Good value low-end desktop PC

Minty

Anyone know of any good deals around at the mo, for relatively low-end PC's. It's for business use only, mostly Office use, perhaps a bit of Photoshop, so on board graphics and sound is fine, just sufficient memory to run a few things at once. Needs to have a serial port, or a PCI slot (I have a PCI serial card). Not fussed what version of Windows, so if it is still Win7, that's fine, and I don't mind Win8 either (will be used with touchscreen).

I'm looking around the usual places, Dabs, ebuyer, but sometimes you guys find some good deals elsewhere.

Ta.

How productive do you want to be? Would be worth thinking about twin monitors. Two 20" or 22" monitors are just as cheap as one large monitor and really do make a difference to your 'desktop' space. Most Dell machines have the appropriate port and cables.

Have a look at the Novatech range. They sell them without all the annoying bloatware you often get on a standard machine.

Thirded.

Very helpful and you won't be sold a load of stuff that you don't need.

Thirded.

Very helpful and you won't be sold a load of stuff that you don't need.

And confirmed Novatech is probably one of the best places to go. They even have a live chat on their website which you can get a lot of free information and help from.

I bought a PSU from Novatech and it broke down after 6 months, talked on live chat to a Tech guy who sent me a new one free of charge which arrived the next day. Absolutely top service.

Rather than start a new thread, anyone know a good inexpensive laptop for the Mrs? Emails, word doc, maybe photos and probably iplayer type use. I got her a tablet but she hates Android (and Apple would be no better).

Again my advice would be to chat to Novatech.