FA Cup or 4th place?

SNSUN

FA Cup or 4th place? (if you had to choose)  

181 members have voted

1. 1. FA Cup or 4th place? (if you had to choose)

Nice try, you say yourself that progress from 4th, which a lot of people have described as 'kicking on' in your eyes would mean winning trophies, including the league eventually and runs in the champions league, if winning the league and cups isn't glory what is? Several on here seemed to believe a 4th place finish would enable that to happen, ie be 'the gateway' your own definition of 'kicking on' or 'progress' has proven this. Not gone well for you this thread has it.

You've taken the easy route out there, what about the "non stop success thereafter" part?

As it happens, I think this thread has gone a lot better than I expected.

You've taken the easy route out there, what about the "non stop success thereafter" part?

As it happens, I think this thread has gone a lot better than I expected.

I would say challenging for and winning the leagues, cups and champions leagues could be considered non stop success for a club like us wouldn't you? That is what you said would happen when we 'kick on' from our 4th place finish and succeed where Sours, Everton, Leeds, Newcatle failed yes?

Yep, it's gone really well for you, denying people think finishing 4th is the launch pad to better things, then claiming that is exactly what it would be!! :lol:

has to be the cup,those who were at wembley in 76 wont ever forget that day its immortalised in history forever

no one forgets a cup win,who remembers coming fourth

arsenal celebrating like they did is a sad indicment of modern football,to think this great club havent won a cup of any sort for 8 years i may be wrong,is unreal but celebrate like they did is quite sad,also seeing the spurs fans practicaly in tears cos they hadnt got fourth was sad as well

also saints before england everytime

id rather win the cup and qualify for europe that way

Fourth would be immense, and that's where the gravy is at.

However, we'd have to get through the preliminary rounds first and knowing our luck, we'd probably draw Lyon or Milan or something and it'd be over before it started.

I've never seen Saints win anything other than the JPT so for me, it's the FA Cup - just. Then we can try win that and enter the CL that way the following season... :-o

I don't think we are anywhere near ready for the CL! Would much prefer to win a trophy, and then have a little run in the Europa League which is probably the tournament we should really be aiming for.

Are you having a laugh? We are such a bigger club than the Europa League, we need to be aiming for CL.