LIVE DEBATE: The EU - in or out - Clegg vs Farage

Saint-Armstrong

good post pap and apart from coming from a proper working class background and living in the flower roads also used to live in the east end on london so you can see how i found barrys comments funny about burnley etc.why he gos on about the same areas why does he not just talk about liverpool instead plus i,m one of those who has voted in a referendum and remember the 70s very well and the import duties we used to have have on cars etc and poor productivity and that we were one of the poorest countrys at the time and i also witnessed the investment surge in the industry i was involved with and how the quality improved dramatically from the rubbish which countries like germany belguim would not touch. i agree clegg was poor at selling the eu but to be fair no major paper has adressed the postive aspects of our membership when they are owned by th anti eu group of the mail express and murdock empire has they never give a balanced view and has for farage he is ukip and used to remember his ilk in the past who used emotional language and fake patriotism in the past.

I remember the 70's as well and we were lied to . The EU is nothing like the EEC . Clegg whilst defending his position said that powers were not the British parliaments to give away but the people's. He said that it was "only right" that any transfer of power should be agreed via a referendum. As powers have been given away since the last vote it is "only right" to allow the British people a say on the EU as it is now.

To try and blame the media is just nonsense. Only the express has called for withdrawal, the others either parrot camerons laughable "renegotiate" line or are pro European. That loon Toynbee was on a podcast saying that clegg should have said "leaving Europe would be so diasterous for the nation that we can not give the people a vote and risk them voting out". That's what people like clegg, really think but they use weasel words to twist the truth and scare people. They play the people for fools and the "peoples army" have had enough.

• 1 month later...
I think the ordinary voter thinks both clegg and farage are both Pratt's and I don't think the euro elections will have a high turnout except for the die hards.has for the general election they only thing ukip will achieve is hand the election to labour.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I normally wouldn't bother turning out for the euros but this time, myself and almost everyone I speak to are making the effort. I think you'll be surprised by the turnout. People have had enough.