when it's possible. That is the whole point of going to football.

The really sad thing is that it's sports like rugby that will probably go the other way and turn into football, rather than the other way round.

What can you do though when every pub in town is full of the stone island brigade, downing Stella to achieve the only bit of happiness they have in life. A reflection of Britain, not just football.

Was sat a few rows in front and didn't actually see it but heard that that's what happened and to see the little lad (obviously the 'punchers' son) crying after when his dad had just been taken away by stewards was quite upsetting. Embarrassing really that someone at a game with young children would start laying into someone like that, the little boy's face said it all. Football would be better without fans like these - hope he gets banned.

Agreed a banning is well justified as it is for anyone found starting violence at a football match be it saints or opposition fans.

Reading this forum sometimes genuinely depresses me. A little snapshot of modern society where it's fine to punch someone in the face at a sporting event. Where it's an abhorent thought to go to a rugby match and mingle quite happily with people who support another team. ANOTHER TEAM???? are you mental???? People who support "other teams" are the enemy. They are to be spat and sworn at, and physically assualted as and when it's possible. That is the whole point of going to football.

The really sad thing is that it's sports like rugby that will probably go the other way and turn into football, rather than the other way round.

What can you do though when every pub in town is full of the stone island brigade, downing Stella to achieve the only bit of happiness they have in life. A reflection of Britain, not just football.

You just don't get it do you. For some of us its a way of life. I love getting out of bed on a Saturday morning in my dark and dingy bedsit after a hard week and work hitting to phones, football is my releases from the stress of being one of Britains leasing telesalesists. High flyers like me need a release and beating people up at football seems to be as good a one as any. Ill put on one of my stone island jumpers and I feel alive, like an invisible force field of invincibility has enveloped me. Remember the porridge adverts from the 80s when the kid has a bowl and he gets that orange glow all round him? Well you get the idea of what it's like to be clobbered up in SI.

It's not until you actually get to the pub and the true fun starts, the snarling, the spitting, the pure anger that we feel, there is no release like it. Word will go round that 40 Chelsea are in Que Pasa, or 60 Scoucers are in Yates. Immediately we are relieved that those areas are where CCTV are so there is absolutely no chance of a row there so we can carrying on looking hard safe in our own pub, more spitting and snarling and taking the p*ss out of these pathetic firms for not leaving the main drag and looking for it.

After the game it's a different story, usually visiting firms are surrounded by old bill at this time so I'm happy to give it the trampoline from behind the police lines, encouraging them to fight but knowing there is no chance at all, while they are shepherded back to the station like the frightened little lambs they are. No matter how many times I yell "come on then" whilst jumping up and down with my arms outstreached they are too scared to do anything. With our enemy wrapped up by old bill it's back to the pub to get smashed on FOSTERS (not Stella, you ignorant f*ck) and talk about previous rucks like we've had today, or how we'd done far more or their manor when we've visited them, like the time we slipped the OB by breaking up into two groups, one of one and one of sixty five and took the p*ss in a pub miles away from the ground.

Th biggest buzz of all through is going onto terracelinks the next morning, finding their firms forum and telling them under my user name SFC_Casual exactly what I'd have done to them if it hasn't been for CCTV and them holding hands with the OB all day. Then going onto the Pompey site and winding them up about how they got run ragged by Hartlepools firm. There is nothing like it and People like you just don't get it do you.

Edited by Turkish