The big question

Mr X

Just back from game, worse than shocking cant think of a word that does it justice!

If Pearson was still here Lowe would have sacked him by now, so I ask why is it any different for poorvliet? because the prep school prat appointed him thats why imo! anybody have any different theorys? :mad:

Just back from game, worse than shocking cant think of a word that does it justice!

If Pearson was still here Lowe would have sacked him by now, so I ask why is it any different for poorvliet? because the prep school prat appointed him thats why imo! anybody have any different theorys? :mad:

Because Lowe has hung his coat firmly on the Poortvillet hook. His business and football reputation and credibility is at stake here. He took a massive gamble that has failed.

He will be the last person to realise it (or at least admit it)

I don't think he would have sacked him because:

a) I honestly don't think we would be in this position under Pearson,

b) I don't think he would have brought in some of the players Jan has (Gasmi WTF??)

c) I don't think we would have seen such dire performances (particularly at home)

d) I don't think we would have played such one dimensional and predictable football.

Because Lowe has hung his coat firmly on the Poortvillet hook. His business and football reputation and credibility is at stake here. He took a massive gamble that has failed.

What would you say is our plan B? cos poorvliet certainly hasn't got one :(

How has he failed? We are playing attractive, passing football woth a young team of exciting prospects, just like he promised [/sarcasm]

**** off and die Lowe and Wilde, and take that Dutch pot smoking clown with you.

tbf in the past when things havnt looked too rosy with a manager lowe has been quick to act (rightly or wrongly) so i dont think that criticism can be angled at him,but.......but it seems for some reason that he wont with JP.i could be wrong but i just think he is going to persevere with JP whatever the outcome.

tbf in the past when things havnt looked too rosy with a manager lowe has been quick to act (rightly or wrongly) so i dont think that criticism can be angled at him,but.......but it seems for some reason that he wont with JP.i could be wrong but i just think he is going to persevere with JP whatever the outcome.

I agree. Short of Capello or Mourihno approaching Saints wanting to work for nothing for 'the challenge' JP will be here until the end of the season unless he walks or its clear the team have lost faith in him - and i see no evidence of that ATM.

both, sorry to be a pain

I dont reckon Lowe has a plan B, to be honest. He really has tied his fate to JP's, in my opinion, because he got rid of a manager that might have offered a lot more (pearson) to indulge his pet theories and ego.

JP could maybe admit to himself he doesnt have good enough players for "total football" and start opening his mind to alternative methods of play.

I agree. Short of Capello or Mourihno approaching Saints wanting to work for nothing for 'the challenge' JP will be here until the end of the season unless he walks or its clear the team have lost faith in him - and i see no evidence of that ATM.

what annoyed me most today about the defeat is that we simply didn't put an acceptable level of effort in which suggests the team have indeed lost faith in his methods

I think that is because this time Lowe is intrinsically linked to the Poortvliet appointment and the underlying strategy.

An admission that Jan has failed would inevitably be a wider admission of failure on the part of Lowe, something which I very much doubt he would face up to, particularly at this stage of his current tenure.

I dont reckon Lowe has a plan B, to be honest. He really has tied his fate to JP's, in my opinion, because he got rid of a manager that might have offered a lot more (pearson) to indulge his pet theories and ego.

JP could maybe admit to himself he doesnt have good enough players for "total football" and start opening his mind to alternative methods of play.

yeah I would rather see poorvliet step down on his own accord than face the humiliation of a sacking as I really do believe he isnt be allowed to manage by lowe, I agree admiting to himself that total football doesnt cut it in this league would be a good start also

I don't think he would have sacked him because:

a) I honestly don't think we would be in this position under Pearson,

b) I don't think he would have brought in some of the players Jan has (Gasmi WTF??)

c) I don't think we would have seen such dire performances (particularly at home)

d) I don't think we would have played such one dimensional and predictable football.

I can't support the dross seen today, no-one could, but I don't agree with your post. We played some (equally) shocking football under Pearson (Hull away, Burnley at home).

That said if we had an option to change JP then we should consider it. I don't think Lowe will because a) we've got no money (for payoffs, new manager or associated players) b) it is Lowe's strategy and he'll stick by it.

Ironic though that being 'trigger happy' is a stick often used to beat Lowe and when you want him to.....