Team for January onwards.

slickmick

....................Davies.................

James......Pearce......Killer/Perry......Skacel

Thompson.....Cork.....Schederlin.........Holmes

...............Saga...........John.............

Sell Surman, I think above midfield is better.

Sell Lallana, although has future potential we need to concentrate on the present. Besides, Gobbern could well be better, plus we might still have Dyer returned.

Send back Peckhart, Robinson, Gasmi.

Try to relaese BWP, Euell and Rasiak.

Hopefully this will free up enough funds to keep the above team.

In the mean time I would try Peckhart up front with BWP feeding off his flick ons and play a more direct style.

....................Davies.................

James......Pearce......Killer/Perry......Skacel

Thompson.....Cork.....Schederlin.........Holmes

...............Peckhart...........BWP.............

Not based on what I saw of him on Saturday. He made Ali Dia look accomplished. Still, this is what happens when you let Rupert sign players....:-)

I posted a very similar observation on here after Saturday's match.

Gasmi looked shell shocked and didn't appear to have a clue what he was doing.

I haven't bothered looking at how many games he played for whoever he came from, but hope someone did a better job scouting him than they did with Mr Dia.

Not based on what I saw of him on Saturday. He made Ali Dia look accomplished. Still, this is what happens when you let Rupert sign players....:-)

I'm inclined to agree with you that he is a waste of space. He was woeful Saturday but then so were most in red n white so I'll give him a chance. I hope Nick is right. Of the other loans, Cork is definately worth a long term commitment and Pearce, though inconsistent, may provide good cover. The rest can go back although there is not much to choose between Dyer and Robertson (in terms of contribution).

One player that was particularly awful in the second half was Skacel. Just wanted to get rid of the ball - and he's a cheating bugger - always backing in then falling over. Despite the call for experience in the side our most memorable games this season have been when the youngsters have played without the so called older heads.