BMW 318d

saint_stevo

Hi Bessie, I've got a 320d and its not that expensive to insure, you'll be surprised. As for maintenance read the thread I put on about BMW servicing, its ain't that bad either.

Cheers blud, Id be getting it hire purchase anyways, makes it easier for me as I do a hell of a lot of miles, changed two windscreens in my Qashqai already in a single year etc.

Either that or CL 220 CDI AMG.

Whats pros cons for the BMW though turks ? For our gammy legged friend

Cheers blud, Id be getting it hire purchase anyways, makes it easier for me as I do a hell of a lot of miles, changed two windscreens in my Qashqai already in a single year etc.

Either that or CL 220 CDI AMG.

Whats pros cons for the BMW though turks ? For our gammy legged friend

To be honest I'm struggling to think of cons, had mine for 6 months, I do about 30,000 a year and its been a pleasure to drive, comfortable, solid, fairly quick and relatively good MPG. The only downside is it is useless in the snow, I got stranded up a hill in the first lot of bad weather we had and had to dump it and walk home, first week up north we had snow for a week so I couldn't use it. If you can cope with that for a week a year then its a great car.

I've had a couple of 318s in the past, though petrol not diesel. Really great car, as Turkish says not too bad on insurance or servicing. My two were reliable as anything (one was about 5 years old when bought, one from new), I kept both for 3 or 4 years and never had any major bother. Thinking about another BMW now, as it happens.

To be honest I'm struggling to think of cons, had mine for 6 months, I do about 30,000 a year and its been a pleasure to drive, comfortable, solid, fairly quick and relatively good MPG. The only downside is it is useless in the snow, I got stranded up a hill in the first lot of bad weather we had and had to dump it and walk home, first week up north we had snow for a week so I couldn't use it. If you can cope with that for a week a year then its a great car.

Try reverse. I remember waay back, I used to commute from Tring station into London. There's a long incline up from the car park. The Cavaliers used to go up facing forwards, and the Sierras used to go up in reverse when the grip was iffy.