Summer Survival Guide

Dig Dig

This could be a significant summer of change for the Saints with a new boardroom structure, soon to be new manager and an as of yet, undetermined player turnover.

It seems that there are some posters fearing the worst and are questioning the direction of the club in the absence of any insights into what the board are actually doing and what their short/medium/long term plans are. Other posters don't seem that fussed and seem to have a few techniques and tips for those "hysterically" discussing the abundance of news articles and snippets from Journo's. Below is a handy list of things to do to help you cope:

1) dismiss news stories as speculation and claim that you'll only be listening to official news as it happens

2) claim that nothing has happened and reassure yourselves that the club are fully in command and in control of the situation

3) keep reading Reed's statement and Ralph's subsequent statements for comfort

4) gradually diminish the achievements of either Pochettino or any outgoing players. They really weren’t all that, in fact, we might actually be better without Lallana and Shaw

5) emphasis that we are only saints and can do nothing if a manager or player wants to move to a bigger club.....we owe it to them

6) highlight that we have always progressed under KL even though she has had very little to do with Saints up until now

7) blame Cortese for leaving us in such a precarious financial position, despite a year of record income and the fact our now CEO was oversseing the financials during Cortese’s reign.

8) when all else fails, claim you don't care and will support Saints regardless of whether we are in the prem or the conference

9) any criticism of the new board should be considered hysterical and/or a sign that the poster is either i.) a Pompey fan, ii.) depressed, or iii.) looks for any chance to “bash the Board” even if it is valid.

Follow these simple steps and you will have a fantastic Saints related summer

Alternatively:

1. Stop spending 8 hours a day glued to Saints Web, Twitter, Sky Sports etc. etc.
  2. Turn off computer
  3. Spend some quality time with friends, family and loved ones
  4. Take the official announcements as they come, grieve as necessary
  5. Come back in August with the necessary ammunition to form pragmatic expectations for the new season

More than one way to skin a Kat.

Edited by ant

Alternatively:

1. Stop spending 8 hours a day glued to Saints Web, Twitter, Sky Sports etc. etc.
  2. Turn off computer
  3. Spend some quality time with friends, family and loved ones
  4. Take the official announcements as they come, grieve as necessary
  5. Come back in August with the necessary ammunition to form pragmatic expectations for the new season

More than one way to cook a Kat.

They are the classic responses to negative opinions. Basically, you are depressed, go outside, get a life etc etc

Because you can't do those things AND post negative stuff on SWF.

Of course you can, Saint Charlie - but the wider point is that analysing everything in granular detail when armed with only a fraction of the facts becomes tedious very quickly. Akin to giving an answer to 10 decimal places when all through your maths the working out relied on approximations.

The old counter to this is 'well, it wouldn't be much of a message board without speculation'. True to a point, but it's baffling that some let it get to the extent that they're bursting blood vessels over unknowns.

3) keep reading Reed's statement and Ralph's subsequent statements for comfort

6) highlight that we have always progressed under KL even though she has had very little to do with Saints up until now

9) any criticism of the new board should be considered hysterical and/or a sign that the poster is either i.) a Pompey fan, ii.) depressed, or iii.) looks for any chance to “bash the Board” even if it is valid.

Whilst I agree with the sentiments of your post and am usually fairly positive when it comes to Saints and our prospects the 3 points above I have issue with. This is just my thoughts but I currently have very little faith in those with power at the club.

I don't trust Les and never have. I accept I have no huge reason to be so anti him I just can't change my instincts on this one no matter how hard I try. He seems to me to be a man who wants to be in power. I may well be wrong and I will accept what comes if I am proved to be so.

Ralph I am far from convinced. He seems to be a nice guy but so far all I have seen of him is showing his face at official club functions and doing a cycle ride to Villa park. Is he the kind of man we need to make key business decisions? How did he actually get this job, does he just talk a good game, in fact evidence so far would suggest he doesn't even do that with the howlers he has already dropped the key example being inviting bids for our players after the last game.

Whilst Kat looks more interested now which is pleasing I keep asking myself why? What changed to make her have such commitment. The only thing I keep thinking is protecting her investment and preparing it for sale. Now if that is the case then there is nothing wrong with that as its her money and her choice but what annoys me is people keep saying how we owe her all this gratitude for saving us blah blah blah. We don't at all but we do her father and Nicola Cortese who had the vision and the ambition we all secretly craved.

1. Believe that 17th is where we will finish and anything above is a real bonus !

2. For 'insurance' reasons, should we finish in the bottom three, believe in the 'yoyo' theory.

3. Remember, that the Premier league is great if we are doing well but full of plastics if we are exiting and of course the Championship is were it is at.

1. Believe that 17th is where we will finish and anything above is a real bonus !

2. For 'insurance' reasons, should we finish in the bottom three, believe in the 'yoyo' theory.

3. Remember, that the Premier league is great if we are doing well but full of plastics if we are exiting and of course the Championship is were it is at.

hahahaha you really have been scoring for fun today, 17th hasn't been used for a while :-)