Tony Pulis

farawaysaint

Criticised by many as a dinosaur manager at Stoke, I remember when he was let go, fans of every team (myself included) were screaming they'd never want him near their club.... Bloody hell I was wrong, Palace were dead and buried, I expected them to finish bottom of the league and he has performed a rather large miracle.

The football at Palace hasn't exactly been stone age football either, I wonder why he seemed so limited at Stoke?

Criticised by many as a dinosaur manager at Stoke, I remember when he was let go, fans of every team (myself included) were screaming they'd never want him near their club.... Bloody hell I was wrong, Palace were dead and buried, I expected them to finish bottom of the league and he has performed a rather large miracle.

The football at Palace hasn't exactly been stone age football either, I wonder why he seemed so limited at Stoke?

he inherited Palaces team of athletic and skillful players instead of the big lumps he took to Stoke. Saying that he did do wonders and makes Holloway look next to useless.

Yup, I'm with you faraway. I was very critical of him before.

Fair play, the guy has done an unreal job there. From dead certs for relegation to finishing pretty comfortably. As you say, the football really isn't that bad. Shown Holloway that he is definitely a Championship Manager (hehe) and nothing more.

Manager of the Year by some way for me.

Still think he should ditch the hat though.

Interesting listening to him last night, his future is far from certain there. The way he was talking you'd think his contract is up in the summer, but he has 2 years.

He's meeting with the Palace chairman in the summer, as rightly so...he probably believes after what he's achieved, he should be allowed to push the club on and really consolidate them. Whether Palace will be able to provide the same level of financial backing as stoke remains to be seen however, but that's probably the sticking point. He'll be off if there's no real ambition there.

He's kind of in a win-win, he's in a position to demand from Palace after what he's done for them, and if they don't provide him what he wants, then his stock has never been higher...

He wants a lot of money to spend in the summer so he can bring in his own people like Jack Butland for £5m, William Palacios for £8m, Kenwyne Jones for £8m & Dave Kitson for £5.5m. I don't know why a club that was almost bankrupt a couple of years ago don't just give him the cash.

He wants a lot of money to spend in the summer so he can bring in his own people like Jack Butland for £5m, William Palacios for £8m, Kenwyne Jones for £8m & Dave Kitson for £5.5m. I don't know why a club that was almost bankrupt a couple of years ago don't just give him the cash.

It started to go wrong for him (relatively) when he started getting cash to throw around at Stoke. Maybe he should stick to cheap and cheerful?