Do the players and staff...

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

...give a toss about the fans at a time like this and how well they've been backed and supported each week or will it all be about loyalty to departing individual(s), new career opportunities being presented, avoiding the negativity of being at a club in supposed turmoil, a financial decision with a chance to earn more cash with a move and/or thoughts of saving prospective World Cup spaces?

My feeling is that most players may wait until the end if the season to see how this pans out but some will move on for the reasons above and almost certainly the fans will have minimal bearing on any decision. Is that how others see the tiny influence of supporters too?

I don't understand why Rickie would leave, but its understandable that players like Lallana and Schneiderlin would want to test themselves at a higher level now it looks like we won't be getting there ourselves. Would expect them to wait until the end of the season out of loyalty then go.

I don't understand why Rickie would leave, but its understandable that players like Lallana and Schneiderlin would want to test themselves at a higher level now it looks like we won't be getting there ourselves. Would expect them to wait until the end of the season out of loyalty then go.

Who says it now looks like we won't?

I don't expect any players to leave as a result of this latest event. Those that were going anyway will do, but it won't be the likes of Lallana or Schneiderlin. Some thought the players would be hacked off when Adkins went but that didn't appear to happen. They are used to this sort of thing (especially at Saints) so I fully expect them to get on with the business of winning football matches - not pining after a departed chairman. Even if Pochettino leaves I still expect them to get on with the thing they are paid to do without any fuss.

I think the cause of all this is that we won't be getting the investment Cortese was hoping for.

From the Leibherrs anyway

That contradicts all the reports stating that it is nothing to do with that, but more to do with KL's desire to sell sooner rather than later.

That contradicts all the reports stating that it is nothing to do with that, but more to do with KL's desire to sell sooner rather than later.

The Telegraph's Jeremy Wilson reports that vastly differing accounts have been offered. Nobody has mentioned anything about investment this time though. It seems to me it's all about the power structure within the club, but who dun wot is anyone's guess at the moment.

This is based on what exactly?