Ince or Jan?

N/West Saint

So Jan is the best we could do in the current circumstances is he? LOL. If people seriosuly believe that then they know little about football. Jan is out of his depth, and we could do better with a manager that understands the Football League. Ince, though is definitely not the answer, though he would probably do better than Jan. Having inexperienced players is all very well if you have someone good who can work with them to get the best out of them, Jan is not that person.

I've never been a JP fan, I described him as clueless earlier on here, btu he has certainly improved he decision making and team selection. I got the feeling Jan was employed because he cost about 50k a year. If that is our budget then yes he probably is the best we can do in the current circumstances. If he's on £250k a year then I'd have to ask why the hell Pearson was not retained.

Again I raise the question, with this crop of players would any other manager have done a great deal better? I mean Wotton, James, Lancashire, Robertson, Smith, Pekhart...they're pretty poor even by our own low standards. Note I say that with the asumption that JP did not scout them. From what I have seen he has got them playing pretty well and it is only a lack of real talent that has prevented us obtaining more points.

FWIW I'd happily take Ince here so long as he was happy with less money than he probably was earning at MK Dons.

Edited by Chez

a new manager would spend endless games trying to work out what we already know... we are crap so are our players, so is the level of resources and so is....etc...etc... and in the mean time the squad is continuously tinkered about ... gelling ... blah... blah... oh hell go on then... same old... same old... cant hurt us anymore can it.. when in free fall all u have to fear is the ground........

First and foremost, why would he be good for us? Because he was once relevant at another occupation?

There are way better young coaches.

There are way better ex-player coaches.

There are way better black coaches.

Incie has never come accross as smart, incisive, strategic...just like Keano to be fair, an old loud mouth that could bully a few journeymen pros at a lower level and then gets found out where it matters.

I would wish both of them good luck, but they have both had enough good fortune in their lives already. That does not mean I don't wish them well either...just leave the coaching to coaches and move on, or come back more humble with some civility, after attaining formal coaching qualifications.

First and foremost, why would he be good for us? Because he was once relevant at another occupation?

There are way better young coaches.

There are way better ex-player coaches.

There are way better black coaches.

Incie has never come accross as smart, incisive, strategic...just like Keano to be fair, an old loud mouth that could bully a few journeymen pros at a lower level and then gets found out where it matters.

I would wish both of them good luck, but they have both had enough good fortune in their lives already. That does not mean I don't wish them well either...just leave the coaching to coaches and move on, or come back more humble with some civility, after attaining formal coaching qualifications.

Absolutely spot on.

Chairmen appoint Ince, sell best 2 players, don't give Ince funds to spend, team make poor start so chairmen sack manager but keep their jobs :-(

are they going to sack themselves..

the blackburn board wanted allardyce...guess what, huge fan pressure put that on the back burner..they went another route and appointed ince....

it goes wrong after 6 months (they are utter tripe with players like santa cruz) and they ignore the fans and appoint big sam....

even people like dalgleish have come out and said ince was turning into a disaster...when do you hear from him..?

appointing a manager from league 1 STRAIGHT to the prem is ridiculous and never works......not in this day and age...

what nutjob of a club would do such a thing....????

:rolleyes: