Is this our best league position ever?

Ohio Saint

Obviously, i am not talking about how high we are in the league, but in terms of being safe in mid table with a team with great potential in the future.

Assuming MP might stay with us, he has the chance to play around with the youngsters, scout players for the summer and try out ideas for a full half season in the Premier league without serious repercussions if experiments go pear shaped.

Sure, it was disappointing when we inevitability dropped from the top three, but it was always going to happen. What we are left with now looks like a golden opportunity for long term planning. I are an happy clapper, for sure, but why not?

I wrote this 3 weeks ago and it was scorned, the glass ceiling has been reached without further investment, all clubs above us are far far larger and have bar Everton (they have posted a profit this year mind) far more money than us so thats it. No shame there at all in my opinion.

Um, no....What you just said there has no relation whatsoever to the OP

I don't think we've ever been this comfortable in the top division in the time I've been watching, but I can't imagine we had too many relegation worries the year we finished second in the league?

I'm old enough to remember that too. :)

Obviously I didn't stress the future prospects enough in the OP.