Immersion heater

SO16_Saint

Easy enough job to do if you have the tools.is it top or bottom entry unit as you may have to drain the whole tank if its a bottom unit.One of the biggest problems is undoing the heater without splitting the tank if the previous unit has had a lot of boss white used to seal it. Best change the stat and cable as well. You will need a tank spanner, hose to drain off the tank, new heater element, stat and cable.

Cheers MS... i've managed to get a plumber out to change both stats for £30 parts and £50 labour.

I think I'll eventually replace the whole unit from the big tank to some sort of water heater unit (if this is even possible)??

You can get 'on demand' electric waters heaters as opposed to the storage type you have , but if you want a fairly fast flow (ie for a bath or shower) you'd need a big unit and that would be expensive. l

You can get 'on demand' electric waters heaters as opposed to the storage type you have , but if you want a fairly fast flow (ie for a bath or shower) you'd need a big unit and that would be expensive. l

There is already an electric shower in the bathroom (above the bath) - so would just need hot water on demand for the bath, bathroom taps, and kitchen taps. All the heating in the flat is electric also.

Do-able?

• 2 weeks later...
There is already an electric shower in the bathroom (above the bath) - so would just need hot water on demand for the bath, bathroom taps, and kitchen taps. All the heating in the flat is electric also.

Do-able?

get an electric boiler. That will supply your tank and give you a decent flow rate.

We think ours is buggered too.

Currently renting a small flat off the inlaws so we can save to buy. Everything is electric, had a new washing machine installed by hopeless Indesit on Wednesday. Ever since then Friday the flat has been with out hot water, except for shower.

We think ours is buggered too.

Currently renting a small flat off the inlaws so we can save to buy. Everything is electric, had a new washing machine installed by hopeless Indesit on Wednesday. Ever since then Friday the flat has been with out hot water, except for shower.

Turned out both our thermostat sensors were gone, so replaced them both for £100 all in including parts and labour.

Let me know if you want contact details of the guy

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk